Call of Duty - Black Ops Clan

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

gg tonight's unoffical friendly match - 4-3 victory for us and good fun. Tense when ur the last man standing and your team is speccing you but good fun too:D Also good fun when your a few players down like 5v2 and the team of 2 does a amazing comeback!

sorry target we were not familar with clanbase rules so the server took a bit longer to setup and had the wrong map limit (and cause your guys were late and took ages to join!) - but it was a nice experience for us to see how the game plays in a "real" situation.

We should definately pay again when the clanbase ladder goes up!

Last edited:
sorry i been outa town but whats teh consensus of the game after a week
i played mw2 on pc but stopped cause of the camping gayness (airstrike killstreak zzz)

spammin just isnt the same without you girls :D (sphere)

My concensus (as a noob) is that the killstreaks aren't as powerfull as in MW2. Airstrikes aren't a guaranteed kill anymore, and the other killstreaks arent overpowered either (I haven't seen dogs and the last reward, some ultra gunship yet, but I haven't haered much bad about them.)

Only Rc-xd and the Chopper Gunner are a bit overpowered atm :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSvnvbSI364&feature=fvst#t=135
The camping depends on what gamemodes u play(s&d,hq especially, but they're the most tactical ones too)
The maps are great,not too huge and well-balanced.
You can dodge noob things(grenade/rockets launchers, second chance perk) by playing on hardcore servers.
Rank1-50 is easy to do, but you can go for prestiges.
IMO with the patches fixing minor and annoying bugs it'll be as good as cod 4.

Might buy the game and play. Played a bit and it's good fun. Lots of bug fixes needed tho, anyone know whether these are coming?

Only Rc-xd and the Chopper Gunner are a bit overpowered atm :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSvnvbSI364&feature=fvst#t=135
The camping depends on what gamemodes u play(s&d,hq especially, but they're the most tactical ones too)
The maps are great,not too huge and well-balanced.
You can dodge noob things(grenade/rockets launchers, second chance perk) by playing on hardcore servers.
Rank1-50 is easy to do, but you can go for prestiges.
IMO with the patches fixing minor and annoying bugs it'll be as good as cod 4.

games like call of duty and counter strike are always full of camping. in my exp if there is a good gametype in cod go for it cause its very rare you will find a good gametype in these sorts of games IMO , if not it'll be fun for a month or 2 then you'll be back to UT quickly ,I don't game any more really but hopefully for you guys there is a good gametype in this game cause the effort with servers etc hopefully will give longevity for gamers here :) xx

Last edited:
aug hip fire accuracy is insane :o

nice one Promax looking forward to test the game this weekend PC incoming :D

aug hip fire accuracy is insane :o

nice one Promax looking forward to test the game this weekend PC incoming :D

Damage output is fairly low, so that should make up for it. Seeing how prom is a hardcore addict it's one of the best guns in the game easily.

I'm picking the game up in a few days and would be interested to hook up with the old UTA gang of course, but is there any reason for the draconic requirements from CB where you give them your phone number, name etc? I'm already spread out over the interwebbs enough as is ;)

I guess fakeIDing isn't an option?

the CB rules and league rules are well...crap, spoil all the fun. Im still playing publics but i cant see this going further.

They took the "publics" mode, stripped all the cool stuff and left us with a borefest static gameplay. no bonuses...no weapon attachments. If i wanted to play Counter strike, i would have played that!!!

I guess it's just a paranoid attempt to ban everything that might make luck a factor. Wouldn't want anyone to plant a claymore somewhere, or use a grenade launcher, or get kills from their killstreak rewards, or kill anyone by means other than exactly those specified by 'experts' and other people with their heads up their own arse.

I laugh evertime someone calls another player a noob in publics because they ran their dumbass into a strategically placed claymore. Even better are the people who scream death and decay at players who use certain weapons - what? As if someone who rapes with an AK74 would suddenly be useless with any other SMG. It's all just lame excuses used as a base to try to balance a game which doesn't need balancing. Every weapon is lethal; they all shoot bullets and all those bullets are meant to kill. Shoot someone in the face with a FAMAS or an AUG, there is no difference to players until they see the weapon used - only then does the rage start.

Balancing this game by limiting rules/weapons fails hard for the same reason that communism fails. Everybody wants to be equal, but just a little bit more equal than everybody else to not lose their competitive edge. Bah. :P

I guess it's just a paranoid attempt to ban everything that might make luck a factor. Wouldn't want anyone to plant a claymore somewhere, or use a grenade launcher, or get kills from their killstreak rewards, or kill anyone by means other than exactly those specified by 'experts' and other people with their heads up their own arse.

I laugh evertime someone calls another player a noob in publics because they ran their dumbass into a strategically placed claymore. Even better are the people who scream death and decay at players who use certain weapons - what? As if someone who rapes with an AK74 would suddenly be useless with any other SMG. It's all just lame excuses used as a base to try to balance a game which doesn't need balancing. Every weapon is lethal; they all shoot bullets and all those bullets are meant to kill. Shoot someone in the face with a FAMAS or an AUG, there is no difference to players until they see the weapon used - only then does the rage start.

Balancing this game by limiting rules/weapons fails hard for the same reason that communism fails. Everybody wants to be equal, but just a little bit more equal than everybody else to not lose their competitive edge. Bah. :P

Spot on, best way forward for the game was to take the public mode and bring it to clan matches, then tweak and tinker with the weapons to produce balance. Instead certain "experts" as you said decided to keep to the same old boring format used in previous games. I look at the number of servers online and compare to the number of clans in the CB ladder and laugh.

Probably will be released a month later for PC and PS3 then. But still, I wonder how they are going to make it work, because of the dedicated servers. If you don't have one of the new maps and the server switches to one of them, every player who doesn't have it would be kicked? :rofl:

maybe you wont be able to join servers with those maps installed. they are trying to force everyone to buy the new maps!