AS-DawnRaidbeta

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

im working on it jan, soz for my late reply our network has gone totally tits up im typing this from my dads computer.

That tree looks excellent snuggles could u upload the .u file that came wiv that level please :)
or u/l the level to jwer if he'll take it, thnx.

I've started on the innards of the base and its kindof like siege but triangular inside i copied a scene from halo that i saw on an e3 trailer :\ ...

i'll do a bridge style ramps system aswell, im gonna make teh top level a bit like mazons front thats what i was planning on anyway any objections? I'll post a screeny when our network decides to work again or if i can find a floppy disk :P

thnx snuggles :D all i need to do now is find a floppy disk im sure we have one some where :)

desolate was being finished by grz so whether he'll finish the map or not after the shinanigans apparently going on im not sure :\ i hope he does.

yea snuggles posted some piccies of some on the previous page mate, i think there was a ww2 mod wiv evergreens in too ive got that on disc somewhere.

snuggles the trees u gave me are luverly but theyre not christmassy ones :P heres a screeny of em and some of the indoors ive been working on.

Attachments

• shot0111.jpg
    shot0111.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 91
b4 u say anything proph, i'll get rid of most of the coloured lighting for the final version i just like changing the colours when im working on it so i get less bored of it :P

jwer if you read this anytime soon ive started adding objectives so u might wanna have alook and advise cos i'm crap at doing this bit.

Originally posted by Muttley
b4 u say anything proph, i'll get rid of most of the coloured lighting for the final version i just like changing the colours when im working on it so i get less bored of it :P
You can read my mind? ;)

Originally posted by Muttley

jwer if you read this anytime soon ive started adding objectives so u might wanna have alook and advise cos i'm crap at doing this bit.

someone hit proph with a :hammer: noone ever died by a bit of color :p:

man that's startin to look like :drool: but i really need to see it to comment any further, upload then kick me will prolly be the fastest response ;)

I would u/l mate but our networks fucked up again...... i cant even get msn now. I've removed most of the coloured lighting now :P also ive made little laser trap things for attacekrs who try and get into any part of the def spawn room which is nice, i cant work out how to make em cut the players head off i'll keep working on it.

i tried anti grav in that bigass room, there was one thing we didnt think of.....Hammerjumping!!!.... If i make the gravity low enough to make any kindof a noticable difference u can hammer to the top floor bah. (and thats grav 2x higher than in desolate)

im gonna try jump pads now but i'll try and make em so u have to jump across the middle fairly slow so its possible for def to kill them in midair.

speak to you later, have a good new year all :)

errm just wondering muttley did you ask Shock Systems to use their textures? :rolleyes: cuz i think i heard them say they wuld kill anyone who uses their textures in other maps :eek:

i just went on their site they have loads of free texture packs for d/l ;)

the site is http://www.shock-systems.com/

quote:

All of these textures sets are free and can be used in any Unreal or Unreal Tournament map for non-profit use. If you do use these textures for a public release, please acknowlege Shock-Systems as the creators of these texture sets. Thank You.

end quote

theirs about 8 sets i might get some more :)

ty :)

jan my bruv ian fixed the network for about 10 mins then he broke it again.......ffffffffffffffffssssssssssss

i'll u/l the map tomorrow hopefully :rolleyes:

the size zipped, is 560Kb.....I've actually made a small map at last fs.

I'll add some more spawn points and make the bots play it a bit better tonight but its around 75% done :)