book launch whit ias

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

^^ if y00 capture in a higher resolution and then resize, the main difference will be the text (hud etc) being smaller compared to the method where u capture in a lower res.

but if i capture in high details (also high details @ the graphic card's drivers-panel-thingy) the demo runs very very slowly even in 800x600 - let alone 1024 or higher... :(

at 640 it just flies by
(btw i capture in D3D not in glide, which i use to play)

ta riot m8, ill dl em and give em a listen.

yeh i tried that song from dims movie, fits the best so far, tis gr8

Originally posted by <=Joko=>
nah theres some wierd physics thing on high speed if u jump up too high u actually slow down :\ i think ...

maybe that's cos it's a moving train.

nah not just that, physics is fucked at the side of the train. If u hammer jump along the outside of the carriages u get pushed forward (ie in direction train is travelling) which wouldnt happen in real life. Just try jumpin of a train :P

i tried it with jump boots to hammer round the outside of car 2 into the hole at the side of car 2, but instead i got pushed forward into the gap between cars 1/2 :eek:

bib thur
Booklaunchers are easy to kill too. In our last insta match against UaK, I hit a booklauncher *twice* in mid-air - first shot knocked book from under him, second shot hit him as he fell.

aye i saw the demo....f***ing sweet shot

bookjumpers are really easy to kill if the jump is about straight up, because when a jumper reaches his highest point at such a jump theyre not moving and also if your close to rightr below them youll have an easy target.

Originally posted by Paa`
and thur's post was ?

1. Showing that booklaunchers are not some evil bogeyman who can get past any defence. Fact is, most booklaunches follow a fairly narrow trajectory - you go up far higher than you go forward. So you're always easy to kill on a book. Patriot (when he was in our insta team) used to hit book launchers from high deflection angles with side-on shots. So it can be done - its all about understanding how the animation of the book and its passenger differ - where you see them is not where they actually are half the time.

2. I made a boast, and backed it up with proof. Not seen anyone else do that, so until you/they do, you can "stfu", :takeit:, :lickme: and generally put up with "Thur > j00" comments :p: :fingers: :D