AS-Submarinebase][

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Weirdo, we love you so much...

• Please fix this map!! :nod: :bowdown:

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • but, Leave it as it is. :nono: :fingers:

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters
I think the Sub spawn was deliberate, to keep defenders from just constantly spawning around the Docks. Think about what it will be like attacking the Docks and watching every defender you kill just respawn right on top of you. They either respawn in the Sub or around the Docks area, and if they all respawn around the Docks then getting past them will be impossible, especially given the number of weapons and health packs around there.

Reactions: HUEY
Cratos said:
btw the fix is running on DFP Server atm. Feel free to test it ;)

ah thats why they spawned there up , well Imo that really sux, how can attackers go for docks then without having belt+keg or lot of luck or l33t hax0r hiding skills ^^

Micro said:
ah thats why they spawned there up , well Imo that really sux, how can attackers go for docks then without having belt+keg or lot of luck or l33t hax0r hiding skills ^^

Useless said:
I think the Sub spawn was deliberate, to keep defenders from just constantly spawning around the Docks. Think about what it will be like attacking the Docks and watching every defender you kill just respawn right on top of you. They either respawn in the Sub or around the Docks area, and if they all respawn around the Docks then getting past them will be impossible, especially given the number of weapons and health packs around there.

maybe the problem is not the spawn points but the sub door itself ?

is it possible to have the subdoor open when the gate has gone ?

that way the def have to run to where the action is rather than just spawn there

well that would change the mapflow dramatically since attackers could get docks and submarine without delay :\

may just remove the spawns a little back outside the sub? maybe on the roof of the sub near the rear hatch?

That spawn at stairs isnt very good tbh, 1 on subbase roof sounds cool, also maybe 1 where the shock rifle and flak cannon is? just an idea.

Useless said:
Well without asking GRZ himself, we'll never know... To me it looks like a simple actor tag mistake. Very easy to put '3' instead of '4'.

The patch running on DFP was the first version I did; but I have since amended it and there are less spawns around the pulse/rockets; but one (maybe two) above the hatch on the Sub. If the defence want weapons after spawning here, they can launch themselves / each other to the shock/flak on the sub roof.

Think about what it will be like attacking the Docks and watching every defender you kill just respawn right on top of you.
It makes very little difference from the current situation imo. If you spawn in the sub, you comit suicide and you've lost 1-2secs. That's it; you still respawn in one of the two other spawn points (either by the vents pool or at the pulse/rox).

The only key objective in the map is Docks->Sub.

As soon as the Docks are breached the defence spawns change to inside the sub anyway.

Added Weirdo's 2nd fix to DFP-Public. Give it a try ;)
[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]
Removed Stairs spawns from last patch; added spawns above Sub Hatch.[/QUOTE]

Well with the spawn being outside the sub now, the defence at least have the choice whether to run & jump to the shock/flak, or to (as previously) suicide to one of the closer spawns.

It all depends on what the other team is doing etc... f.ex if you die / respawn just as the gate is destroyed; it gives you plenty of time to get a weapon ready and meet the attackers on the other side.

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Well with the spawn being outside the sub now, the defence at least have the choice whether to run & jump to the shock/flak, or to (as previously) suicide to one of the closer spawns.

It all depends on what the other team is doing etc... f.ex if you die / respawn just as the gate is destroyed; it gives you plenty of time to get a weapon ready and meet the attackers on the other side.[/QUOTE]

well you mostly get a shock anyway, brought by the attack, i never really jumped for that shock, yet i always manage to get one in my hand and spawn the gate entrance, there is ammo under that ventilation obj. anyway+what attack brings me

didn't vote yet. but reading this...
[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Well with the spawn being outside the sub now, the defence at least have the choice whether to run & jump to the shock/flak, or to (as previously) suicide to one of the closer spawns.
[/QUOTE]...i think you should fix it :thumb:
after docks remove the defence-spawn in the room with keg and belt (if there is one?!)
and place all the subspawns near that hatch on the submarine's roof.

sounds very nice. :nod:

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Well without asking GRZ himself, we'll never know... To me it looks like a simple actor tag mistake. Very easy to put '3' instead of '4'.
[/QUOTE]

Grz didn't like subbase2 himself that much so it could indeed have been a mistake.

But i think he told me some time ago it was done on purpose not 100% tho

I think the subbase improvements were implemented on DFP and RC? Because I'm starting to spawn on the sub top when I play these days. Seems a good idea to me. I don't know of any other bugs though? The gate fortstandard needs to be resized for insta imo :P

When you think about it, it spawns the players on top of the sub, so there is more defence ready at the spammy docks area, but now shield-belt, boots and a few weapons are out of reach. So I'm not convinced it would be harder to attack (especially if this setup is only for the Docks objective, not the subdoor)

Last edited:
The spawn back on SubBase roof totally suxx, because of the message the Defenders are getting very confused imo. Let the defenders spawn close to the SubBase Entrance (backside), not on the roof-entrance.