gatlGun - General Comments / Suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

aye i still do squizz lol that was just me in angry writing. nothign against u, just this is all bs. like torp said flak is bs lets spray a gun off 7 walls and eventually kill sum1 with 1hp....wheres the skill in that??? nothing should be changed, barf oh well just my opinion :D

stu just got ownedby my flak in a 3v3 :moon:

flak bouncing is an intended feature and no it doesnt bounce 7 times...

hitting someone that you dont even see with a single shrapnel bounce is pure luck and generally a pretty rare event (once every 400 flakshots)

lockdown, on its own, and especially in conjugation with minigun is considered by many to be a bug in ut ; and by many people a feature that makes the gun far too powerfull and a perfect weapon in virtually ANY situation.

I played a pug yesterday and I agree with XB and pykenike. The minigun emptied fast. To stop launches on siege I had to basically camp at attackers second spawn so I could throw weapon and pick up a new one. + I'm not sure if people had low health or if the minigun was very strong with primary fire?

current mini is a joke.. its meant to be purestats but its not been done right IMO.. or at least the code it copied/emulates is not right - cos its not like it is in purestats in DM.. so the current test (#3) is completely useless and should be ignored

like MyM said.. the current testing is just to get an idea of different things that can be done, some good some not so good.. personally i want a closed test away from the "omfg this is shit" whiners.. but there ya go :/

The PureStats mini in gatl is the same code from the Purestats minigun, but because the UTPure NoLockdown hasn't been implemented, and it's using the CB12 style NoLockdown instead (which is what you should be refering to as "a joke"), it won't "feel" the same.

If you run UTPure without NoLockdown, and Purestats mini, then switch back to gatl Purestats profile, it will be exactly the same.

I've already proven this between actual CB12 and the CB12 profile in gatl, if you want me to waste time, I can do the same with Purestats.

Last edited:
Sorry timo, but the purestats mini in the gatl mutator does not match the one found in purestats/utpure

primary fire is exactly the same in the gatl mutator, however, testing on noob server - the purestats mini in TDM does not have the same fire rates.. in the TDM one I found ~22/sec for 2ndry and ~16/sec for primary

however the one in gatl mutator gives ~22/sec for both

this is what i'm referring to.. its not a fair test for the settings as primary is very very accurate, so there is absolutely no reason to use 2ndry fire with this profile

I know you say you asked about this.. but you obviously havent tested the proper purestats mod on a server and just fired the guns

What version of purestat did the gatl_pureminigun2 come from?

I did a comparison of gatlgun17 and purestat7G:

- Purestat mini has primary fire interval of 0.05 seconds and secondary fire interval of 0.08 seconds.
- gatlgun has primary and secondary fire interval of 0.08 seconds. However the original tick-dependent code hasnt been disabled so theres a full contribution of non-TIW bullets.
- Damage per bullet has been halved for both miniguns compared to the original.

minigun feels shit as it is now just keep it to the original fs

realy i kno this is a test and all but it makes pugs very unenjoyable
mini in primary outclasses sniperrifles in zoom and secondary is completely useless even on closest distances
also the ammo usage (especialy of secondary) is anoying cos u often cant even gun down a single enemy with ur usual 80+-something ammo u get...

What version of purestat did the gatl_pureminigun2 come from?
7G

- gatlgun has primary and secondary fire interval of 0.08 seconds. However the original tick-dependent code hasnt been disabled so theres a full contribution of non-TIW bullets.

I don't understand where you're seeing this, please explain.

If you mean "if ( FireInterval < 0.0 )" should be "while ( FireInterval < 0.0)" then please elaborate.

I take it neither you nor uZi read my first post in this thread, which would explain why gatl *may* be implementing ST incorrectly:
Purestats Minigun quite interestingly has the same primary fire rate as secondary firing, and is calculated at 7.692b/s for the first tick, then 12.5b/s for subsequent ticks... I'd be half tempted to say that there is a bug in the code here and that the primary is supposed to be constant 7.692b/s, and secondary at the 12.5b/s. There are NO momentum alterations from the minigun (i.e. uses the default calculation as AS140), since the NoLockdown is controlled & fixed by UTPure's player classes.

The code in ST_minigun2 (7G Purestats) has FireInterval = 0.13; NextFireInterval = 0.08; set for both Primary and Secondary fire??

I've read what you've written, but I don't think you're reading what I'm saying:

load a server with utpure7g and purestats.. making sure you actually set the packages correctly. Then try the minigun with both pimrary and secondary fire.. time how long it takes to fire 199 bullets for each and work out the rough firerates

then do the same with gatlgun

then tell me theyre the same... I dont care what the code says.. you've got it wrong

realy i kno this is a test and all but it makes pugs very unenjoyable
mini in primary outclasses sniperrifles in zoom and secondary is completely useless even on closest distances
also the ammo usage (especialy of secondary) is anoying cos u often cant even gun down a single enemy with ur usual 80+-something ammo u get...

i also know this is a test , but the mini gun is stupid atm on pug , feels really buggy , sometimes you aim on someone for a long time and not a single bullet hits , other times they die in 0.1 seconds its stupid man

funnily enough, last time i checked (yesterday) gatl gun wasnt even running.. maybe itsv back on the setting it was on before? :P

I've read what you've written, but I don't think you're reading what I'm saying

Actually you clearly didn't read the whole of what I put, since I already said there may be an issue with the purestats implementation due to something else I didn't factor into gatl, so no need to keep vomiting the same stuff.