AS-research

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Humph

<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_tro
Jan 7, 2003
A padded cell
Well, fact is, I'm sick of playing shite maps like buggy AutoRIP, and spammy sub-base][.... So I'm making a serious attempt at making a map, up to the standards of UTA.

The gist: Break into top secret facility, smash up top secret research projects, disable generators and stuff, and destroy experimental weaponry.

fair play to you, least instead of complaining about lack of maps your trying to do one yourself.

oh ya, constructive criticism:

Altho it may look good, dont fuck about with putting armour/weapons leaning against walls, tends to slow gameplay down when ppl are trying to get the weaps and get out fast (espeically when theyre in lockers like they seem to be in your screenie), put them on the floor away from walls, oh and the armour/pads are too close together

just noticed that in the 1st screenie, more of a general tip tho ;)

and a door to open is quite useless if u can hammer over the wall. Dunno if its possible coz i dunno how big the character is, but just see if u can tho

You can hammer over the door, but the door itself is an objective, and HAS to be opened. Also, other doors that allow access to the other objectives do not open until the main doors are open. (a bit like the door on the roof in Riverbed, you can go to it at the begining of the round, but you cant get to the objective until the others are done).

looks cool mate, dont forget to check the frame rate now rather than later like ive just done cos im a noob, "stat fps" the highest u want is around 300 but obviously the lower the better for peeps with slower computers.

looks very nice at mo but it also looks like a dm-as map like riverbed or subbase.

/me wanna have a 1337 launch map :)bowdown: golgotha, siege)

By saturday at the latest, unless any major bugs or play issues are descovered.... or someone decides to ban me from the forum, despite the fact that I'm trying to contribute to UTA.

*Grumble*, admins, *Grumble*