AS-WhatDoUThink?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

first of all good work building a map :D

they way it is now it wont be a good league map tho imho...
the top entrance is pretty useless.... some1 can spam with the flak, drop weapon and get it again.... some1 can hold the top way alone forever this way and there is nothing u can do about it :\

so there is only 1 way to the generator which the attackers have to walk about 10 times further then the defence which will be very annoying.. (see As-scarab)

hope i will be proven wrong... :D

but atleast (re)move the flak

Attachments

• Shot0043.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 158
Nanko said:
the top entrance is pretty useless.... some1 can spam with the flak, drop weapon and get it again.... some1 can hold the top way alone forever this way and there is nothing u can do about it :\
I see your point, i could raise the small tunnel outcome so high that the defenders cant enter it.

Could also move defenders 1st teleport to right (towards the apc) , so it wont be so near to main gate.

Japster said:
I see your point, i could raise the small tunnel outcome so high that the defenders cant enter it.

defenders can still get there by going in the same way as attackers...

Japster said:
Could also move defenders 1st teleport to right (towards the apc) , so it wont be so near to main gate.

dunno if that will change much, but if this is the only thing u change, you've build the whole top entrance thingie for nothing :/

I would try to make the top harder to defend... just move the flak outside the tunnel and it's alot better allready imo

/edit, now i think of it, dont make the top thing TOO easy becoz 1 attacker can complete the map without doing generator quite easily. if the flak is at the beginning of the tunnel, instead of in the middle so no1 can use the (lame) tactic of spamming -> dropping weapon -> spamming it will be quite a balanced map imo

Last edited:
Hole idea is that defenders must def top also, so they wont be all spamming down.

I changed the top route

- The lid only opens for attackers now
- raised the tunnel outcome
- theres a mover blocking defenders going to tunnel

Its actually much better this way, its hard enuff to get to the top, so the tunnel should be free of any flakspammers :D

AS-Proxion

flak is avaiable to both saides isnt it? then the defender aint gonna last 2 secs in the tunnel is he. just headshot the gimp neway :)

Oh yeah, for first objective, is it possible to make apc crash right through the doors, with a big dramatic explosion and get half buried in the wall on the other side, instead of a little control panel being slightly knocked over :\, looks kinda crappy.

Other than that it looks really nice.

Need to see how it plays....

dunno whether youre referring to this but my absolutely first thought about the map was:
He who owns Minigun owns!

And i actually fear of it becoming a second ballistic with little fun for thosewith less talent in killing.

minigun and sniper being the dominant weapons outside can make it a pain really versus semi good low pinger opponents.

seeing that ballistic is one of the maps which gets selected for matches a lot i dont see the problem.

Ballistic is a great map and the first part of this map has those elements which means its good imo :)

If u ride the APC sometimes it kills u btw (as ice already said i think) maybe u could fix that.

Aside from that it looks good, although possibly a little small maybe? dunno but it seems that u can run through it pretty quickly, having said that i guess u can do that with a lot of maps so nm :P

Joko said:
Oh yeah, for first objective, is it possible to make apc crash right through the doors, with a big dramatic explosion and get half buried in the wall on the other side, instead of a little control panel being slightly knocked over :\, looks kinda crappy.
Its possible ;)

SoldierBoy said:
put a secret tele in that map that only aor will know about
Theres allready the secret passage, dont bother looking in ed, those brushes are invisible :D

Gazzy said:
If u ride the APC sometimes it kills u btw
I will look into that, same with lift

the fire in the destroyed wall is masked (same as with lightning before) making it took weird.
only had a look at it once. and i think the wall explodes too early ie before the vehicle actually crashes into it (dunno really but seemed like it)

and since you used the 2d shaper A L-O-T :) you should also consider merging all the polys it creates (the top and bottom of 2d shapes or tesselated into triangles when you build them->but can be merged into 1 poly)
-less polys -> more fps on low end comps.
-looks nicer as small triangles get lit only very dark and the surface doesnt look as smooth.
-easier editing if you want to because its only 1 poly anymore :p

How to

Thx man, i wish id known that merging earlier, makes texture alignment piss easy, but should i use it on all 2d created brushes ?

as many as you want, IMO merging should be used whenever possible, so if youve got the time, do it for all the brushes, most of them can be done pretty fast (he alligning part is that whats takes piss long) so just select one surface and press shift B so now you shouldve all surfaces of this brush selected, allign the to either wall or floor (depending on their direction) and then you can merge them. would take a LOT longer if you selected all the polys you wanna merge one by one.