AS-RocketCommandSE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

@ Collision bug: at the very start, on the right wall which explodes later on, try moving around the fence.
Collision is correct once the wall explodes so I bet the mover is the problem. Will be a hell to rebuild it, maybe not worth to do.

@ Grave: Yes plz, scrap it :P

@ Final obj cam: what Datel said.

@ EAP/ABP: I think so, yes. Would be great if you could make it use ABP only instead cause Autorip uses it already.

@ pooph: Yeah, even tho noone bought me a GF4!! :shout: I had to buy one myself :D

Last edited:
OK; The only actor used from the EAP is the AssaultPlusRandomizer (bot path randomizing). So I've removed them all and now the package isn't in use.

Is there any need to put them back in from the ABP? Does SE require advanced Bot AI?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address. :D

OK; Public beta 02 is nearly ready.. I've had to reinstall UT in order to build this version though (and you'll see why when you download it).

Fixes in Public 02:
  • Grave Removed. RL placed outisde truck key 0.
  • EavyAssaultPlus package reference removed
  • 1_MissileTex.utx reference removed - Only uses 1_MissileTexSE.utx !
  • Defence Teleporter sign altered (Sliding Doors 2)
  • Base Terminal FSTD shifted (altho I may shift it back, it's proving to be a pain!)
  • Warehouse door trigger shifted - having problems with this one also, may have to increase the hit radius... requires testing!
  • Ending sequence extended, using EndCamDispatcher (AssaultBonusPack).
And most important of all...

I have completely optimized the map, the filesize is now a mere 6.86megs!!!! :D - That's almost half the size it was before (so no more lengthy downloads from the servers!).

Also the new SE texture file is ~705k, where the original was close to 1.3megs.

Which brings the total package size, when zipped, down to....

/Drumroll please!....

2.94megs! :!ola:

I'll post the link and update the first post when it's uploaded.

/EDIT

First post updated with the link.

Could all mirror / server hosts please icq / pm me if and when you have uploaded it, so I can update the post. Ta.

Last edited:
Oh and that also means that you can remove the EavyAssaultPlus package from the ServerPackages in your UT / Server INI (so long as you don't need to run RocketCommand or RocketCommandSE_Public01).

Aaaaaalso.... This means that PublicBeta02 can be run on the league servers (hint hint!).

Last edited:
sorry weirdo didnt had time to record the 3rd hidden box mebby i will l8er and try to find some more :coolfip:

hmmm, Map, Textures, Music, Sounds, Stuff,..... many different files :\

I'm a noob on mapping but it's possible to include all those Files into the Map itself (MyLevel). Would be much easier to install and easier to provide on redirect-servers (where every single file has to be compressed)

Sounds better for me, dunno how this looks from a mappers view?

Last edited:
oh pls no "mylevel" files
every other custom map comes with some file called like that, then u have to decide which map u wanna keep

Sauron said:
oh pls no "mylevel" files
every other custom map comes with some file called like that, then u have to decide which map u wanna keep
No, if a custom file comes like that, then the mapper has fucked up lol.

Mylevel is what makes the .unr file so big; it's all the textures put into the map file, rather than having seperate files.

Oh and regarding mylevel. It's SHIT to work with in UEd, that's why all the files are seperate. (Plus iinm, it's just textures that can be put in mylevel. - even then, MyLevel was purely designed to put in the front image, and possibly a few objective screenshots - not an entire texture pack).

Anyway, I don't know what you're moaning about ([Cratos])... The files in Public02 are 1) a lot smaller, and 2) - there's less of them.

Oh and another thing; the only file that has updated from Public 01 to Public 02 is the unr file anyway. I will never change files with existing filenames (which would end up causing numerous mismatches). So it's only ever the map that will change. - And I only planned to release 3 public betas before final anyway, just to get a good 6v6 test out of the way.

So when the time for final comes; I will put a link up for the whole package, and also one for those who have tested the Public betas (containing just the unr and help file).

lol //3iRd(o), I was not moaning, i was just asking, cause I previously read something about that here ;)

but seems MyLevel is not a good way...

Last edited:
[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Oh and another thing; the only file that has updated from Public 01 to Public 02 is the unr file anyway. I will never change files with existing filenames (which would end up causing numerous mismatches). So it's only ever the map that will change. - And I only planned to release 3 public betas before final anyway, just to get a good 6v6 test out of the way.

So when the time for final comes; I will put a link up for the whole package, and also one for those who have tested the Public betas (containing just the unr and help file).[/QUOTE]

you sayd you wouldnt do a pub3 :P

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Neh; I said 3 would most likely be final public :P[/QUOTE]
:P

ive gotta agree with MyLevel. Its only designed to put in the preview pic and for AS the objective info. I think the engine wouldnt like all the packages in places that were not made for this purpose, would probably make the load times longer i suppose.