Dodging

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you sure, that dodgin forward is the faster method?
i don't dodge forward at all but i'd really like to see, which of the two methods is the faster one (e.g. have something like a race :naughty: )

Originally posted by Hardcore
are you sure, that dodgin forward is the faster method?
i don't dodge forward at all but i'd really like to see, which of the two methods is the faster one (e.g. have something like a race :naughty: )

fastest is dodging sidewards and making a 90 degree turn, as said before in this thread ;)

forward dodgeing can help your speed someplaces.. but not as often as the constan side dodgeing moves

i usually dodge forwards, because the FOV is better. if you dodge sidewards you have to go a slightly different way to have a "nice view" ( :D ) and that takes a bit longer ... IMO

:crazy:

You don't have to turn your view 90degrees, 50ish like dog said is the optimal for speed. and in my oppinion you dont loose any view (fov) since you will twist back looking forward right away..

erm found this just on the infogrames forum looks like a dodge bind !!!!! not tried it yet but gonna ;)

[Engine.Input]
Aliases[31]=(Command="set input JoyX|onrelease set input JoyX Axis astrafe speed=20",Alias=DodgeSideways)
LeftMouse=DodgeSideways

edited cos i forgot to paste in bind

side dodging and front dodging are kinda the same in speed when used frequently, but its easier to go around corners with side dodge then with front dodge. Front dodge looks cooler but isnt "better".
The best method of dodging in my opinion is a mix of those 2 so ur not walking/dodging, predictable.

IF u only side dodge when having eg. a minigun fight with someone on a map. You will always be the same distance away from your opponent so its easy for him to aim.

If u dodge forwards then u r changing the angle completely, combine forward dodge and a side dodge and the opponent is left blithering like f4g fool he is.

I used to side dodge all the time and since ive changed it my frag count has went up form -7 to 1. ;)

Eat That!!!!:cool:

IMO ur harder to hit when u front dodge but a mixture of both is best. In fights mini vs mini front dodge is worse than side imo coz u lose ur aim.

:lol: :rofl: des :lol:

well nice that you have the time to think about 1337 m1n1gun aiming and 1337 d0d1ng in 1337 m1n1gun-vs-m1n1gun f1gh7s in 1337 m47ch3s :P

just play the game :o
(and use :flack: ;) )

:P

Status
Not open for further replies.