Change to the TIW in LeagueAS?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

pfffff sniper bots are kindergarten mumpitz

u all use screenshot bots these days :shout:

always if u near a objective it activates automatic...gg html style :mad:

:p:

pfffff sniper bots are kindergarten mumpitz

u all use screenshot bots these days :shout:

always if u near a objective it activates automatic...gg html style :mad:

:p:

I don't need to lag for rippers do I? :o ;)

Plus nobody answered my question yet.

What is the real difference in minigun usage anyway?
Referring to the league servers before and after TIW implementation. What changed? (I don't care if theres 300 TIW versions or 500 servers that use it differently i just care about assault :p:)

What is the real difference in minigun usage anyway?
Referring to the league servers before and after TIW implementation.

TIW = Tickrate Independent Weapons

It means that the tickrate depends on the minigun. So if you shoot very fast with your minigun, you can raise the servertickrate and warp through the level at very high speed. We added that into LeagueAssault so that it's easier to lag to objectives.... :rolleyes:

TIW = Tickrate Independent Weapons

It means that the tickrate depends on the minigun. So if you shoot very fast with your minigun, you can raise the servertickrate and warp through the level at very high speed. We added that into LeagueAssault so that it's easier to lag to objectives.... :rolleyes:

How about you stop being a sarcastic asshole and post something productive. I've already asked for the LeagueAssault code that modifies the minigun, this will provide me with what I need to analyze the differences in "CB12 minigun" and "Vanilla minigun" and "LAS minigun"

Again I ask the question: Why is the entirety of League Assault protected? What is there to hide?

Lo len :wave:

I expect

its so no one can see the code and write cheats, bots, hacks etc

after all give someone a code and they will decompile it

btw this is my opinion on why its hidden

Hello deadboy <33

I understand that it is not really smart to release anticheat code to the community. However, as I've always wondered, why is there anticheat code in league assault? These things are irrelevant to this thread however.

Why we've not seen any kind of validation that there is actually a TIW implementation in LAS is well beyond me. If there is actually one, why haven't we seen something yet? How about some code. :o :o :o And no, posting the implementation code for the nonexistent "LAS TIW" will have no third party program consequences whatsoever...so this is no excuse.

People dont need to see the code to see if theres TIW or not, 60 seconds on a server you have admin to would show you quite easily if it has tiw, this would also allow people that are curious to check it that dont know how to read the code. Obviously doesnt show any ins and outs of its implementation just the basic that its there which you seem to doubt for some reason.

And this kind of response continues to strengthen my concerns. It looks like you're trying to use the excuse that not everyone can read code so "I won't post it." On top of that, you offer no viable support to your claim. Instead, you just make another unjustified and underdeveloped claim that "If I was an admin to a server I could easily see the changes." The power of the minigun is still at least 95% as strong as the abused and bugged form. If indeed it is not just a "feel good" measure, which it most definitely is, then I don't see why you (or cratos or timo) refuse to post explicitly how the changes are implemented. Just stop side stepping the issue and post something worthwhile ffs.

Last edited:
The power of the minigun is still at least 95% as strong as the abused and bugged form.
It seems you don't understand what TIW is, so let me say it again: TIW = Tickrate Independant Weapon. It means that the minigun power does not change on different serversettings and is the same on all servers. Nothing else. Nothing! It does NOT change the powerlevel of the original minigun so it is not "at least 95%" but 100% as strong as the original one. The powerlevel is no bug and doesn't need to be "fixed". That's a question of weapon-balance and has nothing to do with TIW

The UTPure-TIW did change the powerlevel and made the minigun weaker (so they fixed the tickrate-bug AND changed the weapon-balance), but LeagueAS did not, cause the assault community did not want that.

It seems you missed the endless TIW discussions back in 2004/2005 when the LeagueAS-TIW was developed and tested in the public, so I suggest you read up some of the old Threads like this: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=47673&highlight=tickrate

It will answere all your questions about how it works and why it is like it is

Last edited:
Lenneth- I'd also like to see how successful you are in demanding source code access for mods like UTDC and AnthChecker. Please let me know how you get on.

In fact, find me any community that you can just waltz in and decide that you want something not usually granted to public view, and you're going to demand to get it. You'll soon realise that this isn't how the world works.

I suggest you stop asking since you're not going to get it.

To re-iterate what MyM has posted, all you need to do is summon a botpack.minigun2 and a leagueas140.Minigun2TIW and use an active tickrate changing tool to see your "non-existant" (note the sarcasm) TIW implementation.

Last edited: