AS-research

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

lol! kooma spends hours shooting big rockets up somebodies ass to shoot them all over the map and uses a gun that bounces blades of the ground and uses a book to fly...... and then bitches about doors opening without a proper switch LMAO

Thats the thing, I have no webspace. Anyone who can provide a mirror, please do... otherwise I'll have to send it via ICQ :\

i get your point kooma, its hard(er) mapping taking hammering into consideration but peeps shouldnt just try and pretend it isnt there, i've stopped thinking of it as an obstacle and actually started trying to use it to my advantage with the help of others :) but it is a good point your making.

the standard maps were designed b4 the mappers knew about rox launches/hammer launches etc being available in their maps im sure they knew they were possible but they did not know about the techniques used now. If they did their maps would have been designed differently for sure.

I read somewhere if the map doesnt make sense in anyway whatsoever the gamer will pick up on it, even if subconsciously, and it will make them resent/dislike the map in some way or another.

g/l humph and btw dont be afraid to delete parts youve spent hours on if u dont think it works, i know im still learning but that is an important factor too imo if u have a gut feeling its not what it should be replace it ;)

Ya, I can't help but think that my last obj really sux :\

In the meantime, can ANYONE provide a mirror for the public beta?

Originally posted by Nanko
lol! kooma spends hours shooting big rockets up somebodies ass to shoot them all over the map and uses a gun that bounces blades of the ground and uses a book to fly...... and then bitches about doors opening without a proper switch LMAO

:lol:

Cant find package "citytex" and "blast" shows as winamp file, should it be .uax ?

Please include textures or link to where i should find them.

Originally posted by Dr_Snuggles
works fine 4 me:confused: :confused: :confused:

must be your PC/UT.....
Yeah u prolly got all kinda shit installed :rolleyes:

If the map contains any other than league based files, u could add them in zip or atlest link them.

Originally posted by Japster
Yeah u prolly got all kinda shit installed :rolleyes:

If the map contains any other than league based files, u could add them in zip or atlest link them.

blast is an .umx file

and city.tex is in the original UT-installation:confused:

try to copy it from the CD in your UT tex folder...maybe that helps....

Originally posted by Japster
Cant find package "citytex" and "blast" shows as winamp file, should it be .uax ?

Please include textures or link to where i should find them.

Blast is a .UMX file, not uax, but winamp plays .umx files, and thus gives them it's icon. :rolleyes:

Citytex...... that just means you have an old version of citytex.utx.

U can prolly get it in one of the bonuspacks.

mind u... if it cant find it, that means u dont even have it.... Download all the the bonus packs, I'm sure its in one of em.

Originally posted by Humph
mind u... if it cant find it, that means u dont even have it.... Download all the the bonus packs, I'm sure its in one of em.
I got all bonus packs, even installed them all again, same error.

Downloaded plain citytex.utx file, i get "out of virtual memory" error, even after boot.

UT must be fucked, cba to re-install, thx 4 help anyways :(

first it sais 'Can't find package Citytex.utx', then it sais 'Can't find package Citytex.door'

wtf!?