Change to the TIW in LeagueAS?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

The UTPure-TIW did change the powerlevel and made the minigun weaker (so they fixed the tickrate-bug AND changed the weapon-balance), but LeagueAS did not, cause the assault community did not want that.

hai im the community and I want a change, k?
letz make a poll.

im with petez

I demand please CB12 and nolockdown

oh and I for one have played pugs with both.... and yes CB12 minigun is STILL a usefull weapon, its just not a gay lockdown ray of death anymore

Html, why dont you want lockdown? You would kill absolutely nothing if it wasnt for lockdown so it makes it less of an advantage for high pingers imo who only manage to kill when they lockdown their opponent.

I repeat from past times, Lockdown isnt such a bad thing and adds a bit of spice into assault and stops it being simply deathmatch killing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ironically, since when would you be able to run freely when being shot anyway (yes I know its called UNREAL) :P

If you had bothered to read the thread, then you'd konw that I know perfectly well what TIW is. In fact, I explained it thoroughly to everyone. And yes, depending on the implementation of the TIW minigun, the power does change. The code for CB12 Increases the fire rate of the minigun and DIRECTLY DECREASES THE DAMAGE PER BULLET Let me explain to you why this is so.

When you read the source code for the minigun file, there is a sleep function after it fires. it sleeps longer for primary fire (hence a slower rate of fire) and sleeps less time for secondary. When tickrate is changed from 20, this can lead to irregular function calls despite the sleep method in the code. Thus, you fire way more often than you should be. TIW can be though of as an ADT (Abstract Data Type). There are several different ways of implementing a stack, queue, list, etc in programming. Well, depending on how you interpret how the minigun was supposed to act in the first place, you may come up with different implementations of TIW. I have seen the code in the minigun class file and for the minigun in CB12 and the changes in cb12 do a good fucking job of preserving how the minigun was originally intended to act. It's not a nerf, it's just making it function how it was intended to.

When I start a game with league assault and "LAS TIW" I can still kill people about 95% as fast as I can with the minigun without any mods and running a bugged tickrate. This is why I doubt the existence of an actually useful TIW implementation in LAS and say it's only a feel good measure.

Timo- providing the implementation code for your non-existent TIW minigun is A) not that hard to do, B) will not have any harmful consequences, and C) will forever ease the minds of any who have doubt. I have no desire to see the code of anti-cheat programs, and I've already conceded that it would be retarded to release that code. I'm asking those of you who actually have a brain to help me here, why should we be using some concocted version of TIW which practically does nothing when there was already a version of TIW that has been used virtually everywhere else for many many years?

CB12 ftw. Why do you think it's used so widely? The only reason you "put TIW" into LAS was to make those who were demanding it feel good. It's a very accurate representation of how the minigun is supposed to work. Otherwise, it wouldn't be used near as widely as it is. So, until you show us how your implementation of minigun is somehow superior, I don't see why we should be using it. Oh wait here's why:

80% Of the assault community are minigun only noobs. They have played assault with an overpowered and bugged minigun for 7 years and now it's the only thing they can use. Another 15% are sniper only noobs and the remaining 5% actually have a decent command on how to use a wide variety of weapons. So, we have to cater to the noobs because if their gun was taken away they wouldn't play anymore.

In concluson: CB12 is far superior to your non-existent TIW implementation, or if it actually does exist, your POS TIW implementation. Lockdown is another discussion. CB12 ftw.

Html, why dont you want lockdown? You would kill absolutely nothing if it wasnt for lockdown so it makes it less of an advantage for high pingers imo who only manage to kill when they lockdown their opponent.

I repeat from past times, Lockdown isnt such a bad thing and adds a bit of spice into assault and stops it being simply deathmatch killing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ironically, since when would you be able to run freely when being shot anyway (yes I know its called UNREAL) :P

look, lockdown with minigun to me is a bug.... you are meant to be able to hammer over stuff in assault, and it creates a tactical defence system, as in, not everybody can push forward cuz ppl might jump over ; makes assault less linear then it could be thus alot more fun

UT in itself is a game where you're supposed to move, just look how gay games like CS are, you're stuck to the ground, in UT its OBVIOUSLY not the case..... lockdown with mini just prevents people from moving like they should in UT and that makes the weapon gay. As i've said, the CB12 minigun without lockdown still does damage and its still a usefull gun, its just not an all purpose rigged killing machine anymore.

There aren't much things that I hate more in assault then people that defend very untactically and use minigun where other guns would be far more appropriate and still manage to kill me... You play dumb, you should pay the consequences.

Examples: Me 1v1 XR on lava.... he defends almost from the lavacave entrance, i grab rippers and hide behind the box ready to hammer cuz hes not even rushing forward to nail me down (which is dumb) at least he should switch to shockrifle cuz with some skill its possible to combo someone in the air. But no... he just stands back with mini, I run and hammer and boom im stuck to the ground. How gay is that?
Another example, Raichu defending samsite switch with minigun...... minigun compared to rox or flak isn't meant to deliver loads of damage on a small enclosed area.... yet Raichu or in that case Gaichu chooses minigun.... what happends then, I secondary hammer on the box to get up with around 83 hp, nobody defending high sees me, I flip once toward switch, Gaichu sees me starts firing, im about to flip for the second time and that would land me directly on the button but NOOOO I can't because mr gaichu locks me down and I die before getting near the button. If he had killed me with a rox shot or a flak shot at my feet as i was dodging toward the button, I wouldn't moan cuz thats the right thing to do, but using minigun in all situations and preventing skillfull movement toward objectives piss me off...

P.S. Its html, no capitals, no vowels

Last edited:
Just curious- do you have a brain?

I have read the entire thread. I am already doubting your claim to implement TIW at all. What makes you think I'm going to believe or on top of that be able to analyze something from a second rate source? He didn't even state properly how the original minigun acts. Why would I value his claims?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just post the code. :o :o :o Swallow your pride, you aren't that cool.

"80% Of the assault community are minigun only noobs"

then why the community would change the minigun ? :P

Oh aren't you ever so clever. If you'd read my post a little better you could see that I already know that's why no one is going to change the minigun. That's why they never changed it to begin with. Which is why I'm asking to see proof that they have. A long time ago when the half decent people realized that minigun is noob they requested TIW. So, the LAS team "added" TIW to LAS so that those who wanted TIW would feel better knowing TIW was running. In reality, it does next to nothing, which is probably why this issue is being addressed again. That is also why they "created" their own TIW instead of just using CB12, which is used in every other mod of UT has has been for years. CB12 actually makes a difference that is noticeable.

Lenneth, I understand you, but dont even try it. you have no chance against the so mighty admins ;(( aka mininoobs themselves. In former times when psy or anti were admins u would have been banned already.

Just curious- do you have a brain?

I have read the entire thread. I am already doubting your claim to implement TIW at all. What makes you think I'm going to believe or on top of that be able to analyze something from a second rate source? He didn't even state properly how the original minigun acts. Why would I value his claims?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just post the code. :o :o :o Swallow your pride, you aren't that cool.

Well insulting me and other members of this community isn't going to get you any further. As per my last but one post, you're not getting anything. I suggest you gracefully leave this thread now, and carefully think about what you post in future.