New Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Dj_AL

-)EaS*
Nov 3, 2002
Lund (Sweden)
We could DEFFO need some new maps into this Leauge as soon as possible as the old maps are kinda boring imo pld every day and always same maps. Why cant we just pick 2-3 more new bigger maps not to big tho and add em. admins u just cant let all representatives vote for maps then there alwasy same maps in this leauge and leauge will die for sure,

im kinda tired playing std maps asweel as was released 1999 and ppl still pick. (booooring)

Why dont just add like

Dungoens imo a very nice map
Navaronne soon finished?? i like i hope =))
losttemple seems nice

and some other

if we vote there will never be any good new maps. ppl dont like maps cause tehey CBA pick em pugs and cba learning new maps. Thats why ppl dont like them. THE only way is to force ppl playing them and to do that is to like always have one of these maps in pugs meaening u cant pick this map or u force this map into leauge.

only way.....

and we need new maps or maybe its time to move on to UT2k8?

Dungeons is currently being voted by clan reps. Navarone won't be ready for weeks yet, and lost temple hasn't been tested much. Although I do agree with you that we need new maps, we can't just add maps without them being voted on.

what proto said, its needs a vote first. But many players/clan reps vote if they like the map or if they dont like it not if the map is league worthy which is kinda :gay:

btw wait for AS-Mustard :)

We played many not league maps on pug and only very few were played more then 2-3 times and ppl enjoyed them so no point bringing them here.

Navarone and LostTemple are not finished yet so no point discussing it yet. Let's play it first a bit and then MAYBE make it league map.

It looks like The Dungeon will be added very soon.

Even if three new maps are added, what are the chances of them getting picked in every match, every time. Even if they are, the majority of the picked maps will still be old because people have been practising them for years and have tricks and launches etc. Remember what happend to SnowDunes? Me neither. I agree with giving people the option... but we have the option on DoG Customs and everyone moans every time a non-league map comes up.

errr golgo2 wass rushed in when people said they needed new maps, it past the vote through pressure more then anything, imo its one of the worst maps in the league. almost impossible to defend properly, i dont mind dungeons coming in, but i can see the end being another asthenosphere at the end.

errr golgo2 wass rushed in when people said they needed new maps, it past the vote through pressure more then anything, imo its one of the worst maps in the league. almost impossible to defend properly, i dont mind dungeons coming in, but i can see the end being another asthenosphere at the end.

:trout:

Thats because Snowdunes sucks, as does Coldersteel.

Maps that are OK are:

Saqqara
Dungeons

Maps that suck are:

Tydium
Gekokujou
Snowdunes
Coldersteel
Lavafort

Hope Navarone and LostTemple are good.

Ed. Oh and new Astheno should be added in place of old one(s)

U could also play a little less pug games ;)
I hardly played the newer maps like desolate, golg 2 so im not fed up with the old maps yet ;)

SnowDunes and Geko are both really enjoyable maps with small problems which don't make them suitable for the league. In SnowDunes it was the endless low grav tower attack and in Geko peopel complained that there were too many launches. Wtf. With these criteria new maps will never get added because AS players are just too anal and perfectionist.

If DJ's point was that this community would probably be a lot bigger now if there were more maps / more variety then I think he's right. Fs I can't face playing bloody Ballistic again :angry:

But every time it comes up to a new map vote (which is VERY rare) you get all these nobs picking at little details as reasons why entire maps should not be eligible for inclusion. Name me a map curently in the league roster with not one flaw. People even still moan about Bridge ffs.

Ignore the bitching and bung in every single custom map currently being rotated in DoG, then maybe they'll all be too confused to complain. At least it will make matches less boring.

u guys should understand that whatever the real reasons are why people cba with new maps, they still don't want them.
so forcing map entry to "bring more people" to the league when u get pissed off the other half of it, might not work that great :P

but i'm all for new good map (i didn't like last one, ie goglo2)