October 2009 Assault Cup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Signups Closed/Closing

OK I need to get the ball rolling....Many things to still sort out. Signups are Closing Tomorrow 28th September 2009 19GMT

Captains and how picks are done.

IMPORTANT: I NEED TWO MORE CAPTAINS BY THE 30TH OF SEPTEMBER OR TOURNAMENT CAN NOT BEGIN.

How Picking is Determined:
1. Once all players are rated by the Ratings Panel - The player picking process will begin.
2. Picking is completed in 5 Rounds by the 8 captains. Additional rounds will be Completed for excess players.
3. Captains have 35 Player Points to use (5v5). The teams value (including the captain) can not exceed 35 Player Points. This will insure that any advantage in picking order is significantly reduced. (I May change the 35 point limit to something else after a captains meeting)
4. The weakest captain gets first pick..... Then the next weakest captain and then the next etc.
5. After each round the player ratings are added (including the captains own rating). The team with the least total combined player points will get 1st pick in order of the lowest value.
6. If the player points are tied at the end of a round. The lowest value captain will choose first for the round. If both captains have the same rating a coin is flipped.
7. This process will continue until all listed players have a team.

With this process now made clear I am hopeful to get two more captains very soon or else their will be a huge delay in getting the cup started. The way this is designed anyone a can be captain as each team will be approximately the same strength eventually. (35 Points strong!)

The October 5th Date was a bit optimistic but still remains a possibility if people can !captain.

Captains So far are:
1. X-Bomb
2. Hoi
3. Twnz
4. Wish
5. Disc
6. Supermic
7. NEED URGENTLY
8. NEED URGENTLY

The 8 Panel Rating Members are:
1. X-Bomb
2. HTML
3. Wish
4. Hoi
5. Riv
6. Torp
7. Basdo
8. Meteor

Last edited:
Schedule prior to Cup Start

28th September:
1. Signups Close 19gmt
2. I will send out a list of all participants (with instructions on how to pick) to the 8 Rating panel members.

28-30th September:
1. The Rating Panel Members will return the list to me with the player ratings out of 10 - In 0.5 point increments. The higher the value the better the player.

28-30th September:
1. The results will be processed and the official player (average rating of all players) value list will be sent to captains to have a look. If the average for a particular player works out to be 7.76, 9.65, 6.23 etc the rating will be rounded up or down to the nearest half point on the official list.

1st/2nd October:
I hope the captains can have an IRC meeting if possible...we will pick the players... i tried to get us a forum but didnt get a response!

2nd October:
Teams are announced

5th-18th October:
Quarter Finals. Both matches need to be played by the date above (remember these matches are 2 x best of 9 map matches so you might be able to play back 2 back matches on the same night!! Or you coud just make it a full out Standard assault style war first to 8. This is entirely down to the captains to agree.) All you need to do is inform me when the match will take place so I can make arrangements for the server(s) and the results once done.

19th-1st November:
Semi Finals. Both matches need to be played by the date above (remember these matches are 2 x best of 11 map matches so you might be able to play back 2 back matches on the same night!! Or you coud just make it a full out Standard assault style war first to 8. This is entirely down to the captains to agree.) All you need to do is inform me when the match will take place so I can make arrangements for the server(s) and the results once done.

1st November to 8th November
Finals. 1 Best of 14 map War.

If I can get 2 more captains before the 29th we can save a day or two....I need all the extra days I can get as I need to arrange for all 8 captains to be online to pick teams!!!

Last edited:
ranking is the best part :D
i clumped most the players into 4 colums (paste excel then you can drag/drop the boxes...)
then after 5mins i got real lazy so heres my unfinished list :D

flame away!
hi ulv your in my column!
21. Wish (Captain)
3. Twnz
50. Riv
34. D1sc (Captain)
35. m1cr0
20. Sphere
15. Supermic (Captain)
31. DJ
19. Salva
32. Dirz

1. X-Bomb (Captain)
48. Black Ninja
6. Akora
22. Od
9. Hoi (Captain)
16. Free
27. Spoq
18. Axl
30. Mido
33. Basdo

25. Ban
7. Meteor
24. Freakeh
17. Lucy
38. YMD
10. Opium
8. Yako
51. Mena
13. Morpheus
23. Yakz0r

2. Thrasher
5. Pogo
11. Html
14. Ulv
41. Lenneth
26. Peacemaker
28. Pitbull
4. Sneez

Good list imo. Know-it-alls will dismantle it while reserving their own lists :yawn: but I think it pretty much looks good. I'd maybe have put Lenneth and PM higher but as you said, PM is a nob end hole and Lenneth's ping is phuq't.

Pogo please edit your post, i dont want people getting confused thinking those are the teams. thanks!

Good list imo. Know-it-alls will dismantle it while reserving their own lists :yawn: but I think it pretty much looks good. I'd maybe have put Lenneth and PM higher but as you said, PM is a nob end hole and Lenneth's ping is phuq't.

i should be in top 15 imo i am fucking sick so under rated :cool:

Don't worry XB, nobody is dumb enough to think those are the teams. Or official ratings! List definitely needs a tweak :P :P :P. Of course most chronically misplaced is Ulv. wtf is he doing down there with those nabs!

SIGNUPS CLOSED. ANY SIGN UP UNDER THIS ARE TOO LATE.

Official player list will go out to all panel members later today with instructions!

Final List of Participants

Still need 2 More captain please!!! Please Volunteer
We have 55 Signed players - but the tournament will be 5v5. I can imagine alot of players will not turn up. This means on average 7 players per team, so 2 backups per team should be enough to cover the "I will sign but not bother turning up type players" My advice to captains is to also look at player activity and attitude when making team selections. Never the less everyone will be given a team and if both captains agree then a 6v6 can also be played.
Final List of Participants

1. X-Bomb (Captain)
2. Thrasher
3. Twnz (Captain)
4. Sneez
5. Pogo
6. Akora
7. Meteor
8. Yako
9. Hoi (Captain)
10. Opium
11. Html
12. JACKEL
13. Morpheus
14. Ulv
15. Supermic (Captain)
16. Free
17. Lucy
18. Axl
19. Salva
20. Sphere
21. Wish (Captain)
22. Od
23. Yakz0r
24. Freakeh
25. Ban
26. Peacemaker
27. Spoq
28. Pitbull
29. Syphus
30. Mido
31. DJ
32. Dirz
33. Basdo
34. D1sc (Captain)
35. m1cr0
36. Blade
37. Target
38. YMD
39. Useless
40. Killing_Joke
41. Lenneth
42. jEr
43. Flow
44. Toone
45. NoMercy
46. Gong
47. Solar
48. Black Ninja
49. Snee
50. Riv
51. Mena
52. ODIN
53. Atomas
54. Stylefish
55. Uzi

On Call (if available) Backups: (can replace any player, on any team, in any match as long as they are no more then 0.5 player points higher then the player being replaced for the match)
1. Fat_Jeff
2. Zyx
3. Pete
4. Maxiz
5. Squirrel
6. Gazzy
7. Kelvin
8. Vitzy
9. Killerdude
10. Champ

PLEASE FORUM PM ME IF YOU WANT TO BE A RATNGS PANEL MEMBER > CLICK MY NAME AND CLICK SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE!

Last edited:
I have sent instructions (via forum pm) to Rating Panel Members, please return the list to me (via forum pm) with scores ASAP, I would appreciate it!!
Scores are confidential please do not send to any one!

I still need captains!!!!!! If I cant get any the tournament will be delayed or cancelled:shout:

Last edited: