Info, Tips & Tricks UTDC v2.1 - Problems / Fixes.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I quickly registered to tell you how I fixed it - in case it helps others. It's a combination of all fixes Google could provide me with. I cannot tell you which of the tweaks below helped me, exactly, cause I applied all of them in one go, but I had 4, 5 games in a row just now without any problems, after nothing but map change crashes before I made the changes:

- downloaded UTDC outside of UT and overwrote the UT-downloaded files in the System folder.
- opengl: reverted from utglr 3.4 to 3.2 (http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/)
- added all UTDC* files to my antivirus' exception list (NOD32) - you never know.
- added all UTDC* files to my anti-spyware app exception list (Spyware Doctor) - you never know #2.
- assigned my team a name in ASC (although after connecting to another server that setting did not stick, so you can probably ignore this).

By eliminating one process at a time, then firing up UT after each.

Not the quickest of methods, but it allowed me to pinpoint which process was the culprit.
:o

Although not a "fix" in it's truest sense, this does stop UT crashing during map change when using Vista.
Grab THIS and extract it into UT/system folder.
Run UT, options, preferences, video, change
In the window click "Show all devices"
Select "Direct3D9 Support"
next etc

I know, UT feels better etc in OpenGL but this works and UT still plays pretty well for me.

p.s. I have installed DirectX9 into Vista.

p.p.s This is 32 bit Vista

I quickly registered to tell you how I fixed it - in case it helps others. It's a combination of all fixes Google could provide me with. I cannot tell you which of the tweaks below helped me, exactly, cause I applied all of them in one go, but I had 4, 5 games in a row just now without any problems, after nothing but map change crashes before I made the changes:

- downloaded UTDC outside of UT and overwrote the UT-downloaded files in the System folder.
- opengl: reverted from utglr 3.4 to 3.2 (http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/)
- added all UTDC* files to my antivirus' exception list (NOD32) - you never know.
- added all UTDC* files to my anti-spyware app exception list (Spyware Doctor) - you never know #2.
- assigned my team a name in ASC (although after connecting to another server that setting did not stick, so you can probably ignore this).

I wish Lu-Tze would be more specific in what exactly "it" is --> what OS did he have problems with? I recently played on Server2 with a WinXP 64bit setup -- managed to play Tydium just fine, then crashed after map change and attempts to reconnect thereafter
2zxxybp.jpg
(a la post #2)

I'm using opengl at the moment. 1. how can i show the version? (I _think_ 3.2 though not sure) 2. does rendering device matter in this example?

thx,
~viper~

Dear UTA Administration,

Please ban ~viper~ for causing bug abuse on Tydium (only map he played, only map bug existed on - not a coincidence). He has banned from other games and IRC for cheating and admitted this publicly.

He is also a dirty Cossack and should not be trusted.

Sincerely,
pogo

Dear UTA Administration,

Please ban ~viper~ for causing bug abuse on Tydium (only map he played, only map bug existed on - not a coincidence). He has banned from other games and IRC for cheating and admitted this publicly.

He is also a dirty Cossack and should not be trusted.

Sincerely,
pogo

stop making drunk posts

Friend of mine has this error the same as trasher had before but no idea how to fix it. He tried everything listed in this thread related.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 285
there is some kind of virtual machine, which runs xp now within windows 7. maybe that could help . will try myself soon, since i have the same error on my laptop

Bring up the task manager select UT, right click and select affinity, unclick all cores except one.Best place to do this is to select a new renderer, go to the options menu for video to change the 3d device, that restarts to its video install menu.Then do the task manager affinity decheck.

as MyM said...

there's no workaround...

Vitual modes are not supporting the grapic performance UT needs to play without a lag! Only way will be to kick UTDC and go for a new anti-cheat protection.

derZ