Call of Duty - Black Ops Clan

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
I originally planned for a MOH 2010 Clan, but from what i hear its not very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fsM6LBi54

Me & Riv are definitely going to be getting COD - Black Ops (If is anything like MW2 then it should be decent, obviously if the reviews say it is really shit then that may change our opinion on the game, but i'm sure it will be a solid 8/10 or 9/10).

It would be a nice idea to see if we can make a clan - it may turn out to be a 1 month to 2 month thing, but we will never know until a group of us play and see how it goes - it will be fun though!!!

Therefore please join my "pact" to buy the game and play together. I will arrange everything starting by hitting the public servers together, then moving onto some internal matches to help us get used to the game - eventually joining the clanbase ladder . I just need some commitment from a few of you guys to say you will be willing to try the game.

The cheapest I can find for UK people is from Zavvi for £30, but it may be cheaper on launch day
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...oogleprod&utm_medium=gp&utm_campaign=gp_games

I dont know what game types there are, but im sure we will find a nice one! hopefully not camping one, more of a action gametype

I have placed my pre order!

Lets do this!:
Riv
X-Bomb
BN
Twnz
Axl
sneez
Timo
Free
Target
Stylefish
Sphere
Che
Machoman

Last edited:
Deffo sign me up! Indeed lots of bad reviews and disappointed people on MoH. Call of Duty is something I know already and I know that I enoy it! The lack of dedicated servers always put me off MW2 but that problem will be gone with Black Ops, so can't wait to get started :D

CoD 4: Modern Warfare, developped by Infinity Ward
absolutely awesome, at the time the best FPS out there, that and Crysis were both super awesome

CoD 5: World at War, developped by Treyarch
absolute shit, I can't even begin to describe how awfull the singleplayer was, the ONLY strongpoint in the game was the voice of Jack Bauer

CoD 6: Modern Warfare 2, developped by Infinity Ward
After CoD 4 being so awesome I didn't think they could do it again but they did, absolutely awesome game!!! not better but as good as CoD 4

CoD 7: Black Ops, developped by Treyarch

I didn't play any of those in multiplayer, except CoD 6 with a friend for the coop scenarios. But I heard they were all plagued by cheaters and that the cheat protection was shit/inexistant. And I saw a few youtube vid of cheaters.... sounds pretty lame

Last edited:
I was originally going to go for MOH, but I was put off by the reviews so therefore I'm going to be getting Black Ops also.

I'm in

CoD 4: Modern Warfare, developped by Infinity Ward
absolutely awesome, at the time the best FPS out there, that and Crysis were both super awesome

CoD 5: World at War, developped by Treyarch
absolute shit, I can't even begin to describe how awfull the singleplayer was, the ONLY strongpoint in the game was the voice of Jack Bauer

CoD 6: Modern Warfare 2, developped by Infinity Ward
After CoD 4 being so awesome I didn't think they could do it again but they did, absolutely awesome game!!! not better but as good as CoD 4

CoD 7: Black Ops, developped by Treyarch

We are talking about multiplayer here though. Yes singleplayer of WaW was an absolute piece of shit, but with Infinity Ward gone, the game-rights themselves are still Activisions. The multiplayer of Treyarch's Black Ops therefore is a lot like Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare but with much more added cool stuff and game modes and....DEDICATED SERVERS!

Also the first previews of the singleplayer of Black Ops are very positive aswell! They are doing something different then the standard WWII / Modern Warfare genre and it seems to come out pretty well.

Have you even looked into it further than judgements of the past of this gamestudio?

im sure they learnt from their mistakes, anyway it will be a blast, join the fun!

I want everyone to have the game ready for 9th Nov so we can all hit the servers together!!!

We are talking about multiplayer here though. Yes singleplayer of WaW was an absolute piece of shit, but with Infinity Ward gone, the game-rights themselves are still Activisions. The multiplayer of Treyarch's Black Ops therefore is a lot like Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare but with much more added cool stuff and game modes and....DEDICATED SERVERS!

Also the first previews of the singleplayer of Black Ops are very positive aswell! They are doing something different then the standard WWII / Modern Warfare genre and it seems to come out pretty well.

Have you even looked into it further than judgements of the past of this gamestudio?

That was my only doubt about the game. Sign me up boys.

HTML point is very real.

infinite yard ones were always very good, treyarch ones were shit.

will play the demo for sure, then will see how it looks

I don't see what's wrong with WaW and why Treyarch fucked it up. It was an awesome shooter. I don't see how they fucked it up compared to MW 2 , with the huge server fail (it's shit, admit it).

Single player was fun to do, nice fights and cool moments, just like any Modern Warfare game.

edit:

ps. I'm also getting Black Ops, so add me to the list. I suggest adding a link to the UTA steam profile community thing so we can all join through that.

Would be good if we got at least 12+ people from UTA that would play multiplayer solidly, it would be fun. Like XB said, might not be something we could play for years and years like UT but who knows, it might be! I think its finally time to start looking around for a new game

For UK buyers @ Zavvi...

Unfortunately alone it doesn't quite meet the criteria, but don't forget to use voucher codes where you can:-

£5 off 50: SPOOKY5
£3 off 30: SPOOKY3

I'll be pre-orering mine later tonight.

i only watched a trailer for black ops so far, dont get wrong wrong ill play the game, highly unlikely to buy it though

and im surprised nobody mentionned the biggest point I brought up: cheating.

even if there are dedicated servers I have serious doubts about treyarchs power/willingness to eradicate cheating.

why talk of a switch to a new game populated by real rivs (pre-15 yo, Riv doesn't even count as a proper Riv anymore) and with no proper admins like MyM and weirdo that are actually willing to enforce and even code proper anti cheats.

Sorry if i seem a bit pessimistic, i don't wanna ruin anything for anyone but i'd like all of you to seriously consider that the online gameplay might be totally ruined by cheating pretty soon after the games release.

Well you should look into it a bit more than just a trailer imo.

Cheating was a problem in Modern Warfare 2, as it was easier to apply with the way the games would be hosted. Even so, I didn't see much of it, but what did happen actually already was too much for such a young game.

With dedicated servers it will be much easier for admins to maintain cheat-protection and observe the odd games that might occur.

In the end it's about the gameplay and playing and having some fun with some familiar faces. The fact that a lot of < 15y old players will be playing it doesn't matter, as you will usually be playing with 3-4 people you know anyway. Also there is always still a handy mute function in-game.

If the gameplay is anything like Modern Warfare online (which already is shown in many previews), this is going to be a straight out blast! The only issue which made me quit MW2 was the laggy hosts, and that should completely be gone now!

yeah bn has the idea, the whole idea is to try something new.......together, it doesn't have to mean we are "switching" as html put it. A lot of fun can be had with this, teamspeak comms and teamplay with familar faces all learning the game together, its going to be awesome! so just take a plunge I say to those pondering to join this little experiment (if thats what u want to call it!).

i remember a while back me drag killa syl cloud unseen anni etc all went a played a mod called frag ops for ut2k4 and we really got into it (imagine a game with MW2 action and CS style gametype terrorist vs counter terrorist, bomb defusal etc), it was nice and refreshing, we had a lot of fun and the experience was learning together, making strategies and trying new things - we always used ventrilo and it was great. Admittedly the whole thing it didn't last long (2 months) but we had a good blast playing it mainly stopped because:

1) was about 5 other clans in that league.
2) either we were really bad, or there was a lot of cheating
3) they bought out a new mod which kinda killed the old one which we liked

what I can say it was really enjoyable. if anyone ever played a mmorpg when new expansion came out will know what i mean - everyone gets together and tries to beat the new expansion and nobody has any idea what to expect and what to do - it fun! and who knows, if its the right gametype and the right action, we may just stay in for the long term!

Last edited:
yea free it will do, slight catch though it seems they made a deal with gameservers.net that they have exclusive rights to host. Thought that doesnt make a huge diff unless u have a bad ping to one of the many gameservers.net servers. Hopefully they dont become oversubscribed and crap

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/111/1119736p1.html

was mw1 the game where you could spawn camp people for 20 kills then get some stupid helicopter airstrike crap

game was ruined with everyone just hiding trying to get kill streaks...

what i like about assault is it rewards those who are fast and do kills...