Digifrag public iAS server settings and map list!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I agree that can be frustrating X, but if you don't have it on the teams tend to get uneven on a very regular basis :\ Also it can be good that people get swapped about, as if one team is much better than the other things get very boring - balance teams means it doesn't stay like that for long :D What does everyone else think to that?

ok maps to add imo

guardia, guardia-al (the extra route makes it good fun in insta) vampire, submarinebase2 and geko al2

one that shouldnt be on insta servers and reasons why

Lavafort2, any fool can defend this map all you have to is use teleport via fuses all the time

Overlord, way to easy to defend on publics only 1 game in 10 are you gonna see it done

Seige, all any team needs to do to hold this map (as i have done many many times) is to get all 4 players defending above where the teleport brings you out making the launchs useless.

Bridge, once again all a team has to do is hold the base entrance with all of its players to make it imposs to complete, also water spawn is useless in insta as your a sitting duck swimming reducing the routes into the base down to one.

This is of course only my views other do differ but at least i explain why. Any map which forces you to go via one route is asking for trouble in insta

how does 1 contibute a whole £5 then?

omg those maps are the best!!!!

Last edited:
for this server a tickrate of 30-35 might be ok as it does'nt effect insta as much as normal weapons , but then again 20 is fine for me

go to this thread:

http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32826

and click the big green donate text in my first post! You will need to sign up for a Paypal account there. If you do not have a credit card but are in the UK I can accept bank to bank transfers which are dead easy if you have internet / telephone banking! If you are not in UK and don't have a CC then you'll have to find someone who does and get them to ue paypal, and you give them the cash :D

Cheers mate :D

Will reply about maps shortly Aj, just trying to stop me cat eating me hamster atm :poke:

I say add all the maps :D

with the exception perhaps of Guardia AL and Oceanfloor AL.

I've pld all the other maps in the league so would like to have them on server.

I'd like to see overlord removed but it should stay as it gets pld in the league (and its also a good 20mins of DM skill test in insta)

Thing's i could change tickrate 20 is perfectly fine for anyone if the server is in your country but with a 30-35 tickrate u mayb find it help's lower f6 ping's of foreign player's. with little effect to gameplay alot of ictf servers have 50+ tickrate.

Map list i would have would be -

AS-Autorip
AS-Ballistic
AS-Desertstorm
AS-GolgothaAL
AS-Lavafort][
AS-RiverbedAL
AS-Riverbed]l[AL
AS-Siege][
AS-Submarinebase][
AS-Mazon
AS-Rook
AS-RocketCommand
AS-saqqaraAL ( never crashed in a insta game worth a try as the map is great. )
AS-Dam
AS-ColderSteel
AS-Coldsteel2
AS-Midnight

This includes decent std maps the good insta customs and some extra customs because even customs like ballistic are dull some new maps to explore play and enjoy would be cool.

think about it dave im not gunna stop bugging ur untill u at least give the maplist a try :P

anyone know's any map bug's / reasons not play them in insta say not played the coldersteel maps much but they play great.

Give it some thought please dave otherwise u got me everyday bugging ya :P

Have a worD!

Map list at present is:
Mazon
Overlord
Ballistic
Bridge
DesertStorm
GolgothaAL
RiverbedAL
Riverbed]|[AL
Siege][

Are you having a laugh!, spirit you obviously like maps that last stupid amounts of time for defence at insta :

Mazon :nono:
Overlord :nono:
Ballistic ;)
Bridge :nono:
Desertstorm ;)
GolgothaAL ;)
RiverbedAL ;)
Riverbed]|[ ;)
Siege][ :nono:

Maps for list :

AutoRIP
Asthenosphere
Ballistic
Subbase][
GolgothaAL
RiverbedAL
Riverbed]|[AL
Rook
Desertstorm

Not :

Lava
Either Guardia
Either OceanFloor
Any Std with exception to Rook!

Last edited by a moderator:
007, I dont chose maps that specifically last a long time - the only one which imho could be unreasonable out of them is overlord. The rest are easily completable even against a good team.

Every map is defendable if the teams are uneven, but Siege and mazon can be completed easy enough with a bit of launching and teamwork, Bridge is FC 99% of the time, unless the teams are uneven and defence has better players. Overlord can be a bit poo tho :)

Ok, there's lots of different opinions here, so Im gonna start a poll. Please take any discussions for maps to the poll, and leave this thread for settings other than maps :D

indeed 50 is bit too high seen a few ictf on it tho 35 f6 ping hehe

30-35 should be fine tho if 20 is that bad for some people.

make that 25-30 just been there now 25 tickrate had 57 f6 ping stable lol thats lowest assualt ping ive ever had see how it holds up with 10-12 players on it

lol @ 120 speed :D If you want fun variations, iAS low grav is an absolute classic ;)

If people want to play some form of variation of iAS on the server for an evening I have no problem setting it up :) Just drop me a line on ICQ - there are only two requirements:

#1 You have enough people wanting to play to require taking over the server for a few hours, and

#2 Whatever variation you want to play must involve instagib and assault ;)

Originally posted by Paa`
AS-saqqaraAL ( never crashed in a insta game worth a try as the map is great. )

:lol:i picked saqqaraAL twice for insta league matches and both times it crashed the server and reset it to normal weapons
so saqq is a big:nono:
but its still one of my fav maps

Originally posted by Paa`
make that 25-30 just been there now 25 tickrate had 57 f6 ping stable lol thats lowest assualt ping ive ever had see how it holds up with 10-12 players on it

;) digi pwns, i get 15-20 f1 all the time with 1 or 10 players :D

/me humps deviant.digifrag.co.uk