Change to the TIW in LeagueAS?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

uta guys do use all weapons, and mini one of them but you uber dm players moan unless it sniper assault. so in similar words learn to mini . you cant acccept mini as a skill.. even though you moaning about other people being able to use it better. gg .

jim you got no clue of dm stfu plz about it.
really i got no idea how someone like you can become an admin anyway but thats a different issue...

i agree with what uzi and pete said, lets try the "new" TIW

:fingers: rob you always had issues lmao i feel srry for kan guys but this a thread about mini . :rofl: if you got something persenol you want to take up with me you know where i am...........

lol i have no problem miniing people, my aim is fine.. but i just find it really fucking boring.. its the most uncreative gun in UT, its just hold fire till they die.. theres no cool looking combo to it, or a nice mid air shot.. or bouncing them off walls.. its just point and hold fire.. WOW SO MUCH FUCKING FUN

i'd just like to bring the gun in balance with other weapons, and start people being more creative in their playstyle.. cos right now AS is really really stale

masterrr said:
jim you got no clue of dm stfu plz about it.
really i got no idea how someone like you can become an admin anyway but thats a different issue...

i agree with what uzi and pete said, lets try the "new" TIW

whats the point of bringing that up.

and im with uzi here...if i could chose i would disable all randomness all together anyway... flak is already to random for me with the shreads going in every direction ;)

ive gotta stop posting every 2 mins.. but i agree with ya on that too pyke.. look at 2k4 etc.. they made the flak a lot more concentrated, and brought the damage per shard down.. and also reduced the damage if the shard bounced off a wall.. etc

anyway ill shut up now :)

so back to my origial point uzi plz read up i become sniper assault for the quickest kill :/ i use sniper as mutch as mini but if it becomes weaker i being forced to sniper always

uZi said:
ive gotta stop posting every 2 mins.. but i agree with ya on that too pyke.. look at 2k4 etc.. they made the flak a lot more concentrated, and brought the damage per shard down.. and also reduced the damage if the shard bounced off a wall.. etc

anyway ill shut up now :)

yeah UT2K4 is better anyway... they took out hammerjumps and rocketlaunches :rolleyes:

I think you're assuming a little bit too much here. I dont think what i am proposing will change the average kill time of the mini.. itll just get rid of the random uber quick and uber slow kills that happen.. surely theres no harm in some testing of this?

assuming someone will allow us to edit the LeagueAS mod.. i mean ffs even i am capable for programming this one.. so if someone starts moaning about time and effort they get a slap

indeed originally in UT minigun power has a variable part added to a fixed one, I dno if t was altered for our beloved MOD, LAS, still for the tracks:

Minigun Damagehit: 15 up to 22.5hp :edit:dont take these values for granted, might be as well max damage hit & same with Amp:edit:

( source: http://www.ocrana.de/utbible/weapons_minigun.htm )

Uzi I agree with your general idea of reducing the random part in damage per hit of minigun (primary and secondary). A more stable amount of damage inflicted with each minigun hit is surely a step further for our competition platform ^^ In a word a good idea :)

But if one simply nerfs hit damage, one will end with a weaker minigun in average. Considering a balanced distribution of the average factor, a way to keep overall efficiency of LAS minigun weapon could be to replace variable part with half its maximum. This needs some testing to confirm of course and thats why I think MCs idea to test it on pug sounds good. Adding one public server to play with new settings once they are beta tested could confirm if it feels ok to league players.

Bring on the tests! :soon:

Last edited:
From what i can see, reading the botpack.u code its actually 8 + rand(6) where rand(6) means a random integer up to 6

ie damages are 8-14 per shot

why not have 10 + rand(2)?

just as a starting test value :)

anyway, i'm not quite sure who is in charge of LeagueAS anymore.. cratos is it? anyway, someone needs to get in contact with them so they can change that part ;)

tbh remove sniper from all AS maps and add redeemers.

[edit]
Ok, seriously. There are two sides facing this problem. One is that the minigun is overpowered, and that most assaulters are really bound to this gun. People will have a hard time playing assault when their favorite weapon (read: the only weapon they can use decently) is being reduced in power. This is also the reason that people won't admit that the minigun is overpowered. Adding TIW to assault will force people to use and try other weapons, which will take practice, and time, which is lacking.
Second problem is that assault is built around the minigun and the sniperrifle. Maps are basically created around the minigun and sniperrifle. Reducing the miniguns power means that maps will turn into sniperarena's, which isnt really the point of adding TIW. Assault maps arent weaponbalanced, so TIW alone isnt the solution. This would mean that maps need a total reconfiguration, which would take ALOT of time and testing, which..... is lacking.

IMO we should begin with introducing nolockdown to AS, maybe it solves a bit of the overpowered minigun stuff. I hate being lockeddown by some misaimed bullet flying around, and not being able to move, dodge, jump or even hammerjump.
I see your point uzi, i hate it aswell, and as DM player i can honestly say that TIW and nolockdown own. Problem is that DM maps are weaponbalanced, and AS isnt, since most maps we play now are made in the minigun-era :)

BTW: The double enforcer in AS really sucks aswell imo. 1) its too strong (if someone has a lucky spawn u get killed too easy); 2) if u need ur enforcer for longdistance u have to throw it first to get a single one; 3) the map it was introduced for was Mazon back in the days (if i recall correctly), which isnt really realistic anymore.

IMO:
- Add nolockdown to AS
- Reduce double to single enforcer
- Sure, test around with CB12, i wont mind it!

Last edited: