AS-Navarone

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

The forums haven't exactly been overwhelmed with posts from Iraqis decrying the end of AS-DesertStorm, though I guess it's only a matter of time :whatever:

If you're on defence then you're a Nazi

:hangover:

Which is clearly a good thing. It means defense cba to defend, and since he said it's such a big map that's a good thing. You don't want a GrandCanyon map where it takes 20 minutes to attack :P

remove it or it is a racistic map, that might sound stupid but its a fact.

but personally i dont care.

I would have thought that if the image is banned in Germany that you wouldnt be able to willingly distribute files that you know include said image.
I dont know how that would affect us legally if at all seeing as this is hosted in nl+uk. Maybe you have issues like not allowing german isps to download map, you certainly wouldnt be allowed to install it on server7 as its german hosted etc. Is simpler all round to just replace the texture..

I would have thought that if the image is banned in Germany that you wouldnt be able to willingly distribute files that you know include said image.
I dont know how that would affect us legally if at all seeing as this is hosted in nl+uk. Maybe you have issues like not allowing german isps to download map, you certainly wouldnt be allowed to install it on server7 as its german hosted etc. Is simpler all round to just replace the texture..

Yea just replace them, no need for that sign if it can be removed very simply.

i allways liked it when the map was a bit narrow like riv3, astheno takes the piss but like riv3 would be fine

Well if i was a lawyer i would say the symbol aint a problem cos:
The specific law clearly says that its use on badges is forbidden, and defines those badges as flags, tags, ensigns and other parts of uniforms...

i dont find anything about virtual textures in there :P

The other law is the use of the sign for propaganda issues, wich aint the case here.

since im no lawayer so: do whatever u like :P

Well if i was a lawyer i would say the symbol aint a problem cos:
The specific law clearly says that its use on badges is forbidden, and defines those badges as flags, tags, ensigns and other parts of uniforms...

i dont find anything about virtual textures in there :P

The other law is the use of the sign for propaganda issues, wich aint the case here.

since im no lawayer so: do whatever u like :P

virtual textures are included as in the case of Castle Wolfenstein

To make the game eligible for sale in Germany, the developers of the game removed the Nazi swastika in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. In its stead, the German forces' logo is a creative logo that is combined from a stylized double-headed eagle (reminiscent to the eagle that was the national insignia of Nazi Germany), and "W" (standing for Wolfenstein). Every direct reference to the "Third Reich" was removed; thus, the player is not battling Nazis, but a secret sect called the "Wolves" led by Heinrich Höller, whose name is a pun of the original character Himmler (Himmler roughly translates as "Heavener", Höller as "Heller").

Seems to be an ongoing issue, but I can see with a whole game itself like Return to Castle Wolfenstein IF it was to sell within Germany & I'm guessing Austria too. But the overall UT game is not like that, just like other WW2 games (ie: BattleField..., etc.) if it's to just make it look authentically related in a historical perspective. Nowadays, as other have said before, does an old symbol really have that much of an impact in this day & age? I don't think the cops are going to do anything on it, at least I never heard of a case over one being charged from playing AS-HeavyWaterFactory! :P

map looks really awesome so far
saw nice detailed stuff..even in this early beta
the nice canopy in the middle ground for example
and the lights at the buildings

i really enjoyed the lil "run-through"

thx a lot m8 :D

Niema problema :cool:
Im on mapping frenzy done alot since yestorday night

any clues which weapons will be involved? looks really nice at the moment, open areas and straight forward-ish map :)