AS~Oilrig

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Looks amazing Cypress - better than any map in the league atm :naughty:

Btw if you say you can't get over 50 fps on any map, try turning off / on vsync (can't remember which lol, just toggle it on / off). To do this open UT and type preferences in the console. Then go to the Rendering box in the window which will open and open the appropriate box to your video mode (mine is D3D I think) and look for vsync. Change it to the opposite of whatever it is atm then reboot.

Thx to Slimshady for giving me this info (I think it was him :) )

jwer_NL said:
...but imo the standards to get in the league are pretty high... it has to play well and you need a little luck as well...

dont think so, after all we got maps like autorip, guardiaAL, oceanAL and lava in the league, so...

50 fp/s ? hm...i only know the 60Hz w2k/wxp bug ....
normaly vsync on is slower, but looks better

other thing: maybe rise the scaling of some textures (the screenshots where you see from the top to the ground)
the texture repeats to often, scaling 2.0 oder 3.0 should look better

i'm not sure, but i think there is a good DM map called DM-OilRig
the ground level looks like yours, only the top is different
but anyway, good work so far....

God yeah I'll never know how AutoRip got in :( Or why people continue to pick it. At what point in the map is it possible to have fun??? If your clan is a spam-based-def one then I'll expect you to pick it lol.

looking sweet m8tey :)
you got my icq m8, if you want some probs fixed with your opengl i can help you out nps.

{24}Useless said:
Btw if you say you can't get over 50 fps on any map, try turning off / on vsync (can't remember which lol, just toggle it on / off).

I changed it to the wrong setting
wallbash.gif
, should have put it on "Allways off" it's working better now, i'll try to find a new driver. Couse i think the fps can be higher on my GeForce4.

Actually......it looks like as_oilrig from CS (I heard you based it on it.....:p)

anyway, looking GOOD!
gimme gimme gimme (I'm a crappy mapper...got a few big ideas.....never finish anything)

very very much doubt it's anything like vsync seeing as a 50 hz monitor would KILL your eyes.