Digifrag public iAS server settings and map list!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
Listed below are details of the setup for the Digifrag Public iAS server. Please use this thread constructively to present suggestion and preferences on how this could be optimised. Any idea that gains majority preference will be set up - if it is close I may use a poll to determine if it should be isntigated or not!

Map list at present is:
Mazon
Overlord
Ballistic
Bridge
DesertStorm
GolgothaAL
RiverbedAL
Riverbed]|[AL
Siege][

Maps not included but installed on server:
Athenosphere
AutoRIP
Guardia
Guardia AL
HiSpeed
Lavafort][
Oceanfloor
OceanfloorAL
Submarinebase][

Anti Cheat and leagueAS:
LeagueAS is most recent version (can't rem # atm!)
CSHP is disabled due to the possibility of it causing lag delay on the iAS shot spawn time.
UTPure version 5.9 is installed. 6 is available, however afaik this has to be installed client-side and cannot be downloaded from the server, therefore isn't suitable for public use.

Game settings
Max connections on the server is 12, therefore I have set it up for 5v5 players and 2 spec. 6v6 is far to spammy for iAS imho.
Force Balance Teams and Force Respawn are both on.
Friendly fire 0 (of course ;) )
Game speed and Air Control are default.
Minimum players is set to 2, so there will be 1 bot which is set to Godlike if there is only 1 person on the server. I have this on so if anyone is the first person to join the server, they at least have something to shoot at whilst waiting for other players to join! Godlike bots are easy to pwn in iAS :D
NG Stats are turned off, waste of time imo. If the majority wants these on I can put them back tho.

Hmm think thats all for now. If there are any other settings you wish to know please just ask here, otherwise fire away with suggestions :D

Hmm I did consider that, I thought Overlord was borderline. If you have 2 good teams of 5v5 then yeah it's awful, but sometimes if there's only say, 4 of you playing you can have some FC games.

What's the public opinion? If majority want it off then I'll remove it? :D

5v5 players and 2 spec

best idea u had in 2 years :fingers:. Spec places are fantastic. Better watchin UT than telly when u eat ur lunch :lol:

Keep overlord, guardia is also an awsome insta map

:fingers: Well that’s not to bad considering I've been in this community for 3.5 years :p:

Not sure about Guardia tho :crap: I agree it's fantastic but only really on 2v2 or 3v3 - 5v5 tends to be far to hectic and spammy… But as always, if the majority want it, it's in :D

Oh and cough up ya highland gimp - ur sister has - Another £100 and I can booked up for 6 months instead of 3 ;) :p:

Olord, astheno, Siege! keep them all! pls:D

and yes im serious!

Edit: u also have to keep bridge

Last edited:
:p:

Yeah she should have, if not drop me a line on ICQ anytime after 6pm tonight :D

Likewise, if anyone else would rather do a direct bank transfer instead of using paypal just give me a shout on ICQ.

FYI contribtution so far - as long as a couple of promises I've had come through - should amount to about £220. Less the £50 I've already paid for the first month leaves us £170. I will add some to this myself of course :D

To book for 3 months is £141, so I can do that nps - but ideally I would like to book for 6 which is £270, so need another £100.

I'm sure if those who intent to play regularly but haven't contributed yet club together we can acheive that nps :D Even if it's just £5-10, every little helps us get there :D

C'mon peeps, you know you want to :deal: :)

lol X-bomb, Overlord will prolly stay, seige definately will! Not sure about athenospam tho, don't think many peeps will want that one :\

But you can contribute £5 per map so 2/3 means £10 :D ;)

Edit: Don't worry Bridge is staying, I love that map :D

Last edited:
I love the map, but there are two bits about it which make it virtually unplayable :\ On normal weapons it’s the spam point at the end, I hate that you have so far to run and inevitably reach that door and either get six rockets in the face, or a large shock explosion.

On insta its just that whole end bit - with the spawn points as they are it's just to easy to defend with a good team. Ends up being defended both ways far to often in both game types... Has loadsa potential, just needs to be slightly more open in places I think.

:D:D:D

and remove overlord from the list plz
20 mins of wasted time
but add

astheno
auto
hispeed
lava
subbase

Last edited:
I don't like balace teams. I always get team change between maps when balance teams is on.