AS-Submarinebase][

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Weirdo, we love you so much...

• Please fix this map!! :nod: :bowdown:

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • but, Leave it as it is. :nono: :fingers:

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

'//3iRd(o)

Administrator
Sep 19, 2001
Dorset, UK
Ok here's the deal.

Since it became a League map, many have moaned that it is riddled with bugs and have quite a strong bias against it for this reason.

Now I've been doing quite a bit of work behind the scenes and with the fantastic help of Cratos, have developed a technique to fix any bugs (within reason), but some may result in a slight change of play....

The first and most major bug is to do with the defence spawn points. One in particular is inside the sub itself. This is activated upon the attack destroying the Gate control; however I beleive this was a mistake and should not be activated until the docks are reached, since there is no way of exit'ing the sub without the docks going.

This can be resolved, but in doing so it reduces the amount of spawn points for that section of play to 2. Ideally there should be at least 1 spawn point for each player on that team (i.e. max 6) to avoid telefragging on suicide/respawn (which to be fair is the current state anyway if you don't spawn in the sub).

So here's my proposal:

1) To fix the event sequence on that stray spawn point
2) To raise the number of active spawn points around the gate switch from 2 to 4-6.
3) Fix any outstanding bugs that arise from this thread.

If the initial response is promising, then I will write a server side fix to this issue and it will be run on popular servers (i.e. DFP (and R-C pending approval)) for testing.

Feel free to add your comments / suggestions regarding this here.

Last edited:
Reactions: brajan
Deadboy :spank: p00f

Yeah Timo, go for it... Well, it´s not annoying from my pov with the spawns, but what teh heck.. other bugs? Dont know :P

I don't know about this, if it's done i'd like to see the new spawnpoints on top of the sub near the hatch to compensate... The suiciding makes sure the narrow entrance to the sub doesn't get flooded with defenders, it would be a pain if all the defenders would always spawn close to it...

idd which is why I said it would probably change the way it plays :\

In my current build of the patch, there are two more spawns by the pulse/rockets and two at the bottom of the stairs (far end nearest the gate).

I like the idea of putting one of them on top of the sub, as you say... my original plan was to avoid spawning people on the other side of the gate; but I could always put a delay on these spawns so some of them don't activate until the gate is fully open.

As soon as the docks are breached anyway, the spawns in this area are disabled and the defence spawn in the sub again; but ofc the sub door is then open, so the defence can easily exit the sub.

ya, good thing to fix that "not-being-able-to-get-out" bug

anyway i don't think it will effect gameplay to much as people will suicide to reach outside anyway, therefore good point to fix that

the annoying thing about subbase is that when the attackers enter the submarine, it's impossible to defend that last thing for let's say 10 seconds, usseless objective imo, maybe you can do somthing about that, however it's not really bugfixing but more adjusting...