Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to do some research, I can't ever remember a botter receiving a 5 hour ban.

And i don't condone what grz did at all but the punishments are deffinatly not proportional. I mean we have mute enemy to get rid of that shit. But what do we have against botters? Sweet fuck all. All we have standing in between us and botters is a 1-3 month ban. Whoopy.

And "which is also defying the laws of society" Steroids and drugs to enhance your skill in say sports do not? LMFAO!

You can't compare racism to cheating on an online game, end of story.

Mute enemy won't help on forums I am afraid.

In your recent post botters have "5 hour bans", now "sweet fuck all" and finally a "1-3 month ban". Less of the contradicting yourself and more realistic posts.

"Steroids and drugs to enhance your skill in say sports do not?"

I suppose you are trying to compare steroids and drugs with bots and triggers or whatever.

Flash alert: this is not the real world.

And i don't condone what grz did at all but the punishments are deffinatly not proportional. I mean we have mute enemy to get rid of that shit. But what do we have against botters? Sweet fuck all. All we have standing in between us and botters is a 1-3 month ban. Whoopy.

And "which is also defying the laws of society" Steroids and drugs to enhance your skill in say sports do not? LMFAO!

steroids and drugs makes you go stronger/faster, it's to 'help' sporters/athletes to achieve goals, it doesn't upgrade skill or make you unbeatable. Botting has no goal imo, it gets you banned, it won't make you win matches, because you'll get caught then... drugs & bots are something v different ;)

Stop contradicting yourself wish. When moaning about the racism you use it as something unlawfull by society itsself.

"which is also defying the laws of society, nevermind in an online gaming community." Wich is linked to reallife.

However how is this not real life? Are you not human sitting behind the PC am I immagining all of this? There maybe screens between us and some keyboards but it's all there aka reallife.

If you read it correctly sweet fuck all is used in the choice compared to we have to read racist comments. And you can ignore on irc and most likely on the forums aswell.:rolleyes:

I don't really understand what you are trying to say now, I can't find where I have contradicted myself.
"When moaning about the racism you use it as something unlawfull by society itsself"

That's because it is unlawful, if you are caught being racist in public and the evidence is sufficient enough then you will be punished.

"If you read it correctly sweet fuck all is used in the choice compared to we have to read racist comments".

Don't understand this.

You can ignore in IRC and on Forums, you can also ignore in real life, turn a blind eye to the racist comments you may be receiving, this doesn't make it anymore better.

You can mute me and m1c, ignore us on IRC and pretend we don't exsist as well, but that doesn't stop you trying your ultimate best to get us banned.

Ignoring something does not make it go away

"However how is this not real life? Are you not human sitting behind the PC am I immagining all of this? There maybe screens between us and some keyboards but it's all there aka reallife."

Put this way, everything is real life, how can it not be. The point is I haven't read using a trigger bot in a public UT match will condemn you to 2 years in prison. Hence why the admins set up their own rules and regulatons, which have been clearly expressed in this thread and will not influence the players involved in the past.

Last edited:
cheat once: 3month ban
cheat twice: 3month+ban (admin's case)

in mic's case he cheated twice , wich i was informed the second time wasnt even a bot/trigger and after like 3-4 years of being 'clean' ? the admins look at it case by case and give ban's appropiately (spelling hi) give it a rest or become an admin yourself.

edit: here is the movie where mic used his 'cheat' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

yeah i can mute your attitudes not your bots that is exactly what i am saying.

"Sweet fuck all" I use that in the following.
We have no choice to play against cheaters or not.
But we do have the choice to mute flamers. And ignore their existence untill it's match time. Then we have to play against cheaters wich imo should be our choice.

I never said that botters don't get any punishment just that it isn't nearly enough.

If you get caught using steroids in sports it's no jail time either but you do get kicked out.

Same should be for botting. and it doesn't improve your play you people say. if i have a radar it would make my life so much easier no more flak in the face comming around corners. It doesn't make me invincible i can still lose. It does give me an advantage.

Occasionaly turning trigger bot on when enemy is nearing an objective. And all you have to do to find out if you have got one that avoids league protection is get a 3 month ban twice even the second offence is a 3month ban. When u are known to be banned for it before.

This was a wrong decision and needs to be corrected. It is just that simple.

Even though i'm not very fond of you and m1c it's not a reason for me to want you banned noone will ever get along with everyone. It's as simple as that. And a lot of people vote to keep you in cuz you have been caught once. This is fine with me u may have learned your lesson (wich remains to be seen, as your still a bug abuser.) M1c however did not as he did get caught the second time and needs to be removed from UTA.

So either remove m1c and every other person caught twice.
Or give us the right to not play matches against them and the clans that take them in.

lol become an admin yourself.... I have the time now so if they are short i don't mind helping out. But i doubt most people would like me to.:P

"Sweet fuck all" I use that in the following.

You do, just don't play - simple as that.

But we do have the choice to mute flamers. And ignore their existence untill it's match time. Then we have to play against cheaters wich imo should be our choice.

Once again, you do have the 'choice', you decide whether you play or you don't. 'Play against cheaters', false statement, you're playing against 1 or 2 people who have cheated in the past, and you can ask admins to check the logs whether they cheated during your league game. Besides the point, you only have this problem against 1 or 2 clans in the entire league, it's hardly a game-breaking problem.

I never said that botters don't get any punishment just that it isn't nearly enough.

Which is the entire point of your poll, to change ban lengths on botters. Unfortunatley the thread has changed direction into trying to perm ban me and m1c.

If you get caught using steroids in sports it's no jail time either but you do get kicked out.

Once again you try to make a comparison between a real life event and an online game, and as stated already a steroid can hardly be compared to as a bot, and yes you do get kicked out - as do people who bot in UTA. Whether they are let back is not essential, since you are making the point 'they get kicked out'.

Same should be for botting. and it doesn't improve your play you people say. if i have a radar it would make my life so much easier no more flak in the face comming around corners. It doesn't make me invincible i can still lose. It does give me an advantage.

Nothing except the admin command for 'God' makes you invinsible in the game really, finally I agree with one of your points.

Occasionaly turning trigger bot on when enemy is nearing an objective. And all you have to do to find out if you have got one that avoids league protection is get a 3 month ban twice even the second offence is a 3month ban. When u are known to be banned for it before.

As already said, since logs have been kept people who trigger bot for the second time will be banned, simple as. m1cs original ban is very fragmented and it's probably debated about what he actually did, as far as I can remember he didn't bot but did something similar to his recent 'activity'.

This was a wrong decision and needs to be corrected. It is just that simple.

Remains to be the admins overall choice.

Even though i'm not very fond of you and m1c it's not a reason for me to want you banned noone will ever get along with everyone. It's as simple as that. And a lot of people vote to keep you in cuz you have been caught once. This is fine with me u may have learned your lesson (wich remains to be seen, as your still a bug abuser.) M1c however did not as he did get caught the second time and needs to be removed from UTA.

I do believe I have commented on 'my bug abusing' earlier in the thread, no point for you to keep spouting the same old lies now is there..

It remains to be seen if i've learnt my lesson, quite clearly 7 years of being 100% clean is not long enough for someone like you. Next.

So either remove m1c and every other person caught twice.
Or give us the right to not play matches against them and the clans that take them in.

How many times does it need to be drummed into you that the rule counts since the logs were kept, according to the UTA logs m1c has cheated once so far.

You will just not be playing against MoD then most probably, which to be quite honest I couldn't care less about, one less match for me is a good thing.

Last edited:
cheat once: 3month ban
cheat twice: 3month+ban (admin's case)

in mic's case he cheated twice , wich i was informed the second time wasnt even a bot/trigger and after like 3-4 years of being 'clean' ? the admins look at it case by case and give ban's appropiately (spelling hi) give it a rest or become an admin yourself.

edit: here is the movie where mic used his 'cheat' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

:rofl:

wow wish reading between the lines is truely not an option for you huh i have to spell everything out. Well you can fo. You know exactly what i meant wich is more then enough for me.

However i'm glad you agree on the choice in matches one thing thoguh we don't have the choice not to play you as it is cuz we will lose points.

So change that to teams of the choice on competing against clans with cheaters. And that when they don't they do not lose any points.

That way everyone get's what they wanted. You can keep mic. And we don't have to play against cheaters and the clans that support them that way i can truely ignore it.

If you think the clans i play in are the only ones that will be using this then why worry 2 matches less a month big deal.

I actually do think your clan will be the only one, well - the only one I could care about.

The only challenges atm are -8- and NOOB, I can bet £100 they will continue to play MoD.

I quoted each of your points to show you my opinion on what you said, if you expected me to just glance through your post and hope for me not to understand or reply to any of it then you can think again.

You keep saying clans with cheaters, I suppose you mean clans with a person who has cheated in the past. Since I do not cheat, playing vs me is not playing vs a cheater, the only reason I can think you made this suggestion is that you don't want to face losing vs a clan of mine.

You're new clan has been in the league two minutes and already you are trying to enforce rules on who you will and won't play. zZzzZ.

Well yes, I would be happy with that 'deal', we keep m1c as you just said, hence you don't want him to be banned anymore? What an abrupt change of mind - and we won't play vs your clan then, I certainly won't be bothered in the slightest. Unfortunatley, this is not a UTA rule so i'll wait for the admins decisions on whether to implement it.

Bringing Steroids etc into this is not a good idea Rookie. Using them in sport does not get you a permanent ban. Look at Stam, used Nandrolone and got a 5 Months ban. Im afraid that is far worse than using a bot once time in a computer game :lol:

Davids also got 6months ban and Athletes takingh androgenic steroids receive upto 1 year. Considering a lot of money was at stake aswell. Pretty much sums up the permanent ban issue imo.

Bringing Steroids etc into this is not a good idea Rookie. Using them in sport does not get you a permanent ban. Look at Stam, used Nandrolone and got a 5 Months ban. Im afraid that is far worse than using a bot once time in a computer game :lol:

Davids also got 6months ban and Athletes takingh androgenic steroids receive upto 1 year. Considering a lot of money was at stake aswell. Pretty much sums up the permanent ban issue imo.

not to mention they are both dutch, damn drug abusers :rolleyes:

You do not have to play against anyone you dont wish to, forfeit the match and at least then you know that you can be happy with your moral standing of not playing against someone that has cheated. Rookie you have to understand that not everybody thinks like you do, some people dont mind recruiting or playing with someone once they have served their time as such, there are a lot of people that voted for banning people on their first offence yet they are quite happy to play alongside someone that has a previous history, as far as I can see half of div1 clans have someone in their team punished for cheating, this seems very hypocritical in my opinion.

This whole thread is being conducted the wrong way, discuss the anticheat system, discuss the bans periods, dont bring into it previous cases as that wont help matters.
I cant see how any change to ban periods can be retrospectively implemented, to make it fair everyone that has been punished in the past would need to have been logged, as stated before this just isnt the case with the system as it has been running, there are some that have punishments that were too early on in the league history to be recorded or that have changed their nicks/made new accounts before we have been wise enough to track them for future reference. For whatever reason cheaters that were known have basically had their slate wiped clean due to a mess up with historical logs, that will never change, ban periods in future are open to discussion but anything that involves something that happened over 6-10 months ago should be disregarded.

I do want himm banned i don't mind getting my ass handed to me cuz i suck anyway. cnp for example fair clan and beat the living shit out of us. So gg imo.

Should the admins not do this then i want the choice to not play against cheaters. And it has nothing to do with my new clan i have always seen it this way. Infact i probably made similar comments about this over all the years i have been here.

I always felt strongly opposed to cheaters. Not just when u or mic did it.
Some people i know have been cheating by admittance of their own clan members and yes in matches aswell. Not caught though so imo that sux but i'll have to live with it.

But playing against proven cheaters sux especially when they don't care about being banned. In other words nothing is stopping them when they find a bot that passes the protection to use that. And wasn't it you who said goodluck finding a bot that passes the protection on google? In other words someone has been doing some serious looking before they installed it.

Fully aware of what they have been doing the second time.:rolleyes:

Common sense should hopefully tell you that a bot which passes protection will not be found from a single google search.

"But playing against proven cheaters sux especially when they don't care about being banned. In other words nothing is stopping them when they find a bot that passes the protection to use that."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If this was directed at me, I will repeat for the 10th time at least in this thread that I haven't cheated for many years now.

Who says they are a fair clan Rookie?? Rumour has it one of their players was being looked at for botting but they cant prove it yet. Still ongoing investigation apparently. But of course you wouldnt have space in your mind for other accusations with wish and mic in there. maber might come and deny it but tbh he knows just as much as the rest of us. I am told by 1 of my tdm clanmates aswell so not making this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.