Info, Tips & Tricks UTDC v2.1 - Problems / Fixes.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Server booking stats:-
Code:
07/09/2008 - 24/09/2008

[U]Server[/U]                     [U]# Bookings
[/U]Match Server #8                     10
Match Server #5                     10
Match Server #7                     8
Match Server #6                     6
Match Server #1                     6
Match Server #2                     5
Match Server #3                     3

06/08/2008 - 31/08/2008
[U]Server[/U]                     [U]# Bookings[/U]
Match Server #6                     15
Match Server #7                     10
Match Server #5                     9
Match Server #1                     8
Match Server #3                     7
Match Server #8                     7
Match Server #2                     2
(-8-) English Server                1
DoG UK Server #1                    1

09/07/2008 - 30/07/2008

Match Server #6                     14
Match Server #7                     13
Match Server #8                     9
Match Server #5                     8
Match Server #1                     6
Match Server #2                     3

04/06/2008 - 30/06/2008

Match Server #6                     16
Match Server #8                     9
Match Server #7                     7
Match Server #1                     3
Match Server #3                     2
Match Server #2                     1
Match Server #5                     1

02/05/2008 - 29/05/2008

[/U]Match Server #6                     21
Match Server #7                     11
Match Server #1                     11
Match Server #8                     8
Match Server #3                     8
Match Server #2                     6
Match Server #5                     5
DoG UK Server #1                    3

03/04/2008 - 30/04/2008

[/U]Match Server #6                     22
Match Server #7                     15
Match Server #5                     13
Match Server #1                     7
Match Server #2                     5
DoG UK Server #1                    3
(-8-) English Server                1
Match Server #4                     1

09/03/2008 - 31/03/2008

Match Server #7                     18
Match Server #1                     13
Match Server #6                     13
Match Server #5                     13
Match Server #2                     7
Match Server #4                     4

10/02/2008 - 28/02/2008

Match Server #6                     14
Match Server #7                     13
Match Server #4                     11
Match Server #1                     5
Match Server #5                     3
Match Server #3                     1

06/01/2008 - 31/01/2008

[/U]Match Server #6                     17
Match Server #7                     14
Match Server #4                     13
Match Server #1                     10
Match Server #5                     5
CoH NL Server                       1

UTDC has no quibbles with DX10, it's UT which has the problem, as it was designed for Dx7 with only recent Dx8 and Dx9 support.

Anyway, my findings so far are that actually the x64 o/s (XP and Vista) work better with UTDC 2.1 than the old UTDC 1.8 which is on every other server, but since no common denominator has been proven yet (only speculative), then not everyone will have the same experience.

well UT+vista DX10 worked fine for me, as i always use opengl i donnu how it looked like with DX, but in fact it was impossible for me to play at server2 at vista64. I had also a very hard time to get UTDC running at all under that OS...

and i don't blame DX10 for all this but vista, so if you want to go for DX10 you have to get that OS even when you don't like it (in some cases vista is good - but: "was der bauer nicht kennt frisst er nicht")

And well wierdo i totally give up to try server2 (because UTDC2.1) - i'll try it once with my xp64 system and give you a feedback. But when admins are telling
to rolling it out to all other servers, however we will not do so until client side fixes are identified with certain setups.
there is no need for uta players to go and test and as i know my lazy bunch of ppls they just don't care about UTDC and server2 anymore. So if you not forcing utdc 2.1 people will not go for it - and i bet if there would be only utdc2.1 ppl would go to find the solutions to play UT on vista/xp 32/64 Ogl/DX...

I can understand that there is a forward movement in UTDC like there is a improvment of cheats (i guess that cause i never looked for some)

and i think you got me wrong, but the fact hat XP32 is the last MS operating system witch is working without problems on UTDC gives me a headace. That OS is quite old and its understandable that ppl want to go for vista and 64bit. But every time i switch my OS (like i tryed vista and now xp64) it gives me a headace because is have the "normal" problems on those new OS to make old and good software running on it propper PLUS i have to sort out alot to make UT running good on it and then in a match i get screwed on server2/UTDC2.1 to can't play on it...

and thank you very much to show the server statistic - it looks like server 2 is unpopular to people, so i remeber the days we had a auth test server to make everyone working it out to get that running.

Why not making a utdc-test-server and let the people go for UTDC2.1?

greetz

dErz

well, i have problems with server6 (screenfreezes) and dave had some but for him it's fixed, so after our tryout on server6 failed for me we went to server2

downloading utdc2.1.... done

and then a big surprise! it was perfect for me - normal ping no problem =) =)

so i can tell XP64 sp3 on OgL (latest drivers) work perfect!

=)=)=)=) i take all back and say switch all servers to UTDC2.1 xD

nah, i'll check it at vista someday and give info... thx very much to tell me that it should work with xp64

greetz dErZ

Last edited:
Yeah I was there too so two of us on serv 6. At least it works for me now but I don't what else he can try other than compatability modes. Maybe dual boot with 32 bit OS of some sort?

Maybe dual boot with 32 bit OS of some sort?

thats not an option cause i can run all servers ecept nr6... and admins say its same as 1,3,4,5,6,7,8... grrr there is no 4

anyway i thing this belongs to serv6 thread and not to UTDC2.1 as it is runnig perfekt...

and NO this error is coming up every map, about 20 till 60sec of new map... when at least 2 ppl are at the server... so its a UTDC issiu

Last edited:
Yeah I was there too so two of us on serv 6. At least it works for me now but I don't what else he can try other than compatability modes. Maybe dual boot with 32 bit OS of some sort?

In my tests 2 people aint enough to trigger the fault. I did it with Vitz and there were no problems...I try a PUG and freeze every map change.

As stated before, the problem does appear to be resolved by using D3D instead of OpenGL.

Last edited:
I cant connect to server2 either, i manually downloaded and installed UTDC1.8 files but didnt help. I run D3D and Windows 2003 server thou <- LOL. Maybe its not just Vista and x64 system that have problems connecting?

I can connect to all other servers, so my solution is not play on server2 :)

UTDC on server 2 make me crash(Can join the server in 4 seconds then i crash, some maps works fine and some doesnt). Im on WinXP 32bit and i have tested different opengl and d3d drivers + all that stands in this thread. I have never had this problem on some other server.

Just delete the shit from the servers, its bullshit when it destroys leaguewars. Donnie had the same problem in todays war but some maps i crashed on while he didnt and some maps we both crashed on.

Just fucking get rid of UTDC all together it obviously doesn't catch the people who actually are cheating *COUGH* Maber / Wish*COUGH* and just affects noob players who aren't cheating anyways

IMO dont use utdc2.1 on server#2 if it makes alot of people crash. Must be somewhere else to test this kind of upgrades, rather than ruining a match. :)wave:SveK vs dzz)

btw i can join an play with my winxp32, but not with win2003server playing the same UT installation with all latest utdc files installed

I doubt admins will be doing anything about it atm, the first post says that anyone that has a problem needs to do such and such. So far there has been a lot of complaining and not a lot of helpful input from those affected :(

Is there any log file etc that might help when UT just locks up?
My experience of this fault is that UT connects and as soon as auth finishes UT locks solid and I have to kill it.
Can UTDC be put into a debug mode?

You guys sure its not a dep problem?

x64 has beefier dep so has server 2003

idd play with that see if it make a diff

Ive never had any probs but i always disable it

Oooh...finally a screenshot of a UTDC crash :) This is Windows 7 btw.
That was connecting to i4Games....UTDC 2.1b?

Attachments

• UTDC.jpg
    UTDC.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 396
Last edited: