AS-WhatDoUThink?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Japster

enemy of my enemy is my friend
Nov 17, 2001
Finland
So i tryed making a map, its my first so be gentle :D
Ye i know the name suck's, was gonna use AS-Escape but Gzr allready done that.
U need SG1Tech ( texture pack ) which is in bonuspack 4
Try it out and tell what do u think, thx

AS-Proxion

one word: fucking great :D

i really like it, simple design and no 1000 routes. i first thought the corridors might be spammy but its quite big, would have to see that in a game with more players.

nice cameras in the spawnroom!

really really nice! :)

leaguemap! :clap:

Last edited:
not bad...change some things and the map is good.

1) u-pan / v-pan speed can set using the zoneinfo icon
means u can adjust the u-pan speed for the skyzone with the skyzone-icon (arghl.....what a crappy sentence)
if u speed it down to 0,1 it looks smooth, not like a hurricane

2) change startpositions after 1st obejctive is destroyed
its boring to walk over and over the same way

i dont understand the first objective...you stole this "apc" and drive to the switch...? hm...strange

Cool map dont see many problems with it to become a league map :D

fps are great never under 150 at any point so better than most maps not too spammy and that little apc is cool :P

pretty cool map (really liked the redeemer window :P and the event-horizon gen). Guess need some gameplay testing before candidating as a league map

definately a very good map, finally a map that is not cramped with fullsolids all over the place :) very nice. lighting and texturing look good aswell. nice looking geomatry. bad things i noticed runing through it once: the mountains of the skyzone are unnaturally bright. the beams in the first circle room: they appear to be masked giving them a black broder try translucent as surface property instead, i think it would look nicer.
the three rotating circles arent really high poly stuff, but stilll they slow me down in that area to about 65 fps ALONE.
and finally the corridors to the left and right of the main route are IMO a bit narrow and simple. the rest is nicely detailed but those corridors need a bit work still :)

yea its a very bright map indeed, even when i start UT without tweaks it looks like all tweaks activeted. but thats ok if you want it to be like that. thing i noticed is that one time i drove with that car i drove through to maingate, and one time i got killed into the car (suicide) :confused:

aint too bright, and im runnign with brightness slider in the center. moderate, of course its not piss dark but thats because its kind of modern ambiente with lots of lights in it, so no prob. what im talking of is the moutain texture of the skybox which is brighter than the mountains of the normal map and this looks crap.

Add it to the orange map cycle NOW.

My only problem with the map (And I do mean ONLY) is that I think it's gonna be completely undefendable.

its boring to walk over and over the same way[/QUOTE]

didn't you fix a 2nd spawnpoint after the first objective Japs ?
anyway still a good map :)

Thx for the nice comments everyone :D

[3dgamer]Lord_M said:
1) u-pan / v-pan speed can set using the zoneinfo icon
means u can adjust the u-pan speed for the skyzone with the skyzone-icon (arghl.....what a crappy sentence)
if u speed it down to 0,1 it looks smooth, not like a hurricane
Oh, i didnt know that, i will look into it, thx
its boring to walk over and over the same way
They change after 2nd, 1st one is kinda easy to take with dhl and u can launch pretty near the base entrance, its not that long walk to 2nd imo. Gotta look into that aswell.
i dont understand the first objective...you stole this "apc" and drive to the switch...? hm...strange
U drive the gate control down ;)

sobo said:
the mountains of the skyzone are unnaturally bright.
Yep, i just noticed that also, i will dimm the lighting
the beams in the first circle room: they appear to be masked giving them a black broder try translucent as surface property instead, i think it would look nicer.
Hmm not actually sure what u mean there, but gonna check if i can figure it out.
the three rotating circles arent really high poly stuff, but stilll they slow me down in that area to about 65 fps ALONE.
Yes, theres a litlle slowdown :( dunno why, gotta test it with only 1 ring.
and finally the corridors to the left and right of the main route are IMO a bit narrow and simple. the rest is nicely detailed but those corridors need a bit work still
I thought they were wide :D They are pretty booring looking, hard to find any good texture which will adapt well on the risingns and round parts. Maybe should add the corridors sum windows or sumthing.

iggy said:
didn't you fix a 2nd spawnpoint after the first objective ?
Attackers 2nd spawnpoint is enabled after 2nd objective ( compressor ), it also blocks defenders outside teleports ( 1 & 2 ). Would have to play test, to see how it works.

Do u think the defenders teleport 1 near main entrance should be disabled after 1st obj ( apc ) ?

Japster said:
I thought they were wide :D They are pretty booring looking, hard to find any good texture which will adapt well on the risingns and round parts. Maybe should add the corridors sum windows or sumthing.
windows are a good idea, but youd need to upgrade you skybox a bit i think. (or dont just look into the skybox but have a room outside of the windows to look in (with lets say palms or whatever)
you could put trim ledges in it, either the direction your walk or ina way like jointing the tunnel every several metres :)
you could use a more detailed texture (with lots of machiny for example) put in other stuff/deco.

sobo said:
the beams in the first circle room: they appear to be masked giving them a black broder try translucent as surface property instead, i think it would look nicer.

I am talking about this,jap:

masked.jpg

aye fc map.. make a zone right under the roof of outdoor area.. and put a cloud zone info innit.. that shuld make the bullets and shit not 2 hit the sky =)

and last room.. make a sky box 4 it also =) and put sum nice m00n mebbe in there also =) looks sweet:D

Ok, I tweaked the map abit

- dimmed lighting on skybox
- slowed u-pan on skybox
- replaced the end tunnels textures
- added few beams to tunnels
- added blocked room and couple of blocked corridors to tunnels
- fixed the translucency on beams texture
- removed 2 rings from the rotating mover on tp-switch room
- and sumthing else but cant really remember :D

AS-Proxion