Distributed Computing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Fin

'Zee German
Jun 7, 2001
Glasburghshire!
Thanks to Martz for pointing it out to me, without actually doing so :P

What if we set up a team for one of the many distributed computing projects out there in the net.
One like
  • Seti@home
  • RC5 code breaking (distributed.net)
  • Think (cancer research @ united devices)
or similar

At the moment I have a RC5 client running, but plan to switch to the cancer research program.

What do you think ?

Sounds good, if its not gonna mess up my computer or slow down my PC (works in the screensaver? or...) then u can count me in :)

Cancer one sounds like the best cause

Yeah, the UD one is good, just leave it going. The only problem I sometimes have is when it downloads chucks of data on my poor little 56k modem :(

UD is a good cause as well, plus the program is well funky, for about a week at the most anyway :)

WHere my bro works they gott 5 Dual Xeons comps all running Seti @ Home and they got a certificate for the stuff they decoded class would be nice

I already have more than 21 dayz of CPU time on the cancer project.. so I'm in on that if we form a group:D

Originally posted by Swyzz
I already have more than 21 dayz of CPU time on the cancer project.. so I'm in on that if we form a group:D

I got quite a few hours, but you can't transfer them into a group (new or not) :( Its results returned in the time you are in the that group... but oh well :) Someone set it up and get us going :]

Yeah someone start it up...

And someone tell me how it works... i.e idle processor time or just screensaver processor time? or?

FIN, perhaps u should ask phear or 1 of the news posters to announce this, otherwise ull be alone on the team, maybe ill join, but im scared it will hamper my quest of collecting trance music :(

Crusader