AS-Nameless

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i know they dont scale up too well do they, theyre on .4 as is i might just find another snowy texture, im not sure what u mean by loop tho.

lol mr T and lol at the new avatar btw ;)

jwer if u read this ive worked out what to do at the end, im gonna make the flat route fairly spammy and give the attack an alternate route down the side of the wall (to the right) and down to a river or summin at the bottom of a hill, then have a very steep slope outside the end wall, and stick the ship at the top of it just outside the walls where it is now and add some trees and a hut or summin. This way u get launches and its harder for "solo noobs" as u put it to get the end objective.

I'll build it better than ive explained it and hopefully you'll be sold on the idea ;)

i used to map a while back, still got 1 map almost finished, but my hdd is full so it always crashed when i wanted to save, and lost all my work what i did... so its just hanging around on my hdd :o

Originally posted by Muttley
i know they dont scale up too well do they, theyre on .4 as is i might just find another snowy texture, im not sure what u mean by loop tho.

Looping meaning wrapping :)

Basically the reason is that the scale is too big. But even if one fixes the scaling, a texture with low frequencies will look like shite where ever it's put because everyone can see where the texture wraps very easily. That's why one should make a proper texture as well.

Hope this helps you out (that is if you're making your own textures).

Originally posted by kooma
Hope this helps you out (that is if you're making your own textures).

The area you are entering is for members only.
Please login below, or if you are not a member, join today -- it's free!

and i ain't no member, dunno if mutts is

Originally posted by jwer_NL
The area you are entering is for members only.
Please login below, or if you are not a member, join today -- it's free!

and i ain't no member, dunno if mutts is

Well you can safely register as a member m8. No obligations whatsoever and there's a lot of helpful stuff in there if you happen to be interested in computer graphics.

hmm i first thought this map is a hommage to a certain aak player... i must have been wrong

i am a member of gamasutra yea i joined it last year a couple of weeks after i first started editing :P chrs kooma, i'll look into it :) if your interested coming on the server wiv me and jwer give jwer a shout on msn or icq, my conns dodgy so im rarely about. You sound like u know what your talking about and if u can spare the time to help us make this map better then that would be great :D

ninja soz i didnt get back to you mate by the time i got back to my computer after turning it on msn had timed out and i was between mapping and watching telly after that :P if u want to keep that star shape half way into the wall u need to use bsp isolation: build a cube that has a greater width, depth and height than the star shape and add the cube so it surrounds the star but is level with the wall, then with the star shape do -->order to last, now compile and look a the 3d window in bsp view and u should see the star is no longer causing any probs wiv the wall. Hope it works gl mate, wiv the counter just double click on counter in the actor window and another window will appear in the ed, u can read how to use it there, its easy enough that one ;)

screeny time for jwer every one else this looks shite but its the concept im working on not the looks and theme (yet) here so dont slag it off :P

Attachments

• shot2.gif
    126.9 KB · Views: 122
thats from the bottom of in front of where the level finished b4

another screeny of how u get there:

Attachments

• shot3.gif
    108.2 KB · Views: 122
hope u like the idea jwer cos i've been doing it since i got back from work :P and this is the second attempt, last night it went completely tits up but taught me how to do it today ;)

i'll try and get on msn tomorrow ive been a bit tired lately ive only been sleeping a few hours a night the last few weeks cos of this cold and its catching up with me :\

cool mutts, thanx i'll try that tomorrow, i don't really understand what you mean with: so that it is level with the wall, but i'll try it :D Slope idea seems to be worked out quite nicely, only first screeny seems rather high, but maybe thatz one of your other idea's you spoke about :)

one more post b4 i go to bed, useless u asked me whether it will run on your comp, i had a celeron 433 wiv 192mb ram and 32 bit pci card and rook ran very smoothly, the only probs i had wiv the default maps was frigate which i couldnt really tell where i was the fps was so low but in answer to your question, some areas will play bittily but theyre not in key fight areas (i hope) ive tried to keep the polys down in places where i think people will fight (one of jwers tips, but still he wants me to make them look good pfff)

If u have real probs in it after i release a beta some time soon prolly this w/e or next (its been delayed already due to jwer's pointing out of a few gameplay flaws) then i'll see what i can do to address them mate.

another post bah soz been reading the gamasutra thing, i need to reinstall psp and work on it, chrs kooma it might take a while to learn that stuff but i will anyway even if i cheat and use another texture on this map, wiv the data entry job i have atm im hungry for any bits of information and skillz to learn that i can get my hands on :)

slopes high cos jwer wants hammer launching ninja and i dont want another huge map hence u get steep parts, its almost exactly what it looked like in my head last night minus a few details, so im fairly happy wiv it :) i hope jwer is otherwhise its back to the drawing board "again" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by pinhead
read my post again and again, and again, and ull c :D

Well the only thing I actually do see in your post is the fact that you tried to be funny...

Nope. Didn't work soz.

tss u makin me look like a bad guy, without me you'd have crappy doors and crappy trees so :fingers:

i allready told you i love the sides, they look great... as for the screenie, the second screenie only shows summin and it looks plain and straight but i like the slopes :) i need to see it to judge though... i'll be round all day tomorrow :D