8 vs NOOB tele "bug" usage.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

The most fun part is going through the demos after a match to find out which idiot opened the tele and then blaming them. Thats what we used to do in the past when defenders start appearing in our spawn room.

From my point of view if a defender deliberately opens the tele then there should be no reason for not allowing attackers to go through it, if the tele is opened due to a problem (offence spamming tele so defenders are forced through it, unlucky timing with gen) then yes maybe it shouldnt be allowed as its not deliberate but as its impossible to distinguish the difference during a match you either allow it or fix it. Either way I dont see why if at all this should be considered a cheat in this particular game especially when previous usage has been allowed.

Exactly! It's the same thing as opening the sniper nest door before the button is even rigged, it's something you agree on not doing, something commonly known. It's your own fault if you go through bunker tele as defence.

And what html said about having to turn 360 degrees everytime you go to final, that's bs, you mostly walk into room, take shock, and you already can see out of the corner of your screen if someone is hiding there. Maybe would take like a 30 degree turn to the right, at most...

why attack html he clearly made a good point fs

hes not doing himself any favours by saying

plus I said in the future, IDC about 8 vs NOOB result and dont wanna create flames, I just wanna adress a specific ut issue

and then making the topic "8 vs n00b bug usage", thats just stirring. If he really wanted just a general opinion he could have made a poll, which we all know know he loves doing :D

I heard that uZi walked through bunker tp just as generator got destroyed, so that's quite unlucky timing. In the match itself however I felt that NOOB would've been better off concentrating on the remaining 2 mins for the map, and then make a remark about it afterwards. Maybe even completely leave the server after the map if u felt that it was neccessary. Apparantly some of NOOB's own members have used this trick themselves in other matches, so obviously they don't consider this trick to be a 'bug' cause ur not allowed to abuse bugs in a match, right?

This trick has been known to UTA admins for atleast a year now and was never recognized as a bug, therefore MyM had every right to use it as he thought he was performing a trick and not a bug.

I do feel it's time for the admins now tho to decide whether this trick should be fixed, to make sure clans won't struggle with the same issue in the future.

complain, complain, complain...
This isnt a big deal is it.. ive never seen it used, and wtf there teamcannons to kill the attackers.

what a fuss about nothing.. like noob would have won against 8 if this didnt happen
just fix the bug and it'll never happen again...

:o

comon guys (n girl) use a bit of common sense... its hardly possible to make a decent use out of this "bug" ... if some1 takes the tele after genny is done hed prolly just is fragwhoring anyway... the fact that attackers can use teleporter if u take it back is known for ages as well. i would compare that to the last area in Astheno were u can take a (rather useless) shortcut too when def opens a door for u and dont watch out...
Also : last door in balli wont open for att. there 2 cannons so u cant exactly sit in a corner for long and there ppl spawning with spawnprot. U can also get into that room for final after warhead is down and some1 is not watching out and takes the normal way out of the spawn. ... so if u manage to sneak behind some1 throught 2 doors that wont open for u pass 2 cannons and no1 notices u and get final... well then u deserve to get it !

when co used this against us the first time i thought, wtf cheatoooorzz lamers, however if you actually try this (yes go try it when you get the chance) its actually quite shit and a waste of time, you end up in a room that you have no way out of unless some idiot defender opens the door for you. You just end up dying and wasting a run that you could have made better use of otherwise. The only thing its good for is to make a distraction (like it did yesterday) Make it a feature and dont remove it, ITS GOOD FOR THE MAP. Now that supposedly everyone knows about it just leave it as it is.

There are obviously different views on this matter. Some say it isnt a bug, others say it is. Lets quit this stupid discussion and see what the admins do with it. We'll see -8- in two months and we'll try to give them a better fight. We still sucked, but it didnt go that bad considering it was the 1st match with this team.
I think its really weird that especially people from -8- are defending the usage of this teleport 'bug' now, since i remember them telling others to fuck off using it on publics (or even a PUG). It's a bit hypocritical, but i can understand it as you all want to defend MyM and your own clan ofcourse. As far as i remember, everyone that used the teleport and lamed around in the spawn has always been called lame or even kicked from public servers. If this was a known feature, then people playing this game for over 4 years would have known it for sure. If this will be accepted as playable and being a normal feature of ballistic, then i can live with it. Last night it was quite lame since it wasn't known, caused unnecessary flames and distraction and disturbing the match for some people with other views (seeing this as a bug instead of a feature).

And yes Brain, maybe we would have won. It would have been 6-5 then + we would actually have played the last maps (which we didnt yesterday). I know, there was too much crying on our side, which was totally our fault. Anyway, time to close this.

Last edited:
actually it is the defenders fault when they directly go out the teleporter when generator is done...then the teleporter is free for everyone...but it is just by accident, and of course ppl will use it when it is accessible i guess

hes not doing himself any favours by saying

and then making the topic "8 vs n00b bug usage", thats just stirring. If he really wanted just a general opinion he could have made a poll, which we all know know he loves doing :D

I only included that in the title because it was the hot topic of the moment and the title does include tele "bug" so I wanted to adress the real opinion of the league / league admins and that particular subject bug or not a bug. It seemed to me that it was a clear bug (activable tele wtf?), and seems other ppl then me didn't know it ; and yes I wanted to stir things a bit about this issue, and if most "finally" agree its a bug and show will to "fix it" then it should be...

It seems clear to me now with this thread that once again the majority of the league disagrees with me, and its fine....

Its not a bug according to most so its not gonna be fixed and considered legual...

I have my answer.

Sorry all for wasting your precious time by reading this thread, thanks for your input and insults.

I am very sorry to try and help the league become better with my poor opinion that is worth nothing.

can someone lock/delete this thread already I think the point is proven.

The lame tactics I said earlier id expect and accept in a match although ppl obviously arent going to be happy with it, there should be no reason to use the same tactics in a public enviroment.

As for not playing the last map properly that is your fault, you should always play on and sort problems out later.

And html nobody here can say if its a bug or not, its pointless asking us, the only person that knows if its designed this way for a reason is the map author. If you really want to be picky about similar bugs in maps then you should bring up astheno although not a tele, the final here can be attacked by two vents whch are designed for defenders to use to get further up the map.

I didn't ask for the truth, nobody here have it, but who gives a shit really

its about what people think about the issues....

hammer sets are a bug, but they make assault so much fun, ppl who play assault (nearly) all agree its good so its kept...

books in golgotha are nearly the same thing, did the mapmaker want us to launch with them... who cares, they were deemed unfair by the majority and removed (afaik.... I didnt follow that topic but I guess thats what happened)

doesn't really matter, what matters is the people that play the game and HOW they want to play it.

like i said the point is already proven here, most people don't consider it a bug, wether its true or false is irrelevant, we play the game like we want to play it.

I tought it was worth bringing up since I wasn't the only one learning about it that day. I asked for the opinion of the league on the subject and I got it subject closed...

I guess I should just stop caring............

when co used this against us the first time i thought, wtf cheatoooorzz lamers, however if you actually try this (yes go try it when you get the chance) its actually quite shit and a waste of time, you end up in a room that you have no way out of unless some idiot defender opens the door for you. You just end up dying and wasting a run that you could have made better use of otherwise. The only thing its good for is to make a distraction (like it did yesterday) Make it a feature and dont remove it, ITS GOOD FOR THE MAP. Now that supposedly everyone knows about it just leave it as it is.

DITTO

i think you run through a teleporter - thats what all the fuss is about anyway