8 vs NOOB tele "bug" usage.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

No tut, thats what I originally thought when I saw it used in a match and that confused me. Go test it if you cba.

If a defender runs back through the tele at any time in the map it then becomes 2 way active, that will never turn off. Until they run though it back to their spawn then its not active.
Its nothing to do with going through the tele at the same time as an defender, that I would consider a big bug and not something I was even aware of being easily done I thought it was a one off bug that happens occasionally, not only that but you could use that on any map to finish it if that were the case.

Although im slightly confused, this tele always has a blue glow whether active or not, you cant tell so im not sure which one you are talking about. This is the tele in the bunker with rox and sniper next to sniper nest, not the main gate one btw.

I will test it, it worked the way i explained when i tried it last. However, it was quite a while ago and i dunno if it might have been changed due to fixes or leagueassault updates. Anyway, i´ll answer l8er when i tried.

but everytime i say ANYTHING someone is jumping down my throat and calling me all sorts of names, I try and explain things carefully and nicely, but when you've got 5+ people all talking AT you and calling you idiot/crying baby/noob/cunt/cock etc, its kinda hard

Uzi..... I know the feeling..... but if you're so kind of logs, I suggest you go read them again and look the % of ppl saying very nicely and calmly "uzi chill man" vs the % of people insulting you (maybe only riv....)

l2read

I think I went through final tele when we got warloader and I so happened to be in room but cannon killed me

lol. noob tbh
one secondary flack ball disables that cannon...

I saw pete doing this "bug" ,as you call it (we won't know until we ask steelhorn), in a PUG once...
since then i've been checking it all the time after genny's taken

But mostly if it hasn't been opened, I try to go in thru the glass door after warhead's taken...cuz there are a few cases when a defender opens it, I go thru, dodge to the right into tele, secondary flak the cannon, hide in the right corner, and wait for a defender to open the door..

when def I always look at the door if I hear a tele. If the door doesn't open soon enough I know an attacker is in it and warn my teammates...

If this "bug" works even when genny hasn't been taken, I'd call for a fix.
But after genny's been taken there's no point in going back thru it, so if it works like that and not any time during the map... keep it.

Ok MyM, nowadays it works the way you mentioned. I´m 100% sure it was working the way i said before. Most certainly some league as update changed this because as far as i know that blue glow hasn´t been there all the time. If some leet leagueas admin hackker can confirm this i would be grateful.

lmao I want your problems.
It's used for a long time now and I see no point why its considered lame now? Cause some ppl didnt know it? Well I'm gonna complain next time some1 uses a new launch. And if its lame or not is not the question. And the rule doesnt apply, otherwise u shudnt be allowed to go trough spawn at dersertorm :rolleyes:

@html - like i said i'd just finished a long shit day at work and wasnt in the a very good mood.. probably read the bad things quicker than the others.. but being told to "chill" normally is a sure fire way to piss people off more.. esp when most of what i'd said before i started getting flamed by everyone was said in jest.. problem is when someone asks me what happened.. i tell them - then everyone tells me to stop talking about it.. cant win either way!

@Bossk... seriously.. wtf? what you just said makes no sense

imo just fix the bug with a patch like timo posted...
Anyway im off on holiday for a few days, and tbh i no longer care, so cya next week sometime

lmao I want your problems.
It's used for a long time now and I see no point why its considered lame now? Cause some ppl didnt know it? Well I'm gonna complain next time some1 uses a new launch. And if its lame or not is not the question. And the rule doesnt apply, otherwise u shudnt be allowed to go trough spawn at dersertorm :rolleyes:

Actually it seems you have enough problems already when you do a comparrison like that. Wtf man, not even close to beeing the same thing...

well if you want a real comparison, im sure the bridge teleports for defenders were never designed for attackers to go through them, it just so happens when they are given the chance they take them, u do. Also maybe even the siege][ teleports (tho im less sure on this one - since the hammer jump height into the middle tower is spot on, though i have the feeling the gaps in the middle tower are actually for defender to jump out of easily and not for attackers to jump into). I'm sure theres plenty of teleports that attackers/defenders were never meant to take, but do, it just so happens it has become the "norm" and nobody cares when that happens.

well , u comparaison is shit :P
if u take bridge as exemple then say an attacker would be able to take the main gate teleport to reach final , and not the other way around :p:

i never used that bug and thought it was an old thing fixed already
if there was a vote , i would say fix it!

well u can be in the enemy base and take the teleport to final cant you? and you can also take the teleport to base and get the base that way? right?

yeah :D
but my point was that to be an equal comparison u would need an attacker that goes thru a defender's EXIT teleporter .. :)

Again smantie I wasnt using it for final, was a distraction to get warloader, I think I went through final tele when we got warloader and I so happened to be in room but cannon killed me, after that its too far to run outside.
I dont expect everyone to know it, half my team didnt, the other half are only aware of it because its been shown to us in a league match by DJ and C0 (who some werent aware it was being used in matches by their own team it seems) and yes I mentioned it to admins at the time the only difference is we didnt complain in public about it being used in a league match. Explain to me how its ok for their players to use it in matches but we cant

Well m8 it's nothing against you personally or (-8-). I don't think other clans should use it against you either because it does prevent the defense from defending properly in a way, but that's just my opinion.

well if you want a real comparison, im sure the bridge teleports for defenders were never designed for attackers to go through them, it just so happens when they are given the chance they take them, u do. Also maybe even the siege][ teleports (tho im less sure on this one - since the hammer jump height into the middle tower is spot on, though i have the feeling the gaps in the middle tower are actually for defender to jump out of easily and not for attackers to jump into). I'm sure theres plenty of teleports that attackers/defenders were never meant to take, but do, it just so happens it has become the "norm" and nobody cares when that happens.

Siege teleporters are a huge difference. They´r designed to walk through from that way and can´t get back into. Therefore they aren´t enabled in some way and can´t really be seen as a bug.

aye same for bridge they are not bidirectionnal

imho anything about an activable teleport only if the defence goes through it first will always sound like a bug to me.

but like i pointed out, what really matters is what people want and this thread made it clear it wont be changed cuz the majority doesn't wish it to be, end of discussion.

No need to flame or find comparisons with other things... the fact is that this particular "feature" of ballistic is gonna stay...... so why bother going arguing for nothing?

im discussing whether its right to use them even tho they belong to the enemy, not whether they are bi-directional or homosexual or whatever u like to call em

im discussing whether its right to use them even tho they belong to the enemy, not whether they are bi-directional or homosexual or whatever u like to call em

Well one of the cases you brought up was seige, in which the map is clearly designed (in my opinion) to allow hammer jumpers into the tower. I don't see why there would be 4 sides open with areas which can be hammer-jumped into and the ramps leading up to it are set to the perfect height for hammer launching. There is also an extension of the wall near the elevator which allows people to hammer jump in. As for Bridge, that's what makes the map fun and it's fairly easy for the defense to protect against since the offense must be launched then run through the defensive spawn. Neither of those involve people taking the exit to the offensive portal and going through it.