New Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Code:
Map			Played
----			------

DesertStorm 		486
Ballistic 		434
Riverbed]l[AL 		328
Siege][ 		320
GolgothaAL 		309
Bridge 			292
Golgotha][AL 		281
Rook 			262
Frigate 		257
Desolate][ 		215
AutoRIP 		213
Mazon 			147
Submarinebase][		119
RiverbedAL 		80
Overlord 		52
Lavafort][ 		52
HiSpeed 		51
OceanFloorAL 		34
AsthenosphereAL		30
GuardiaAL 		11
Asthenosphere		10
Guardia 		8
GekokujouAL][ 		3
OceanFloor 		0

this might tell u something about the type of maps ppl like, aka they dont like shitty spam maps. Change Asthenosphere for the new 1, its already an improvement then. Overlord for OverlordDE. Golg2 will travel down that list soon, its already being completed in less then 3mins cause 1 million launches.

Thats because Snowdunes sucks, as does Coldersteel.

Maps that are OK are:

Saqqara
Dungeons

Maps that suck are:

Tydium
Gekokujou
Snowdunes
Coldersteel
Lavafort

Hope Navarone and LostTemple are good.

Ed. Oh and new Astheno should be added in place of old one(s)

based on what?

Tydium sucks because? i think it's pretty good. lot's of launch posibilities. but not based on just one obj like siege. it's fine for std aswell.

Geko. well however i don't like it it's still a good map.
snowdunes: well the low grav tower is fixed.
coldersteel is a good map expecially after cratos serverside fix.

dont know why you hate golgo2, xb... its one of my fav maps tbh cos of the launch possibilites. btw last match we attacked it in 3:19 and you couldnt attack it in that time. It has always been a ~3min map so I odnt know why you say "its already a <3min map" lol. nvm astheno should be replaced with the SE version (maybe little fix at the obs lounge)

I dont give overlordDE a big chance in this league, nobody really likes it except DoG maybe

Pyke.

The reasons I dont like Tydium is because there are so many possible routes you can take. The only reason it is being defended for such a long time is that nobody knows them yet. If this became a league map in standard (if it hasnt already) and people learn it, this map will be ridiculous to defend. Similar to Siege 3 imo.

I hate Geko, even more that its in Pro. Yhe idea is to get up to the top of a small building with 3 or 4 floors. Each floor gets smaller and you basically need to pass through defenders spawn. In this tower there is every spam weapon possible which makes it almost impossible to attack low. Imo it could do with a solid walkable entry on the far left instead of the main doors which are sniper camped and the water bit which is easy to hold with mini.

I like Saqqara though, with or without the fixes. Certainly has the potential if people are still improving the map.

Astheno new map needs to be added instead of the old ones and without a doubt Dungeons needs to be added as its possibly the best map in a very long time.

Opium, I dont think there is anyone in this league who is in favour of NO new maps at all. Not many dislike dungeons/asthenoSE.

I repeat, I look forward to Navarone and LostTemple. (And AS-Mustard

errr golgo2 wass rushed in when people said they needed new maps, it past the vote through pressure more then anything, imo its one of the worst maps in the league. almost impossible to defend properly, i dont mind dungeons coming in, but i can see the end being another asthenosphere at the end.

WEll i really don like this map either. STAIRS all over whole map LAGGING like frigate 7 years ago. give me less stairs and YES it is imposibble to defend this map vs an organised attacking team for sure.
pld it MANY times and alwasy failes. not a good map at al imo. remove som stairs and make like Siege2 with slopes instead of fuckin stairs might change things a bit or something.

Well this thread was posted cause its kinda borng always play same maps nothing new is created last 2 years on these maps. like under bridge double hamer, double tree rox launch on bridge and so on. Really think Dungoens is a great map and it could be attacked in lots of way EVEN the end part. its like desolate/ballistic which i like both and length of map is PERFECT.More maps like this.

BUT its sad should be that hard getting the map into leauge....

ppl always say map suxx cause they dont know all tricks and obj on the map, they dont even give it a try, only way IMO is force them to play them these new "good" maps for a while like a 3 days on PUG server and then see what ppls say. Not force as league map BUT always force like 1 new map always added in maplist on Pug. then they need to learn it no matter what. after 3-6 days have a vote what they like of map.

good idea?

this might tell u something about the type of maps ppl like, aka they dont like shitty spam maps. Change Asthenosphere for the new 1, its already an improvement then. Overlord for OverlordDE. Golg2 will travel down that list soon, its already being completed in less then 3mins cause 1 million launches.

If astheno is added, it will be either pick either that version or this version (just like guardia and oceanfloor etc)

play them these new "good" maps for a while like a 3 days on PUG server and then see what ppls say. Not force as league map BUT always force like 1 new map always added in maplist on Pug. then they need to learn it no matter what. after 3-6 days have a vote what they like of map.

good idea?

3-6 days might be short
but what about people that don't play pugs ?

ppl always say map suxx cause they dont know all tricks and obj on the map, they dont even give it a try, only way IMO is force them to play them these new "good" maps for a while like a 3 days on PUG server and then see what ppls say.

been there, done that...

siege3, bioNA.... now vampire

ppl dont hate vampire that much because it got 4 objectives only, very easy to figure out

even if bio was a straight line ppl cba to learn how to hammerjump and do sets on the run to get the spammier objectives (tunnel and science corridor)

just imagine what people would say if bridge or siege was proposed for league :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

everyone would go #krise

AS-underwatermissilesilo
AS-Gladiator][
AS-Redemption (worthy map might need a few fixes though)

based on what?

Tydium sucks because? i think it's pretty good. lot's of launch posibilities. but not based on just one obj like siege. it's fine for std aswell.

Geko. well however i don't like it it's still a good map.
snowdunes: well the low grav tower is fixed.
coldersteel is a good map expecially after cratos serverside fix.

Tydium sucks cause u can get the cannonball before you get the other objective, ballistic is the same, you can get the warloader b4 gen, however in this case, is not on the defences route, its off route. I like tydium, but people dont know it too well depsite it being on pug numerous time. I still dont know how to get the cannonball before everything else. i Wouldnt mind tydium if people can learn it and play, but atm, its not an easy to learn map, and thats why people dont like it.

Geko - why is this map good, a bunch of tiny tunnels, and map can be won easily with numerous launches, im sure u can camp 6 people in that final room and defend it forever unless u get unlucky.
Snowdunes - still need launches to get the 2 core thingies, and an organised def at end cant be breached
coldersteel - just sucks, too many objectives, too fast moving. the end part is all about launching

I still dont know how to get the cannonball before everything else. i Wouldnt mind tydium if people can learn it and play, but atm, its not an easy to learn map, and thats why people dont like it.
There's a hole in the roof of the cave you can drop down in iirc.
Geko - why is this map good, a bunch of tiny tunnels, and map can be won easily with numerous launches, im sure u can camp 6 people in that final room and defend it forever unless u get unlucky.
not that easy to spam/defend it forever considering its just closed inside. it's easy to get to the top and it's like the switch at golgoAL to open the dungeons...
Snowdunes - still need launches to get the 2 core thingies, and an organised def at end cant be breached
it's a chokepoint, yeh, but not that hard
coldersteel - just sucks, too many objectives, too fast moving. the end part is all about launching
well.. the end part is supposed to be short, considering the length of the rest of the map IMO.
"too many objs"? lol
only bad thing is it's kinda narrow and against a proper def snowfield will be tricky to get. imo add a ventilation path like at the end of deso

wait for new bio u will likey

kirtsun_02full.gif

Dungeons should be added without a doubt. Can't see any problems with this map.

Ovelord DE would be a possibility but I do still think getting to the boileroom is very spammy, even though there are more launching options to the final switch. One thing which does need a change on this map is the last objective, which atm needs to be touched to end the map - this is really bad imo, and it should be reverted to needing to be damaged to end the map, like the original.

Another thing I noticed is to get the boiler room you need to walk quite a way into the 'boiler room tunnel' itself, I have been killed 1cm many time when i've almost been at the end of that tunnel but the boiler room spawn point still hasnt gone off, bring the trigger further forward!

Last point, if a defender manages to get up to the supershock rifle it's usually game over if they can defend good with it. :D

Last edited:
Golg2 is fine tbh, it's another map and at the end of the day it's not that bad. It can be hard to defend, but with a proper launch defense and a good temple defense it's still hard to attack. I have to agree about the stairs bug though, that is very annoying.

As for geko, i've always found this map to be ok, with a good launch setup.

Coldersteel is the same, organised attack will win it (spammy areas though - maybe some obj/tunnels need to be reworked)

Snowdunes is fine tbh, this should be in the league.

Sakara is also good, I don't see problems with these maps, especially with a few tweaks. People are too fussy, more maps plx!

Last edited:
Sakara is also good, I don't see problems with these maps, especially with a few tweaks. People are too fussy, more maps plx!

not everyone can kill the same defender 3 times before getting anywhere near the objective wish

with an organised defence even the latest version of saqqara is probably impossible to attack (and the pervious versions without the low tunnel + boots are DEFINITELY impossible to attack.)

Torpedo said:
Pyke.

The reasons I dont like Tydium is because there are so many possible routes you can take. The only reason it is being defended for such a long time is that nobody knows them yet. If this became a league map in standard (if it hasnt already) and people learn it, this map will be ridiculous to defend. Similar to Siege 3 imo.

Tydium sucks cause u can get the cannonball before you get the other objective, ballistic is the same, you can get the warloader b4 gen, however in this case, is not on the defences route, its off route. I like tydium, but people dont know it too well depsite it being on pug numerous time. I still dont know how to get the cannonball before everything else. i Wouldnt mind tydium if people can learn it and play, but atm, its not an easy to learn map, and thats why people dont like it.

I don't agree with you and i think you guys just didn't play the map enough.

I partly builded this map aswell and the top is way more dificult to get then you are saying.
1. First of all you have to activate a switch on top which triggers a message. the delay is long enough for defence to suicide and get to the roof. it's intended in that way.
2. Cannonball is designed that you can get it before the first obj. However it's not really likely. The only way is a hammerlaunch from quite close or walk up, take boots and hammer yourself up... I think that will be spotted too. And it's only the second obj.

I don;t get your point with ballistic tho. You're right that you have to breach def routes (however the only thing why def gets the left tele is for posible launches and maybe another weapon) but what's the point of all the obj in siege. The only hard part is the final... and in tydium it's not even the final obj.

As for torp. It's easier to launch up as siege but it's also very hard to get in the underground as you have to trigger the doors first. i even think there won't be very much succesfull launches as it's an ideal sniperspot.

Well from what Ive played on it I've take 5 or 6 different launches just at the start, taking me to all sorts of places. At least in Siege if you get launched you asre only gonna be launched to a few possible places. I dont like maps where there is just too much happening in one whole area. People hide making it hard to defend. I also dont like maps where they are created entirely for launch purpose. That wasnt the idea of assault and the best maps were not created around launching. Launches were developed due to how it was built. Golgotha 2 fails in this as that map imo was built solely to be completed by a launch.

well i just downloaded tydium onto pc so i can actually run through it, now i think its even worse then i originally thought, not only an u skip to cannonball, u can actually skip to underground as well. 2 skips in 1 map = bad idea imo. if u can remove 1 of those skips however, i think the map might actually be good

what happened to that old space map? Orbital was the name I think? Isnt that a nice map and well known?