gatlGun - General Comments / Suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yes html but what about the people who get hit by mini shaking about? Or is it just me that it happens to? Instead of lockdown it seems bullets knock ppl about the place :confused:

yeah... at test 1.. i had few times that the minigun pressed me into a corner:o

regular mini also pushes you, only it pushes AND lockdown, so you cant jump or dodge and don't really feel the push

mini test 1 didnt have lockdown (or at least greatly reduced) so you felt the "push" more...

just try shooting your teammate on a server with regular mini, if he doesnt move he is gonna be pushed forward...

Not push html, but it knocks you about. Its like being in a cage and shaken around when u have 2 minigunners hitting you.

I really cant stand any of these tests so far, none of them are better than original mini, I really hope this changes in the next test. hey all totally suck so far.

yeah, horrible mini now at least even tho for some reason it didn't feel like people would have used it excessively for some reason, it was uber powerful tho. i dunno, did people really think we would find a solution which would satisfy everybody when they voted for new mini?

That's why it's a test :P Now we know three configurations that don't work :D

Hopefully we'll get a minigun that A) Doesn't run out of ammo in 2 seconds; B) Kills; C) Doesn't kill in .2 seconds; D) Has reduced lockdown.

The tests running at the moment are not trying to find and fine tune a mini value, they are puerly going through settings that people have previously 'demanded' we use in the league. This is to allow everyone to see what sort of tiw and lockdown settings are available, this is why the tests are varying so much. There are also various bugs or features of some of the lockdown and tiw tests that seem to show up more within AS.

Once the pre-defined profiles have been run through then we will start fine tuning a final minigun if needs be, shouldnt be long now :)

its all bs. the mini has been turned into a complete joke. People not playing pugs coz its worse, ppl not playing pugs etc coz its now shit. shudda just left the feckin thing alone

Hmm after 1 million posts on how the minigun is buggy with lockdown, tick rate and randomness, is it so ironic people still go on about how the "orignal" minigun is so good. It's pathetic, maybe you guys should just do a fresh install of ut, forget about all binds/tricks/launches, just jump around and shoot those things that move around, that way you'll like the original minigun.
The minigun felt good a long time ago because: 1: we were noobs 2: standard maps don't have a lot of mini 3: nobody bothered to look how it works 4: you just enjoyed the game more before because of much bigger competition/audience and new experience at the time, hence you automatically think minigun had to be great also.
I would advise people to consider the amount of work certain individuals are doing to make things better, instead of the stupid "piss off, I want my magic back, cba with your efforts that make me a worse player".

o plz do feck off. i thought u were a decent chap. talk utter bs just learn how to avoid it, be a better minigunner then ur opponent, learn to use rockets, sniper, woteva gun and kill them b4 thewy kill u. You could look at a whole different things within AS that people could moan about and want changing, but what would be the point?just accept the way it is, learn to deal with it

Sq, I didnt care about lockdown originally. There was seriously nothing wrong with original mini imo. All it seems were a few dm'ers and a few assaulters (who struggle to frag) didnt like it when they got owned ;(((((( and complained to admin who has decided to test a few guns out. Tests are good n all but its driving people away imo.

If people cant live with something being tested out for two weeks then tough, this is being done for everybodies benefit whether the outcome be that original minigun is reinstated and the original tiw/LD whiners are then happy that it was tried but didnt work out or that we come to an agreement on another minigun tiw/LD.

Those whining about something being tried out whether they like or dislike the settings arent being helpful. If you cant say something constructive then either dont pug until tests finish or dont say anything.

ATM its planned for one further week of testing :D

Morph, I still consider you a decent chap, even though you seem to think that one post of mine changed all that about me. Before you go blind on your logic, consider reading anyone of the hundreds of posts that show exactly what is wrong with the minigun, people that know the details much better than u and me. If you cba with that either, I can simply show you on a server how I can kill you in less than a second with mini, with u having full health and belt.
Furthermore, it's ironic that both you and torp claim that I, or other ppl pointing out the problems with mini are just people that are not good with mini. I know a lot of players that don't like it, and are great with it, but to keep it simple, I'll just say myself. If you talk to almost anyone in the NA scene, you'll most like hear a "cry me a river" song on how I raped them with mini. I can actually rape with mini even with freaking 120 ping on uta a lot of players that claim are good with mini. Does that mean I will ignore the fact that is is buggy weapon anyway? I wasn't particularly happy at the beggining when they put cb12 in naat, since that actually nerfs the mini way too much imo, but I still played. I could still beat players, with one gun or another.
Start thinking about others for a second, and you will see what the right thing to do is.
And morpheus, if your reply is another "what is this bs, f.. off" then maybe I'll start considering what I think about you too...

Edit: to reinforce mym's point, if you can't even cba testing smth that can help someone, imo your ego is way to strong, so you should probably just go back to school to learn how to be a decent human being.

Last edited:
Tests are good, annoying in the beginning but the outcome is most certain better for all.

Same goes for maps... people always whine about new maps till they learn them and find out that it's actually better.
The admins will also realize which gun is the best and without proper testing nobody knows what's best.

Squirrel, None of the 100s of posts suggest that it is wrong, just opinion. If you dont like lockdown then thats your problem, shouldnt be changed imo. I hate how flak boucnes around 7 walls and 1 chard hits me without me knowing and most of my health vanishes. GET RID PLEASE :shout:. Its just some stupid dmers who think its wrong. Lets face it they're never going to be happy until objectives are remvoed ad its becomes Assault Deathmatch with weapons THEY want and in the place THEY want.

aye i still do squizz lol that was just me in angry writing. nothign against u, just this is all bs. like torp said flak is bs lets spray a gun off 7 walls and eventually kill sum1 with 1hp....wheres the skill in that??? nothing should be changed, barf oh well just my opinion :D