Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have agreed if it was to test a bot, say u never seen how they work or whatever. But by now we all know full well what they do. That excuse would have been cute in say 2000 2001.

And then after you had your warning you do it again that is in any case definatly a ban imo.

Well I tested aimbots too, but didnt play leaguematches with it...didn't even play on public server with ppl on it even If I personnally don't care if there are cheaters on the public server :P

but I posted my ini in several threads with bot parameter in it :P
luckily someone has told me that there are such parameters in my ini when I asked him why he has called me a cheater :P well l8r we got to know each other better and now he knows that I'd never cheat online (but offline :lol:)

If you've to test it test it offline...but dont play online vs anybody and for god sake dont play leaguematches with it - I totally agree to that :thumb:

Last edited:
i dont care rly, actually the system works quite fine and stuff, I didnt play against a botter since years. Jus keep it as it is atm, thats enough for an old game:)

You'd wish the same for deadly too then? or just wish and m1cr0 :P

No because he´s studying to become a doctor and can save important people´s lives in the future. The other 2 twats you mentioned are of no use to us. In fact, they´r just wasting oxygen that could be used for a better cause.

Everyone should have a second chance. Look at all the past cheaters, have any of them been caught cheating again? Obviously they learnt their lesson. A couple months being banned is enough tbh :P

Everyone should have a second chance. Look at all the past cheaters, have any of them been caught cheating again? Obviously they learnt their lesson. A couple months being banned is enough tbh :P

... you just made a valid point.....

you feeling ok? :\

edit: >3

I think headcase raises a good point - cheating on pubs discourages newbies away from Assault.

It's entirely possible though that botting can be a mistake - I've got about 7 bots including 2 versions of HelioS Hook, two other bots made by [ELF] and a variety of other bots which I won't name here. Some of these bots can be activated from the UT Mod menu and it's entirely possible I could accidentally activate one during a league match or public match while trying to check tactics viewer or something like that. Fortunately I'm hopefully not dumb enough to keep doing that and it'd would be pretty obvious if I were cheating since I've got no skill. Even if I accidentally botted during a league match I see absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be banned. Admins are sensible enough to understand people's cases if a mistake is made and mistakes can be undone.

No because he´s studying to become a doctor and can save important people´s lives in the future. The other 2 twats you mentioned are of no use to us. In fact, they´r just wasting oxygen that could be used for a better cause.

plz tut stop ur killin me and i dont cheat :moon:

If someone deserves a ban because he was acting against the rules the rules itself will lead to an admin based result.

What I personally see are the two sides. One side says ban cheaters forever. The other keeps in mind that the ban worth misbehavior needs a kind of forgiveness too that the person that did those very big mistake gets the option to grow up and learn out of the fault.

If none would use the aspect of forgiveness none of us would been able to learn out of own faults.

That includes the fairness and the interrelationship that means for me that a purified repentant (sinner) must been
accepted like each other person. (Forgiveness also knows its limits.)

Therefore not each very good shot of a player is a cheat. Who thinks that is not able to play good ut.

The barrier that helps to stop players from using cheats must always been given in a powerfull way!
Talking from community member to community admin:

I die of laughter at this admins point of view.

If none would use the aspect of forgiveness none of us would been able to learn out of own faults.
Isn't it really really reeaallly obvious that certain people give you a big FUCK YOU when it comes to the rules? Look, i'll give you a random quote, which basically replies to your post as a summary for the past three months:

#kehrbesen

nothing you do or say will change anything rookie

u havent figured that out yet

lol

I could aswell make a
Code:
 tag for you, and put some confronting quotes in there aswell:

[CODE]
#CARE
#CARE
#CARE
#CARE
#CARE
#CARE
#SEEYOUINTHREEMONTHS

I really don't see a three month ban as a paternal slap on the fingers to change ones mind - maybe the admins think it is, but some (ex?) cheaters just dont give a bloody fuck.

I'm sorry to get involved in this thread while i was actually brainless and lame myself a couple of years ago (different circumstances, and i actually did care and felt the consequenses). Just my 2 cents.

Agreed to a point, but some guys actually would take the three months to rethink their UT carreer and quit botting. If others are saying "#care" then they'll get caught again and :wave:

didnt Micro got caught a 2nd time for cheating?
I'm aswell for the "first time caught" three months is anough theory. but if someone is soo dumb and cheated a 2nd timethey should get a permant punishment.

Brajan said:
User under review for using a hook on a league-linked public server.

m1cr0
Clans: MoD, -=[23]=-, -RoF`

Servers caught cheating on: DFP Public

Cheat used: Helios Hook

Nicknames - IP Address: m1cr0 /bademeister/s4cKg3sichD - 80.83.*.* (Confirmed match via UTA-Auth and utstats).

Action taken: Account suspended till 25-05-2007

League rules

Be aware that this is 2nd and last timed ban (for cheating). Next one will be permanent

Last edited:
It's not asif players show remorse for cheating. Only person i seen doin that was pete. Rest is more proud then anything and that's what bothers me the most personally.

HAHA look at me i been cheating and caught \o/ I'm now cool :rofl:

And should it become out of all this that we decide to just ban em the first time for a period, 3 months is way to short!

Status
Not open for further replies.