Debate a pacifist today!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, Im really hangin my neck out on this one, but...

I have had rapidly failing vision for a couple of years now. Sometimes its even literally painful to see. I do in fact see better when Im high. Especially on the computer. Now, before you go ape shit and balls to the walls on me I do have a theory why this happens for me. I think that my normal day to day vision is more blurred by the all encompassing view that includes my perifial vision. When high, my vision is more concentrated on one area, right on front of me. So I dont think thc improves my vision, but being high just focuses my vision on a concentrated area.

Either that or it makes me squint harder. :rofl:

:bandit:

i'm well past my service years EQ. and there was no call to service, so to speek, while i was. as far as potheads not serving............give me a break! although not as much today as during my youth. the military has ALWAYS had plenty of partiers.:smoke: you could use a puff or two EQ. it might loosin you up some. :D

I guess I just got to the point of I don't care anymore. You believe what you guys want to and if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to think the way you do then fine. I just don't feel like arguing this anymore.

Whos arguing, i was just telling it like it is:DBeer is right though u need a spliff man, if not for anything els than to give some insight into what its like.It wont kill or ruin your life u know..:)

Best combo for me is the adsm:cow: :shock: :P

Balls to the wallls man.......balls to the walls:mosher:
Which 80`s metal band had a song by that name?:D

Everyone will die some day...........
just enjoy life day by day...........

If the world comes to an end, so be it.........

noone said anything about not enjoying life...I think everyone should. As for dying...we were doing that since the day we were born. no big deal...

I been smoking for 5-6 years now and i have tried dif kinda hand eye challanges like Pinball, table tennis and computer games

LOL, I meant REAL proof. Your opinion means nothing. I meant a study, not some stonehead saying he does things better. I can point to hundreds of drunks that swear they drive better drunk, doesn't mean it's true. While marijuana DOES have some legitimate medical benefits, I seriously doubt increasing hand eye coordination is one of them.

....and only smoking 5-6 years? That all, and you're the expert? Shit, I was smoking longer than you before I got out of my teens, and I still don't believe you. I think it's sad that you're portraying yourself as some kind of Timothy Leary type, out to teach people about recreational drug use.

I'll tell you the truth about it: It hurts people.

I skipped school almost every day to get high with my buddies because it was fun. I now have friends that have accomplished nothing career or family wise, but hey, they can still get high.

Three people in my high school class were murdered due to drugs of some sort. One of them killed their own cousin, because they thought they were holding back on them. Don't believe me, ask Priest, he knows about them. He grew up where I did, and will tell you all about the BENEFITS of recreational drug use. He also knows more than you'll ever on the issue of drugs. I guarantee it.

Sorry to go off Gen, but you're WAY to smug on this issue. I know I have done more recreational drugs than you ever will or even imagine of doing. I have done and tried just about everything, so all your arguments mean nothing to me, as I have 15-16 years worth of experience on my side, and a counter to every pro argument, as I've made them all when I was younger.

Gen, ask yourself this: Do you smoke every day? If so, then it's not recreational, it's habitual drug use. Can you stop smoking pot? Not because you have too, but just to prove you can do it. I know lots of peope that say they can, but don't, and they're excuse is they like it. I know lots of people who smoke tobacco with the same excuse, and friends who drink, same thing. I challenege you to stop for 1 month. Only 1 month out of your life is not much. Try it.

I do not think pot by itself is worse than any other currently legal drug, such as tobacco and alcohol, but that does not make it any better either.

Last edited:
Didnt i tell u i didnt have any proof u would belive other than my personal experience?

I also think your personal experiences show what can happen when u have little or no prior info.I knew about all the dangers and pitfalls when i got into it, if u look at my grade cards from the period where i started u can see a significant jump in the grade curv, this is all due to the fact that i had heard the horror stories about drop outs etc so i said to myself that if this is what im gonna do im sure as hell not going to let it effect my studies.

Im not going to turn this into a pro\con discusion, ive allready been there and like so many other threads it doesnt go any where.Im not trying to be Leary(who was a snitch for the cia btw), i was just being helpfull.Sure ive had a few creepy moments, but i knew what was going on and it was all related to the stigma drugs have in our society.

Drug use demands responsability or rather info, not condemnation and "lets pretend its not there"

I know I have done more recreational drugs than you ever will or even imagine of doing. I have done and tried just about everything, so all your arguments mean nothing to me, as I have 15-16 years worth of experience on my side, and a counter to every pro argument, as I've made them all when I was younger.
Well since im younger than u...i know it might sound stupid but i doubt u have done more also i started in a dif generation than u did, im not sure if ur aware of this, but theres a big difrence.I started with the house culture,prior to that it was mainly speed and herion ppl, the classic junkie(not forgetting LSD hippy culture, which wasnt very big over here)

I like to think i have a analytical mind, after all its a big part of my job(i develop targeting systems for the armed forces, im going to hell i know:P)And my personal experience fits well with what other ppl say.But i dont need to prove a point.

Three people in my high school class were murdered due to drugs of some sort. One of them killed their own cousin, because they thought they were holding back on them.

Im sorry to hear that.Again use and abuse, its not just relateed to drugs.Theres lots of other stuff which follow the same lines.Like u said.

I do take regualr breaks, infact im on 1 now.Im also trying to kick tobaco, but thats a bitch, but i got it down to 1-2 a day( i dont smoke at work at all, nice tip!!)

About the hand eye thing.Its not the drug its self which does it, its how my mind reacts as a result of it.Ive just had to many experiences to ignore it.Many a hard clan match has been won by the stoned arts:PCheating? mebby:D

The sad fact is theres to little serious study into it and way to little info.It doesnt help either that the state goes around saying if u smoke ganja all your teeth will fall out.

Soz if the post is a little messy,its way to early and ive not smoked ganja for a week or two:P

Originally posted by Gen76

Well since im younger than u...i know it might sound stupid but i doubt u have done more also i started in a dif generation than u did, im not sure if ur aware of this, but theres a big difrence.

lol, syN is only about 4-5 years older than you, I don't think that qualifies as a new generation. :P

well its not realy that important.Two bitch ass long posts and that was alll u got out of it?:P

LMAO

It's not worth reading.

arguing.jpg

Thats bad in so many ways, but since i know where ur coming from (not location!!!!) ill laff with u :)

ah geez...you guys arent gonna go "there" again are you?

Lets just sum this up and move on shall we?

The illegal activity that goes with marijuana is in fact very real and dangerous. If alcohol was illegal, the problem would be exactly the same. That is the reason I dont understand why it isnt legal. Take the taboo away from something and it suddenly becomes no big deal.

It does most likely have medicinal properties. If nothing else, it definately modifys pain and suffering of terminal diseases and promotes appetite. When my friend who has AIDS ask me if I can get him some smoke, your god damn better believe Im going to.

Alcohol is legal but non the less harmful if not more. Ive seen heavy "potheads" quit smoking soooo much easier than heavy drinkers. Yes, Ive also seen old potheads like alcoholics that should quit and cant even tho they say they could if they wanted to but I dont think thats because of the drug, its because of who they are. Some people are just dependants period. Marijuana is their drug of choice.

Gen smokes it because he likes it and if it keeps him happy hurray. I can understand why he feels he has better performance on certain activities while high. Not everybody is the same. What effects him, may not effect you.

Experimentation is just that. Some people go too far, some are content with the occasional buzz. One thing for sure, smoking pot isnt going to promote violent behavior in the individual who is under the influence like alcohol does. It does have harmful activity associated with it because it is illegal but thats the only reason. They sell pharmacutical drugs much more harmful than marijuana.

Would I advocate smoking to my teenage sons? No. But once they are of adult age, then that is their decision. I dont believe children should do drugs or alcohol. If as adults they seem to be living their life to be high, then yes I would try to influence them otherwise and seek help for them. But I would get to the root of their problem which would be why they cant deal with being sober.

I dont see an end to this debate. Its one of those repeated controversies like abortion and religion. Each side has valid points and there is no true answers because their are no hard facts. Soooo...lets move on, shall we? Before more hard feelings and mistaken opinions are made of one another :)

Status
Not open for further replies.