Ut2k4 Demo The official what do you think of the demo Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Because its impossible to do a decent hammerjump, you cant like on hispeed, get on the roof of that crossing section

yeah u can fusion m8 :) Trouble is, what to do once ur up there...

U can also hammerjump to the higher lil nest bit on the side of the main wagon but ur kinda stuck there... and likely to get ripped to shreds from the defenders cannon turret thing. Far too linear this map. Cept the end bit where u can jump on the lil car and get into the missile bit from the side as well as attack normal way, thats a nice touch.

;) Think the thing about the thing telling u what too do can be disabled in the full version, still time to fix several things with it though

I dont think assault04 will ever be as good as assault in ut99 but then again launches and tricks made the game, before that it was pretty boring anyway, but i think its an ok game, i may be wrong and get bored after afew more hours:p

BITCH MOAN ;)

some things I found
-You can turn off the announcer in the audio settings :)
-Spawn delay/practise round/Player Glow, etc are configurable server settings so talk to the admin of your favourite server :)

On the other hand, it is even easier to defend if you turn the delay off.
Great feature for a broken map :P naa, j/k

There are some alternate routes, but they are even easier to defend than the normal ones.

Last edited:
I can't get AS-Convoy to run smooth on my computer without seriously toning down all the video options, something i didn't have to do in UT2k3 i think?

With them toned down i didn't have any problems in ONS though... weird

Miner said:
And now, here's Miner for the irony;

The person who created AS-Convoy is in fact willhaven, the one and only creator of AS-Asthenosphere! :bowdown:
Yes, and that's a pile of spammy shit mapping aswell :rolleyes:

Miner said:
And now, here's Miner for the irony;

The person who created AS-Convoy is in fact willhaven, the one and only creator of AS-Asthenosphere! :bowdown:

if you want Irony then just quote this

Willhaven said:
there is just a LOT of variety.

and of course theres the whole "virtually bug/exploit-free"... "must-be-completed-in-order"... "dont-even-try-to-launch-people-because-it-wont-happen" kind of gameplay. it forces people to actually attack as a team and use tactics. linking-up and/or using the shieldgun can do a lot.

blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda... its just a lot more than UT AS was.

ut2004 demo server is up for testing :

ut2004://195.35.183.157:7717
password = ut2k4test

It's Onslaught btw, as it is about the only mod somewhat intressting to the UT-classic lovers ;P

contact mye with infomration in my sig. below, with requests and comments :)

Last edited:
In the HUD settings you can adjust your assault HUD, Arrow yes/no, objective indicators, etc...
Don't like it? Turn it off :)

Yeh Onslaught was most impressing mod tbh :) The vehicles are a nice change. Will test it online bit later

I've been playin this for about 3-4 hours now and i like it

good points: Onslaught owns
better choice of weapons
returned sniper rifle
nice looking maps

Bad points: ghey sounds in most weapons
lightning gun still in
maps look a little cramped
I think the mappers were going for appearance rather than gameplay

I like the AS map, its cool, but is kinda the same as AS-Hispeed, i play AS and Onslaught now, but Onslaught duz get a bit annoying when you get spawnkilled all the time by sum1 in a tank

Jus 2 questions, Duz every1 else ping like 200 on these servers and slide to hell? and, Duz ne1 elses PC show alot of the characters/weapons/meshes as flickery?

kinda the same as hispeed?
nah, the only obvious thing thats the same as hispeed is in my eyes, is that u play on some moving vehicles

what i mean is, same idea as on moving vehicles, also on the map on xidia :p

the maps were done in the same way... and whats up with the mine spider things? i can throw em... i can make em follow me... but i cant get them to kill ne1 lol

i got a problem all of a sudden my ut2004 browser doesnt work at all i get no servers in list and when i restarted 2004
i cant even select the server list.??? help?