gatlGun - General Comments / Suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Looks like someone missed the latest lockdown thread :p:

If you're not interested in the details, this is basically a minigun test weapon for damage/rate/lockdown... but for those who are interested, I've already written a load of technical blurb on it, so here goes:-

Firstly, we can split the minigun into three different sections:

1. Rate (bullets per second)
2. Damage (hp per bullet)
3. Momentum

The MiniGun in LeagueAS140 is rated at 10 bullets/s [pri] & 14.286b/s [sec] with damage rating calculated per bullet at 9 + Rand(6) dp, which equates to anything from 9dp to 15dp per bullet; Momentum is as per the default MiniGun, which is calculated at (9 + Rand(6))*500*(Vector(X) < 0.2 : Vector(X)*2.5 : Vector(X)).

The default settings for my new Mini (gatlGun) use the above ratings, but increase the base damage to 10 and decrease the Random factor to 2, so damage equates to 10-12dp and momentum is calculated at (10 + Rand(2))*500*(Vector(X) < 0.2 : Vector(X)*2.5 : Vector(X)).

CB12 is rated at a mere 7.692 bullets/sec [pri] & 10.989b/s [sec] with damage rating calculated per bullet at 8 + Rand(6) dp = anything from 8dp to 14dp per bullet. Momentum addition is removed, which is effectively CB12's crude version of NoLockdown (instead of fixing the actual problem).

...So you can see from the above calculations why so many have complained in the past that either CB12 is too nerfed, or AS & Default Mini's are too overpowered, there is quite a huge difference between them!

Purestats Minigun quite interestingly has the same primary fire rate as secondary firing, and is calculated at 7.692b/s for the first tick, then 12.5b/s for subsequent ticks... I'd be half tempted to say that there is a bug in the code here and that the primary is supposed to be constant 7.692b/s, and secondary at the 12.5b/s. There are NO momentum alterations from the minigun (i.e. uses the default calculation as AS140), since the NoLockdown is controlled & fixed by UTPure's player classes.

Last edited:
Sorry, to expand on my last post:

I'm having some problems where for some reason the ripper is set to a higher value than the Gatling gun even though I set my gatgun over it in my .ini. The lockdown has been reduced to a great level on the pug server, but the stupid plasma rifle still locks you down like a bitch. It's a server problem which needs to be fixed as I've said all along. PUG is the main server where there's a problem. I never think I've even been locked down on pubs before.

Aside from that, the minigun now is just way too powerful. Meteor ripped me to shreds in under .5 seconds when I had full health 8 times over 2 maps and it happened with a lot of other people too. I see people now completely favoring minigun over sniper, even people who would be snipers. I'm a mini/rox whore and I think mingun is now too strong, so do other miniwhores. The real problem which needs to be fixed is damage per hit in my opinion. Hope someone can do that.

The lockdown has been reduced to a great level on the pug server

how about....no?

its supposed to be the same as before according to weirdos settings

and according to me and torp it is indeed the same as before (or even worse if thats possible)

Ok weirdo, here's a constructive post for you:

The 'gatlGun' is more like a nuclear bomb - it kills everything in <0.5 second just by holding fire and spreading bullets around the map. it's REALLY powerfull as how its configured right now. Not only its very powerfull, the lockdown even got worse compared to the normal minigun - or at least its the same, maybe it feels like it happens more.
Anyway, i think this testversion isnt really configured as the way it should be right now, im waiting for the next test version :)

BTW - just use switchweapon 7 and your minigun will come up using the bind - at least it works for me, no clue why it s houldnt work for others.

how about....no?

its supposed to be the same as before according to weirdos settings

and according to me and torp it is indeed the same as before (or even worse if thats possible)

Funny how I played at least 10 pugs in the past 3 days and haven't been locked down once, whereas last time I pugged I was getting locked down every 35 seconds or so.

You'd think with everyone miniwhoring now that I'd be locked down every 2 seconds but no, haven't been locked down with mini once.

Last edited:
Funny how I played at least 10 pugs in the past 3 days and haven't been locked down once, whereas last time I pugged I was getting locked down every 35 seconds or so.

You'd think with everyone miniwhoring now that I'd be locked down every 2 seconds but no, haven't been locked down with mini once.
It's because you run in straight lines and get an headshot before people can minigun you :rolleyes: Anyway, lockdown was horrible in the PUGs i played. Maybe you are too laggy :lol: Weird.

I would like to see minigun kills plz, otherwise you dunno when someone died and who, it's important for the gameplay to know it..:hangover:

The gatlgun on Pug server is configured to the same settings as per league servers las tiw.

In the previous 2 weeks Pug server has been running a reduced firerate minigun which is why you may notice an increase at the moment as its switched back to 'normal'.

Smantie I really dont see how this is or even can be a server problem, the installation is a duplicate of server6 and 8server and im pretty sure people havent complained about them as much. As for the fact that you perceive it effects Pug server more often then perhaps this is due to the level of people playing as personally I cant see much difference between a pug and any match ive played on any other server.

Last edited:
It's really weird - i cant see how the minigun has been running at a reduced firerate.. Did you triple its damage then? Because seriously the last 2 weeks the minigun has been alot more powerfull than before :lol: :confused:

It's really weird - i cant see how the minigun has been running at a reduced firerate.. Did you triple its damage then? Because seriously the last 2 weeks the minigun has been alot more powerfull than before :lol: :confused:

Thats precisely why public votes and discussions over tiw and how it should run get nowhere. Even though it was reduced and some people noticed others think its been reversed and increased, most people just go by what they are told and think they see a difference whether there is one or not.

NB up until friday rate of fire was reduced between 20 and 25%, nothing else changed lockdown/damage etc

Sorry MyM but I disagree.

I didnt complain about lockdown once before. Now it is ridiculous, its like 1 bullet makes you slide across the map and I am awful with minigun but now finding it easy to get multi kills on every run. This was on the 1st pug i played and I believe it was 1 of the first pugs that used gatlgun.

Didn't notice any difference but then again as imp said I'm probably too noob, too laggy or most probably, both :D

Ive been playing UT for 8 years and i still dont know what lockdown is ... i trhink you are making a fuss over nothing..

lmao.. nice to see you completely ignored my suggestion for settings timo :(

aint had a chance to play on pug server much over last 2 days.. will have to play tonight when i finish work