gatlGun - General Comments / Suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ST_minigun2 overrides the function AnimEnd() for state AltFiring:
function AnimEnd ()
{
if ( (AnimSequence != 'Shoot2') || !bAnimLoop )
{
AmbientSound=AltFireSound;
SoundVolume=255 * Pawn(Owner).SoundDampening;
LoopAnim('Shoot2',1.90);
NextFireInterval=0.05;
}
}

This function is missing from gatl_pureminigun2 and is responsible for accelerating mini from 0.08 between bullets to 0.05 after the mini has rotated once. The bullet yield then is approx 22 bullets/sec (1/0.05 +10% from time dilation). Primary fire should be close to 13.75 bullets/sec.

Another thing that is missing is:

at the end of states NormalFire and AltFiring. This line overrides the state code from minigun2 preventing it from contributing bullets. Since this line is missing from gatl_pureminigun2 the bulletrate for both primary and secondary is:

13.75 bullets/sec (corresponding to pure minis primary firerate) + the primary tickdependent firerate of the original mini.

Cheers for clearing that up mym

The reason I am bringing it up timo, or "vomiting" it up is that the purestats mini hasnt had a fair test since it doesnt work correctly, yes I know you said its a known issue, but afaik you thought it was exactly the same in purestats/utpure - it obviously isn't.

I was simply trying to bring it to your attention

Now Polle has explained why the gatlgun purestats emulation doesn't work.. so now it can be fixed ;)

It's 17, also while at it, anyone has UTDCv18dll ? ;]
If it's not too big could you attach it here MyM, thanks.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

Attachments

• UTDCv18dll.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 20