AS-DawnRaidbeta

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

downloading now and for anmyone else little hint with link put a space after it and it will work fine ;)

nice map could have a good flow to it :D just a couple of graphic glitchs though postin shots to show em

Attachments

• dawn1.jpg
    dawn1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 179
also why not make glass where sb is breakable would give another route past the what could become a spammy ramp

Attachments

• dawn2.jpg
    dawn2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 179
the third window is breakable u just need a secondary shock to break it dunno why u need a shock but there u go...also on the roof u can hammer up to the left and run along behing the grating although i havent added any lights yet so you might have trouble seeing, bah!

The trigger is showing cos i'm working on the end vid still :P

i'll set to the texture glitches its next on my list after ligning up all the brushes ;)

btw what do you reckon to the scale of the map is too big do u reckon?

I dunno why but i cant play the map. There is no pic on map select but the map name is there. When i chose "start game" it says something like "unable to locate "sgtech1". Maybe i unzipped to the wrong folders ??? i wanna play the map but it wont start, ne1 know what is wrong? :(

sgtech1 is a texture in bonuspack 4 ( i think )
U can find it here along other things. ( just remove the .uz in the end )

Dunno what textures are used but would be just better to d/l both bonuspacks imo, rather than d/l all missing textures.

As for the map, maybe up it to sumwhere else than geoshitties.

Last edited:
sgtech1 is a texture file that comes with the official bonuspack4

I'll upload it for you i think its fairly big tho i'll post the link to the texture here when ive done it alternatively u can d/l the bonuspack from www.planetunreal.com.

Don´t like GeoShitties?

Try this link for the Map then :D

Provided by 'the BO team' web services :P

No linking to other pages please, or i remove it asap :scream:

just seen it, again it looks quite good, the gameplay seems a bit less then the other map, cause you need to add more boxes and different elevations...

anyways, why do you keep making these f*ckin class "beta" maps? you should put a little more effort in one map and make a good league map out of it :)

the league needs it...

if ya need testers or advice just gimme a shout :)

lol chrs jwer, I dont like this latest map tbh i cant put my finger on it but no matter what i do to it i cant seem to improve it, not even after re-doing all the lighting.

I've been getting alot of feedback of Happy Guy and Beer which is very useful, hopefully I can put there advice into desolate a bit better now ive got more experience.

Any suggestions on how to make my maps better would be more than welcome cos i just kindof run out of ideas and get sick of the maps tbh :\ I think the main problem with them is they always end up growing way too big and the play areas arent all that fun.

If u reckon Desolate could be in the league what would be the main things i need to do to it? more z-axis, smaller, better grphx?
Maybe i could join a few of u lot on a server and u could point out to me dull spots or areas that need improving that would be cool.

It's hard for me to tell what would play well and what doesnt as i only ever get to play against godlike bots which is ok, but their no substitute for humans.

I'll go away and look at them both and see what I can do :) If you can help me get my little bruv war_poodle to actually say something other than "its s***t do some more to it" then I'll be chuffed :)