AS~Oilrig

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

im fed up with having this discussion MONITOR'S ARE NOT LIKE TV'S

tv's use motion blur that's why they look fine ;o and monitor's can be annoying ill 75/85 hz

the OBVIOUS map flaws first

- why do inexperienced AS players all think noone can aim with a RL? ANY good AS player can land a teammate on a dime miles away, and if they can't the first time, they'll prac long enough to get it... so any objective up high with a RL underneath is NEVER safe... atm any top team will only take out final...

- The switch before the final is covered (lift thing), and with a hitbox bigger then the cover you need to stand in front of the cover and it still goes... good thing you covered it.... it's reachable with 2 hammerjumps which with all the pads around isn't that big a deal.

- nice surroundings of the oilrig and good work on the skybox :o

- textures are quite boring

Other then that there's a few serious issues with playability imo, and pick-up lay-out but handle that^ first

There is no sniper???????? :(

The water at the start looks like marble, i thought i could walk on it :\

There seems to be quite a few pointless rooms around with nowt in.

End objective bit weird too lol, i can see there been a nice spam there if defenders can get into the tower, but i guess there are quite a few launches that could be invented.

I liked it, just i got lost so many times in random pointless rooms.

Hmm....I like the idea, but there's some weird stuff indeed like too much pointless rooms

Someone told me it was base on the CounterStrike map as_oilrig.......tho imo I'd be much better if it were much more like that

(
for the ones who dont know/have CounterStrike, the scenario of as_oirlig is:
There's 2 teams, obviously.... 'deep' inside the oilrig are the Cops + a VIP.....they need to get out and escape in the helicopter. And there's tons of routes there
)

:flyer:
whats with the counterstrike.. this is UT
Don't think cypress ever played counterstrike and iff he did he didnt stole the oilrig idea,.
oh and i wanna see the launch to the final objective.. cant be easy,.

well its bit confusing @ start with all the extra buildings and routes but with little practice i could actually find the objectives :D

-U could change the texturing so that diffrent parts of rig had ie. diffrent colour theme to tell where to go, its bit of maze now when hole map looks like same ( textures ).
-U need to change the final objective, now ppl will just lauch to it, map over.
-Lift to final is too small + the "doors" on top of lift open too slowly
-The top sniper place has no way down exept jump, which takes too much damage, add sum bars or sumthing, so u can come down from sniper without loosing health.
-Lower the storage room windows a bit so its easier to jump inside from the top.
-Check the triggers on lifts/doors, many of them are timed too slow now.
-Radius on button that opens storage room is too small imo, now u have to jump over it to activate, loosing valuable boots.

Good fps all around, just needs bit diffrent texturing around the map and sum protection final and its gonna be nice map imo :D

ah there is a sniper then :D

i never found it, got lost so much lol.

all the rooms look alike :caek:

A long, long way away from completion, and even further away from being in the league... Which is a shame as it's evident that a lot of effort has gone into this map.

There are a few out-of-place textures, like the stone slab flooring on the top of the main platform, and the plasticine water.....

Anyhow, minor graphical complaints aside, this map has BIG problems.

The computer room has two windows in it, which the attackers can hammer jump through from their spawn point just before it. I was able to reach the objective in 3 seconds of spawning... 2 seconds of spawn protect to spare!
You can also hammer into it from the ground, before said spawn point.

...And the final "tower"..... Oh dear god.

I was able to hammer jump to the top all by myself. No rocket/hammer launcher needed.

I ran through the map again, and completed it in under 2 minutes, having done only 3 objectives.

Elevators.
Switch room.
Final.

Needs work.

Humph said:
I ran through the map again, and completed it in under 2 minutes, having done only 3 objectives.
Only tried couple of times. but i did it in 1:30 completing all objectives :P