AS-Mazon]I[

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Player-63

Mar 14, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi All :wave:

Ive been downloading maps like there is no tomorrow to get idea's about making my own or editin one.

And i have decided to edit the AS-Mazon map :talk: The New Version will be called AS-Mazon]I[ Hopefully with good feed back and comments it will be a AL map :spin:

I would like to ask you all to give me comments and suggestions
so i can make it a good map and one that can become a League Map :D

Ive allready got some suggestions like stating the attackers in a space ship that flys down and you jump out of it. the other one was starting them off in a woods.

And some other things like.
  • More objectives
  • More ammo
  • Better Weapons
  • And do some thing in the empty cave
Thanks for your feed back in advance...

Maybe MAKE the map then ask for feedback? :p: Making maps to a fixed spec is rather hard, even more so when its not your own. Maybe its just me but maps seem to flow out better when you don't stick to a specification (just a vague idea is best :D)

Rob1000100 said:
Maybe MAKE the map then ask for feedback? :p: Making maps to a fixed spec is rather hard, even more so when its not your own. Maybe its just me but maps seem to flow out better when you don't stick to a specification (just a vague idea is best :D)
I was gonna work like that but i could not be arsed to make a map and then have to change the layout and other stuff i just wanna get things of that people would like in it and remove things that are annoying or dont work for the map

LO MAN KEWL IDIA
about time we had a new and exciting mazon the 1 we have now is like so dull
i dont think i have ever pld the map more then 40 seconds in a game
and about the space ship could u take the 1 of atmoshere because i would like to c that fly ;)
instead of just blowing up.
and wen we are flying down to start game could u have all 6 players in the cockpit
smoking leafs it would be like half the [»ULL«]possie getting ready for a match ho and the monkeys :D
anyway wat ever u decide to do m8ty am well up for a new mazon ho and put a couple ov sneeky ias launches in there aswell :)

Well WHITEY m8 , all i can say is that , first of all Mazon that league plays atm is a gr8 map if its played by gr8 clans ...
I can say ive seen defenders keep it for 3 minuts and not that far... problem is that ppl want to defend it all ... perhaps defend just or chains or just switch would help abit unstead of having 1 up 2 switch 2 chanins 1 jumpers or something like that ...

Well just my 2 cents about mazon defence tactics ...

Anyway not my problem :D and wont reveal more :D

New maps are always welcome i guess , so well i think its good whatever you do as long as leagueAS admins and clans accept map for league :D

Lo m8, yeah good to revamp maps, maybe add some new areas make the map bigger say after the crystal add a door at the back and ramps from upper crystal level leading to a new area ;) and adding to the (useless) cave would be good too :)

LuN^a^TiC said:
Lo m8, yeah good to revamp maps, maybe add some new areas make the map bigger say after the crystal add a door at the back and ramps from upper crystal level leading to a new area ;) and adding to the (useless) cave would be good too :)
Whitey has softed that empty cave out its gonna have weed plants growing in it and that whitys little hideout lol

I would definately put a large battlefield or SOMETHING before the gates. What kind of an idiot puts a a fortress that faces a brick wall? Also, expand the chains cave and make the land and water passages entirely separate.

Add some armor, the Shock Rifle, and the Sniper Rifle.

Do a lot more with the roof and skirtings of the mid-level floor. So much potential...

Also, check out CTF-Mazon for ideas. :p:

This sounds like a great idea Player-63 :)
I dunno about the others, but IMHO i don't like that rocketlauncher @ start... u'll just waste it to launch if u don't have ammo.. and besides, the launch can prolly be done with hammer anywayz... you can put shockrifle or summin there instead tho, or mayb flak... u can already go about 5 routes to get reactor switch... including chains hjump, normal route, hjump on bridge to front gates, armour hjump, ramp hjump... and i don't like the fact that u can take both chains from the water or stand on top and shoot bouncing rockets on them...

@ rob: nice map and all but tele to the door is not a good idea, make the tele to standard location by the biorifle :)

Thanks all

Got some grate feed back atm im workin on a design with pen and paper.

Hopefully a beta version will be released soon of the new layout and weapons load out.

Also i will add some health in key points on the map

Personally i think you should leave mazon alone .... but if you're looking for ideas

For the empty cave, you could link it up to the second floor above the armour with some kind of tunnel, like the tunnel in overlord but with mazon colours. However i would also suggest changing the defenders spawn points if you where going to do that, and maybe put a minigun somewhere near the exit of the tunnel for defence.

Goodluck with it anyway.

add amp belt and invisibility and the chainsaw! :P

naah i agree with joko, but then again it wouldnt change a lot would it?
maby make a nother entrance to the crystal by the chain side? because then u wouldnt be so focused on defending the switch