Distributed Computing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I'm in the team and you can bet ya arse I'll churn out more points than you buncha lamers :P

For some reason my name shows up on the team list as blank tho :mad:

Nice, 10 people :)

Some screenies to maybe tempt others

Attachments

• think2.jpg
    think2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 167
and also the poor but dogbeating 45 my comptuer gets :)

Attachments

• think.jpg
    think.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 157
WTF! I just delivered my 41. result and it wasn't counted in the team, but only on my own account.
Guess you have to be signed up at the point where you download the new data..
That sux :confused:

oh well.. I'll be back :D

Bloody joke of the thing rates my PC as 75, when evertyhing is higher than the comparison, just cos it says I have a 1Gb HDD when I have 1 15Gb and 1 20Gb. bah!

Yeah, I dunno how they measure that. :flack:
Says 1Gig here, too.

A 53 overall. ;)
Just because I have no network card installed :D

I think the stats update at around 01:30 GMT if I have worked the UTC time standard out that they use... :confused:
UTC (Universal Time Coordinated)

UTC, Universal Time Coordinated, is the world-wide scientific standard of timekeeping. It is based upon carefully maintained atomic clocks and is kept accurate to within microseconds worldwide. The addition or subtraction of leap seconds, as necessary, at two opportunities every year adjusts UTC for irregularities in Earth's rotation. Being the most precise worldwide time system, it is used by astronomers, navigators, the Deep Space Network (DSN), and other scientific disciplines. Its reference point is Greenwich, England: when it is midnight there on Earth's prime meridian, it is midnight (00:00:00.000000) -- UTC.

Local time is UTC adjusted for location around the Earth in time zones. Its reference point is one's immediate locality: when it is 12:00:00 noon Pacific Time in California, USA, it is 20:00:00 UTC, and 14:00:00 (2:00 PM) Central Time in Austin, Texas, USA. Many locations adjust for standard time or daylight-savings time.

For example, a comparison/conversion of your current local time (as reported by your system) to UTC:
• Local: Sat Jun 9 21:25:19 UTC+0100 2001
• UTC: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 20:25:19 UTC
• Your local system time is 1 hours ahead of UTC.

Ok what is it with this thing? Some units take longer than others (the first 1 I did took like 5 hours, the second only 2). And if ya PC crashes or ya reset it, it starts again? :mad:

Ok Well I signed up to this along time ago... As I study partly in this feild at uni I heard about it before it was even set up through my lecturer. But I have had many many problems with the program crashing and loosing all data :/ but I think that I have got it going again now :p

The tasks it recieves are different proteins and molecules... alothough as we know very little about cancer the number of Proteins changes rarely, and also they need to test a HECK of a lot of molecules against the each protien so you will test the same molecule over and over and over....

But some tasts are shorter than others as it depends on what set of molecules you are distributed. Some are smaller with less "conformers" therefore your PC can process the task more quickly.

About the storage you set it online in your profile settings... Mine is set to 5Gb :D

Tim

Martz your protein target looks much more exciting than mine :(

And the blank name thing, I got that too but after 5mins my name was there and I eidted my post :P

ohboy.jpg

Heh Heh :p I challenge someone to beat that "Legit" Score !

Tim

CS that was the first Protein that was tested when this was first set up :p, and BTW if you ask me this protein is many many many times more interesting than that first simple protein.

My PC didn't like it though and used to crash halfway through ever task :(

Last edited: