8 vs NOOB tele "bug" usage.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well i think that using bugs like there were in desolate should get disciplined, well and if you bot like some people did they should get disciplined aswell.
But using something that has been here for years is just stupid :lol: bit too little too late to complain about..

Whether you know about it or not makes no difference, the information if freely available on this forum surprisingly from your clan leader here. If it was a known exploit then that post and anti's in the same thread would have been removed a long time ago, everyone knows that divulging cheats in a post on the forums isnt allowed unless it had previously been fixed, eg grab.

And there are lots of things I consider lame but that doesnt make them illegal, powerup whoring, hiding in trees, sniper camping riv3 spawn, hammer camping tele exits, I put this in the same category.

:lol: im surprised you didnt know it tbh Jackel, you played in the C0 8 match where you used it against us ;)

Funny you mentioned a lot of things you consider lame there... cos your entire team was using nearly everything you mentioned during our match

gg tho

still whatever it takes to win tho innit mym?

last thing ill say, prolly said before

when i went thru the tele in our match i didnt even leave the bunker i immediately went back thru the tele.. so i didnt even use it to attack you guys.. and i doubt any of you were even aware i'd come thru it

so basically mym.. YOU checked it yourself deliberately.. making you a big fucking lamer - basically any respect i had for you as a player no longer exists, doubt that you care.. but nm

losa

rofl, always funny to see how dudes take a 7 years old game so damn serious.
See it what it is: an old game where you can't earn money or profit. You playing just for fun, but some dudes (e.g. html) always find ways to argue or discuss about nonsense.

Go outside, meet people and chill.....ah well, somthing will never change :nag:

rofl, always funny to see how dudes take a 7 years old game so damn serious.
See it what it is: an old game where you can't earn money or profit. You playing just for fun, but some dudes (e.g. html) always find ways to argue or discuss about nonsense.

Go outside, meet people and chill.....ah well, somthing will never change :nag:

html, i haven´t seen him arguing about anything really. Discussing yes but not arguing. You know that discussing things is what makes us come to conclusions that can help us grow as human beeings don´t you?

And all the other stuff you wrote are kinda funny. All of a sudden Bartion is grown up and got friends and doesn´t care about a 7 year old game. Still you´r here spending time in forums like never before.

Its one of his many, many friends posting for him TuT. :rolleyes:

o_O yeah sorry... he´s most certainly at the bar with his harem of playboy girls and can´t reply himself right now.

Whether you know about it or not makes no difference, the information if freely available on this forum surprisingly from your clan leader here.

Fs I call lame. Quoting a post from 2 years ago on the 2nd page of a thread which I'm sure most people don't use unless they have a suggestion or request. Quoting it and saying that someone shouild know it because the leader of their clan that's been the the league 3 months posted over 2 years ago is absolutely lame. No offense to you, but that simply isn't a logical justification.

As for html's topic, I know my opinion may not be valued as much as others' but the ballistic teleporter trick certainly is a KNOWN bug and I don't think it's usage is appropriate in league matches, especially per my understanding of the league rules. At the same time, I think anyone who lets the offense through their spawn, past two autocannons and through a door is pretty stupid. Teleporter bug is a lame trick and exploiting it is lame and shouldn't be condoned esp. if the other team has said not to use the bug (I think saw some discussion saying that NOOB told MyM not to but i dont remember). I actually think that's a pretty cool bug though and makes the map more interesting. Rather have ppl know about it but not fix the bug.

This trick has been known to UTA admins for atleast a year now and was never recognized as a bug, therefore MyM had every right to use it as he thought he was performing a trick and not a bug.

I do feel it's time for the admins now tho to decide whether this trick should be fixed, to make sure clans won't struggle with the same issue in the future.

Idd but this is a bug not a trick. A trick requires skill, like self launches on bridge requiring aim and timing, this just requires the defense to have had bad timing (or ignorance) running through the portal. All the offense has to do is run through the portal. Last time I checked it didn't take skill to press your "forward" key (fs, even I can do that) and so it should be considered a bug. Offense isn't supposed to go through defense teleport exits (unless this is the way the map was designed). If the map was designed to have the offense go through the portal, that's gg but otherwise I think it's a bug.

Actually the point of me quoting that thread was because Petez had posted details about ok it was a while ago but its not a secret its public knowledge not only that but the Admin at the time had also posted details about it in the same thread. The admins do not allow any exploits to be posted on forums unless they are fixed, for example old bugs like rook door block would be detailed on here now its fixed. How can something be illegal if an admin is the one explaining it to people.

Btw they arent complaining about me using this to finish the map which seems to be what youre suggesting, just that I was in their spawn room distracting them, nothing else.

hoho u guys wasted lotta lifetime with that "problem" / "bug" / "trick" / "issue" or wotever it is + this thread, hohoho :P

btw u dont have 2 get the gen in order for attackers 2 use this BUG BUG BUG...also mym u said u thought it was lame so um why on earth would u do it if u thought it was lame?:rolleyes: if it was just 2 annoy them then just say it fs.

Actually the point of me quoting that thread was because Petez had posted details about ok it was a while ago but its not a secret its public knowledge not only that but the Admin at the time had also posted details about it in the same thread. The admins do not allow any exploits to be posted on forums unless they are fixed, for example old bugs like rook door block would be detailed on here now its fixed. How can something be illegal if an admin is the one explaining it to people.

Btw they arent complaining about me using this to finish the map which seems to be what youre suggesting, just that I was in their spawn room distracting them, nothing else.

It is public knowledge to a degree, a very small one at that. I've tried the portal bug before and never found it working so until now I've had no clue how to do it. Ase has been around much longer than I have and still didn't know it it seems. I also don't see any threads saying how to do it or anything, just a few posts in that thread, so it's sort of crazy to expect everyone to know it.

And yeah I was mistaken about that, checked stats a while after I posted (they weren't up this morning for some reason) and saw you didn't win either Ballistic played. That still is a huge distraction to defense and IT DOES PREVENT DEFENSE FROM BEING ABLE TO PROPERLY DEFEND THE MAP. If you're running into their spawn they can't run into the portal to final and defend which means they need to sit in their spawn an extra few seconds and significantly hinders their ability to defend properly. I think that's part of the real issue here. Although the bug is cool, it probably shouldn't be used in league matches simply out of a conscience for fairness.

html, i haven´t seen him arguing about anything really. Discussing yes but not arguing. You know that discussing things is what makes us come to conclusions that can help us grow as human beeings don´t you?
and i know that there were thousands of discussions that lead to nowhere over the past years.
And all the other stuff you wrote are kinda funny. All of a sudden Bartion is grown up and got friends and doesn´t care about a 7 year old game. Still you´r here spending time in forums like never before.
Ye i'm much in this forum, caused by my boring coding job.
I didn't say that i'm grew up, did i? I'm just the opinion seas alrdy brought up (- hohohos):
hoho u guys wasted lotta lifetime with that "problem" / "bug" / "trick" / "issue" or wotever it is + this thread, hohoho
I'm not in this forum to whine about UT bugs / issues that are alrdy here since the start. I'm here to have fun with some guys i know since some years alrdy.
Oh and yes i dont care if i lose/win a match, it's not that you earn money with e-sports :P
sry for offtopic ;P

ok let me summarise what was pointed out in this discussion so far:

Blabla :p:

Exactly my point :nod: now lets close this be4 it turns into a flamethread(even more then it already has)!

Dede its a distraction, its not like the tele goes anywhere useful for an attacker. Just so you know as Uzi is the one making the most fuss about this he has called me stupid the other day because I do not use war machine skin, apparently this is invisible against some backgrounds which I wasnt aware of, now please tell me how thats a good thing? but it would be petty complaining about it.

Again smantie I wasnt using it for final, was a distraction to get warloader, I think I went through final tele when we got warloader and I so happened to be in room but cannon killed me, after that its too far to run outside.
I dont expect everyone to know it, half my team didnt, the other half are only aware of it because its been shown to us in a league match by DJ and C0 (who some werent aware it was being used in matches by their own team it seems) and yes I mentioned it to admins at the time the only difference is we didnt complain in public about it being used in a league match. Explain to me how its ok for their players to use it in matches but we cant?

Also seems that some people arent aware of how it works, even Uzi seems confused from all his babbling on irc, so:

The defence have to open this, they cant AFAIK open it accidentally
It can be opened at any time throughout the map, it does not rely on any objectives to trigger it
It cannot be closed once opened
The defence enable it by running back through the tele, I can see no reason to run back through the tele unless spree whoring (maybe when UT was first out due to the length of the map it was used as a way to allow defence to defend front and back parts on a map at the same time but with the common use of suiciding now thats pointless)
Tele will not be triggered by your teammates rushing it (ie where you bounce back through tele because other side isnt clear, happens quite often on ballistic)
Uzi seems to think you enable it by going through it normally (spawn => outside) after gen goes, that doesnt enable it (if he actually thinks what I put above rather than this then I apologise)

This in other words is "similar" to openening a spawn door on any map, the defence have to trigger it like a door, only difference is its a door that can never be shut.

If we get punished for this then that is taking the piss, might as well edit the rules html is quoting.

Making use of any map specific bug (known or unknown) which prevents the attackers from completing the map or the defenders from effectively defending the map is prohibited, unless you're playing against (-8-) in which case you can use whatever means/bugs/radar whatever you want as its a bug for them (-8-) but an allowed 'feature' for your players :lol:

Last edited:
It can be opened at any time throughout the map, it does not rely on any objectives to trigger it
The defence enable it by running back through the tele, I can see no reason to run back through the tele unless spree whoring (maybe when UT was first out due to the length of the map it was used as a way to allow defence to defend front and back parts on a map at the same time but with the common use of suiciding now thats pointless)
Tele will not be triggered by your teammates rushing it (ie where you bounce back through tele because other side isnt clear, happens quite often on ballistic)
Uzi seems to think you enable it by going through it normally (spawn => outside) after gen goes, that doesnt enable it (if he actually thinks what I put above rather than this then I apologise)

This in other words is "similar" to openening a spawn door on any map, the defence have to trigger it like a door, only difference is its a door that can never be shut.

This is not true MyM.
It´s triggered by the attackers and not the defence. The defence must use that portal to get out and defend the generator properly. When looking at that portal from outside there´s no blue glow or anything unless a defender come through it. Exactly when the defender comes through it is when you as an attacker run in. There´s no need for a defender to run in and out of the portal to enable this feature. It´s enabled from start of the map as soon as a defender uses that portal. This is why it should be considered a bug and nothing else. Known this for ages but never used it allthough we tried it on a practise just for the fun of it.

No tut, thats what I originally thought when I saw it used in a match and that confused me. Go test it if you cba.

If a defender runs back through the tele at any time in the map it then becomes 2 way active, that will never turn off. Until they run though it back to their spawn then its not active.
Its nothing to do with going through the tele at the same time as an defender, that I would consider a big bug and not something I was even aware of being easily done I thought it was a one off bug that happens occasionally, not only that but you could use that on any map to finish it if that were the case.

Although im slightly confused, this tele always has a blue glow whether active or not, you cant tell so im not sure which one you are talking about. This is the tele in the bunker with rox and sniper next to sniper nest, not the main gate one btw.

Dede its a distraction, its not like the tele goes anywhere useful for an attacker. Just so you know as Uzi is the one making the most fuss about this he has called me stupid the other day because I do not use war machine skin, apparently this is invisible against some backgrounds which I wasnt aware of, now please tell me how thats a good thing? but it would be petty complaining about it.

Again smantie I wasnt using it for final, was a distraction to get warloader, I think I went through final tele when we got warloader and I so happened to be in room but cannon killed me, after that its too far to run outside.
I dont expect everyone to know it, half my team didnt, the other half are only aware of it because its been shown to us in a league match by DJ and C0 (who some werent aware it was being used in matches by their own team it seems) and yes I mentioned it to admins at the time the only difference is we didnt complain in public about it being used in a league match. Explain to me how its ok for their players to use it in matches but we cant?

Also seems that some people arent aware of how it works, even Uzi seems confused from all his babbling on irc, so:

If we get punished for this then that is taking the piss, might as well edit the rules html is quoting.

Making use of any map specific bug (known or unknown) which prevents the attackers from completing the map or the defenders from effectively defending the map is prohibited, unless you're playing against (-8-) in which case you can use whatever means/bugs/radar whatever you want as its a bug for them (-8-) but an allowed 'feature' for your players :lol:

Ok.. lets decode mym's lies - i did try and take this up on irc to avoid the ongoing forum bullshit - but mym wont respond and Riv banned me from their channel...

[11:34:07] <uZi> MyM
[11:34:10] <uZi> not gonna flame
[11:34:18] <uZi> but im too lazy to write a responce on forum
=
[11:34:34] * Snowman sets mode: +b *!*uzi@*.dyn.gotadsl.co.uk
[11:34:34] * You were kicked by Snowman (Requested)

real mature...

anyway, first up: me talking about that skin being invisable against some walls - I AM COLOUR BLIND WITH SOME COLOURS

k? - this darker skin effects me more than anyone else, i really have trouble seeing the skin against almost any background apart from very bright ones.

When talking to you about that skin I was half-joking, since the majority of players in UTA use that skin, in fact nearly your entire team used it in our match.. i have been trying to find a way to force a default skin, or get away from that skin for about 2+ years.. but no one seems to give a shit

If you want further proof, ask pete - we play DM together and he's been using that skin, i've TKed him about 20 times in the last week cos of it.. and he gets SO pissed off cos of it.. he switched over to a different skin and i was no longer TKing him as much cos i could see which colour it was.

so you can shove that up your arse..

Next up: Until 2 days ago i wasnt aware of how the bug worked.. i know now.. and yeah it is how you said

Unfortunately in the match i didn't - i went thru the tele just after gen had gone and then turned around n went back thru <--- if you see earlier posts or IRC logs (if you care that much) i've never claimed otherwise, i just wasnt aware that going back thru was the thing that caused it..

Now mym, despite all of your moaning and claiming DJ has used it vs CO (i wasnt aware of it.. if he did then i my respect for DJ is almost as low as my respect for you and your teammates).. haven't seen proof of it so i dont know for sure.. I do however know YOU used it.. and you used it repeatedly

finally, you say it wasnt used to complete the map.. funny that mym - cos you had a fucking good try at abusing it to complete the map.. first thing you did when warhead switch was taken was go thru the spawn and try and complete it that way.. except you got killed (at least i think it was you.. i saw a body which looked like ur skin there in the game)

Finally you're having a go at me for my "babbling" on irc... I've tried to be joking about this.. but everytime i say ANYTHING someone is jumping down my throat and calling me all sorts of names, I try and explain things carefully and nicely, but when you've got 5+ people all talking AT you and calling you idiot/crying baby/noob/cunt/cock etc, its kinda hard

tbh both times i'd done a 9 hour shift at work and was completely knackered.. not the best start for me.. since i know i've not got the best of tempers - not a secret.. yet people are happy to keep making the situation worse by continuing their spam at me.. if everyones so sick of it - dont say anything to me about it... the amount of times i've been talking to a specific person only to have 5 more people jump in with their retarded opinions about how i'm picking on their gracious lord MYM.. pfft fuck off

To 8 - you cocks can keep your precious win - you didnt deserve it and i hope you enjoy every stinking point

thanks for ruining a perfectly good game mym

fuck you very much

if you wanna discuss it like adults - try responding on IRC and get riv to get back to his homework and off my back

EDIT: forgot to mention: MyM - you have said yourself how lame you think using the bug is.. you obviously checked to see if the tele was open - which means you had it in your mind the whole time to use it.. which is why i have no respect for you.. and why i have been "abusing" a "league admin".. if you deserve to be one at all.. can host all the servers you like, can help people out with their PCs, build shitty watercooling systems for idiots who dunno how to do it but when it comes to this league and AS - you're still a cheating cunt

Last edited: