Deadly, Doctaluv, cheating and security on UTA League

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by zombie

What stops some one useing him name on a pub server?

if someone uses his name on a pub server, and another member of that server, then takes pics/demos of this "fake" guy, what will then happen? how can he prove it was not him?

I always thought those who are in charge of the server can see the log of what ip's are being used during gameplay?
At this point I guess they know all the ip's that being used and so they will know if it's the real Deadly or someone fake nicking.

:thumb:

As said before server admins can often get ip's .. it's logged.. A pure demo/screenshot wont do . i'd suggest if u see some1 contact a serveradmin.

ow 1 point.. dont go whining about every1 lil bit suspicious bot on any servers.. like psy said they dont got time 24/7 lol.. they got a life :)

how bout a rule that forces ppl to demorec in a leaguematch on request? like on cb if some1 requests a demorec they have to give it afaik (or was that just cup wars? )
ofcourse this will cause a lil bit of flaming and ofcourse also showing some launches etc :/

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Bahamut
One thing tho...

How so? Ive caught league players cheating on public servers before (a NIL player, but i wont name name shere), but when i brought it up i got told (bla bla how do you know its them? bla bla bullshit) etc.

So, will league admins really take any public demo of league members cheating?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, i would just like to say, I have been playing with NIL players for well over a year, and never seen anyone `cheat`. What I did notice the other day, was when joining a server, someone was using my name and tag !! Having been on for a few mins, I noticed everyone was calling him an aimbot (and after a def score of 105 in overlord, It looks like they were quite right...). After a while he switched to another NIL name, and then went through some other names, including several league ones...

So, before you go accusing anyone outside of a game of cheating, please remember that person may not have been who u thought they were...

I am keen to get rid of the cheaters, and that is why NIL have now rented their own server so we can now have a clean game and kick the aimbotters....

Just wanted to have my say.....

Cyclone_NIL

It seems like the admins are finally taking the concerns of the community seriously, but also fairly.

The fact that this thread seems to be showing total support for the admins is, imo, a great thing.

Let's hope this is the start of a more positive experience for the league: the doomsayers have said for months that we can't do anything about cheaters, or mercs... well, looks like somehting is now being done about cheating.. it's a great start :D

Originally posted by Bahamut
How so? Ive caught league players cheating on public servers before (a NIL player, but i wont name name shere), but when i brought it up i got told (bla bla how do you know its them? bla bla bullshit) etc.

So, will league admins really take any public demo of league members cheating?

This decision was not reached lightly, those commenting that we have no right to punish people cheating outwith the league carries a LOT of weight. We took the decision to start to punish it as we are a shrinking community, we need to feel anyone that is part of it is trustworthy (to a certain extent). Without that (limited) trust the community will fall apart rapidly.

Originally posted by zombie
What stops some one useing him name on a pub server?

if someone uses his name on a pub server, and another member of that server, then takes pics/demos of this "fake" guy, what will then happen? how can he prove it was not him?

As in the past, we will not be responding to each and every "He's cheating" whine that starts, people are too fast to accuse just because they get beaten. If you have what we consider reasonable proof we will investigate further.

Originally posted by Fusion
Does that mean that the match from yesterday is unjustified? ;)

j/k, its good that we got back on our feet and thank MoD for that. Well doen Admins, keep it kicking! :thumb:
Just to make sure there is no confusion there Fusion, we have no proof of Deadly cheating during wars, we specced him during a few wars over the past few days, we are happy he did not cheat. So the results of those wars stand. His clans will not be punished.

about that botting on public servers:
IMO I'd appreciate it if you are very sure of the identity of the player in question before going to us; There are cheats that make the user change his name every second to anything random, may it be preset or a name on the server etc;
We are well aware that we might have gotten ourselves a wagonload of work with this step, but I'd also like you guys to be really serious about any accusations you'd make, just not every single shot that seemed a bit strange to you.

Thats fair imo ;)

and at DOCTRLUV who has pissed me off on a number of occassions ...

TAKE IT FS ! !!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

But there's still very little you can actually do.

Say I change my IP address and go and fakenic on orange and bot? You can't do a thing.

You're again assuming that I will bot as blatantly as possible, and that other players will notice.

Yea, you can prove that someone was botting, but you can't prove it's me. (or anyone else, for that matter)

.....So, in the unlikely event of anyone getting their player account suspended, this means absolutely nothing.
You don't need a player account to play on a leaguue server, you just need a password!
Suspending a player account wont stop anything!

........Now, say you ban someone permanently from the league.....
They simply get a new ICQ number, email addy, and forum account, and a different name. Done.
And you won't even know it's them.

Yes, you can punish and ban players, but it's difficult to punish them effectively.

Humphro i would quit argueing while you still have a place in this community before you push to far and regret it after so be thankful to the admins :p: adn HUSH !!!!!!!

Originally posted by 007
Humphro i would quit argueing while you still have a place in this community before you push to far and regret it after so be thankful to the admins :p: adn HUSH !!!!!!!

Not arguing, just stating a fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.