AS~Oilrig

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

CypresS

Jul 11, 2002
The Netherlands (NB)
AS-Oilrig beta released!

I see alot of new maps here in the forums (AS-Dam, AS-MonkeyGrubber, AS-WhatDoUThink, AS-Needhelp , AS-LostTemple, Guardia]|[ , AS-ResearchLabnice, AS-Siege]|[,AS-Austria) to see some competition. There is not much room in the league :( Imo we have to get rid of the 4 not so popular maps (2xOceanfloor,2xGuardia). But that not to me to decide.

Well, here are some screens of the assault map i am working on. The map will be medium size (little bit smaller as Ballistic i guess, i don't know if that is medium). Fastest time atm is 1:50 (Thats without bots and/or players). There is much launch possibility but not too advantageous.

I know the screens are a little small, but don't want to make them again.. i hope you like it:

1.jpg

Screenshot1

3.jpg

Screenshot2

4.jpg

Screenshot3

5.jpg

Screenshot4

6.jpg

Screenshot5

7.jpg

Screenshot6

More screens...

Plz let me know what you think..
When the map is more finished and tested i will post it for public testing.

Last edited:
It runs smooth on my comp, but thats maybe because i have a new computer.. I checked, and i have 5 zones.. is that enough ?

Is this good:

stats.JPG
?

I cannot test atm because i need to fix "timedemo" at my comp, because it's not getting higher than 50 fps on every map on every video mode.. Tryed software direct3d opengl 16 / 32 bit...

Last edited:
This map looks like the idea SteelHORN had, the map was called AS-WorseThingsHappensAtSea, but it never got finished, and it´s basically like your theme, an oil platform to bomb down :P

Lokks good but i feat it could become too spammy, the theme is ok, but looking at the Dom map that plays on an oilrig i fear its too narrow (2d dimensions and height aswell)

The league is never "too busy" with maps afaik, and most people look forward to new maps anyways, but imo the standards to get in the league are pretty high... it has to play well and you need a little luck as well...

sofar this looks really well though, go work on it and see how it plays :)

map looks very good, keep it up. but i dont know what it is with removing the crap maps. if your clan doesnt like them just dont chose them, everything ok then.

looks amazing cypress, whats the poly node count like on those outdoor bits...ie. stat fps the node count should be around 350 for smooth gameplay on lower end machines....

looks fc tho hope it plays well too :)

sobo said:
Lokks good but i feat it could become too spammy, the theme is ok, but looking at the Dom map that plays on an oilrig i fear its too narrow (2d dimensions and height aswell)
There are much alternate routes (sometimes hammerjumps are nessecery), i dont think it will be spammy.. But i can always make it more 'less-spammy'.

Did you see the more pics folder ? There you can see more pics..doh.
I will post more screens there, i can show you some routes.

Last edited:
Looks very nice indeed :thumb:

Btw where is that hole map stats screen in editor ?
[edit]Found it, heres stats for as-proxion, dunno if it gives u any clues thou :D

Attachments

• proxion-stats.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 248
Last edited: