gatlGun - General Comments / Suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Kind of pointless for anybody to try and fix anything for this league when people dont take time to try and understand what's being done.

Loco read my post (the one right above yours) and Timo's (2 above yours) and then youll understand

perhaps to satisfy people that are too lazy to understand whats really going on you should put it in the topic of #utapug like

CURRENT MINIGUN SETTINGS: DEFAULT LAS (with all the numbers of rate of fire damage lockdown reduction/removal etc.)

and stuff like that, so people wouldn't be lost. because if you dont tell anyone its gonna be a very subjective testing and lead to people moaning about any change making it more powerfull or too nerfed.

its just like playing for 5 minutes at slomo 1.4, when you put back slowmo 1.0 it really feels like its slower then "normal" for a while (1-2 minutes), even though its the normal gamespeed setting you've played hours and hours on.

However nothing is being tested at the moment, its running at default settings to give a baseline for comparisson.

As for the actual testing, annoucing which settings are being used surely that would bias any test, a lot of ppl that currently play have little understanding of whats being changed or how the changes effect gameplay they purely go by what others have said. I would propose that if any tests are done its announced that settings have changed but remain anonymous what profile is being used.

Last edited:
perhaps the details shouldn't be revealed

but i still think these days the topic should include : MINIGUN SETTING: LAS DEFAULT
or
MINIGUN SETTING: MODIFIED

what would be funny is that even with a lowered minigun power people still complain its too powerfull :rofl:

and by stating in topic wether its default minigun setting or not people would stop bitching that its worse then normal and stuff

CancerMini?
does this tweeking of the mini give you cancer?
I guess UT is more damgerous than i ever thought.....

I havent played on the Pug server so i can not tell if there is any differnce there but on other pub server running leagueAS i see no differnce from what i have always played is it ping related or is it just differnt on Pug server?

Im very confused as to what all the fuss is about.

MYM is right in not saying what proflie is bieng used tbh that way it is easy to tell if people are really seeing a difference changing the topic in anyway will prejudice results unless the topic is set and placibos are ran as well.

Last edited:
Yes, but they won't admit that dirz - never. It is stronger than it was, some setting has changed, TR 12000? :lol:

There's something fishy going on in holland. :poke: Loco, dirz and deadly

Thanks for all your work admins :bowdown: (not to mention patience :D)

Hmmn... I just 1v1'd Askagorn (and won... again) on pug server and instead of him trying to pingrape me with sniper and me trying to rocketwhore we both just favored mini... it was pretty rediculous and I don't think we'd ever do that before. It was fairly rediculous and I'd definitely recommend trying to use a lower damage per hit setting.

Still so many people saying it's "too powerful", yet no EVIDENCE has emerged. How am I supposed to fix something that no-one can prove is a problem? Quite frankly until I see demos, you're all talking bullshit imo.

Well its not like a conspiracy or something weirdo, i'd like it fixed so badly, i'd never try to slow down your work on this ofcourse. Alot of people say the minigun is alot stronger now than it was, so maybe its true? Anyway, next PUG ill get u some demo's.

edit: html your idea is working. :)

I like to know how to use the mini with the "switchtobestweapon" option in the correct order?

It does not work after the change!!

I cant test the suggestion html was posting in another section atm. (Server is running a pug)

gatl_minigun2 in the

[Engine.PlayerPawn]
WeaponPriority[0]=

Last edited:
Squirrel, hopefully Timo can answer whether this is public or not and the settings are built into the mut.
Personally I dont think its the best idea to give out a configurable mutator to ppl that want to run league valid servers as they will all config it how they like and there will be no standard.

Mym, I understand your point, and if Timo feels the same way, we can simply wait until a profile is officially approved, though I am not sure as to how long that will take from the looks of things.
Personally though, I would like to have a freedom as to what settings we can use when not playing official league matches. Also, my original intention was to help testing this, to get a feel on what it is like and to basically provide more feedback. Anyway, whatever you guys end up doing, appreciate the effort you're putting into this.

Still so many people saying it's "too powerful", yet no EVIDENCE has emerged. How am I supposed to fix something that no-one can prove is a problem? Quite frankly until I see demos, you're all talking bullshit imo.

Well from my own experience, in many occasions I have had full health/armor and/or belt, and still died under 1 second from mini fire. To keep it simple, to me no gun makes sense to do that unless it's 2 consecutive headshots. (rox, goo and flack are all limited by their fire rates, accuracy and loading time) Now, I don't know if this was the case before with normal minigun, because of the random factor, tickrate dependent servers, and various other settings that might have changed i nthe past. All I can say is that what I said is a pretty good indication, and I think it's quite an easy test to make as you test settings. Basically get someone with full health/belt close in front of you, start shooting mini away from him at start to get into full speed, then aim at him and time it.

Added some info to the Bugs/Fixes thread - v0.16 has been compiled but only tested offline, MyM has access to a copy of this, so should be able to trial it at some point to see if it fixes the HUD issues.

I have no problem with releasing the mutator on a per-request basis - it is clearly visible if the mutator is in use on a server, and since the mutator will never be approved for league use itself, instead be distributed in the form of a LeagueAS addon or update once a single profile is approved, then there shouldn't be any issue with people running rogue settings on clan servers.

Last edited:
you dont want ppl to try out a less powerful mini on their own servers ofc. they might like it too much ;)

at least we're finally moving somewhere with this. PRAISE THE GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN!
right now the lockdown seemed a lot worse. (or more or less like the good ol 2001 mini.)
the damage might be the same (prolly is) but the lockdown screws a lot of ppl. add a consistent fire rate/dmg and you got a hell of a weapon once your target moves like a grandma.

tbh I'm fine with either the damage or the lockdown. but one of them has to be lowered in order to make weapons more viable. people that use different ways of playing (moving combos etc) are more 'sensetive' to lockdown. however removing it all together makes sniper/enf the next uber weapon. perhaps try a lower dmg? or maybe uzi's settings he could be right you know? (eventho he is a cunt) My 2 cents.

But more than everything I want to stess how glad I am we're finally looking at alternatives. At first I thought 'wtf? they changed it only to tweak the settings to make it the same or worse'. The idea to make it 'the same' as las is silly though as that would basically recreate the same problem under a new name. Im really curious how ppl will react to a reduced dmg mini. Im hoping you're willing to play around with different settings and dont wave off everyone's opinion.

ps. pulsegun seems the same as mini imo. if was always flippin strong when using the different sections. lockdown makes doing that easier. (-13hp per section or something? I havent tested anything and dunno if that was changed so dont qoute me on the pulse)

pss. the idea mini needs to disable launches is stupid. 1 weapon shouldn't be an all purpose wpn. if the minigunner sees a launch too late and used up his rl/snipe ammo.. well he deserves to watch the launch go off while feeling stupid.

psss. the old minigun was made with 150-200 ping in mind? wtf is up with the noobs spamming. in these serious threads spamming useless comments should get banned. especially attentionwhoring with fontsize 72 bold

edit:
post created with a pug from tuesday 27/2/2007 in mind.

Last edited:
This only really applies to clans with their own server but if they know the other team have a lot of players who are very good with mini whats to stop them from nerfing it, or on the other hand u know ur good with mini then u can raise it. Its not ur server so its hard to complain and how do u put rules in place to combat that? thats why imo configurable is bad for league use.

However as Timo said this is basically a public or test version and not, nor will it ever be league valid that point is mute.