expensive pc

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Gazzy said:
For the gear in the system, you couldnt get it much cheaper if u bought all the components seperately imo

But then, since EmoHumph is so special, im sure hed find a "way".

Yeah like the back of a lorry???

It is probably just a marketing gimmick that they knocked up. Knowing very well that nobody would buy one, but it would get much attention to their site and maybe if they get lucky somebody would buy one. :)

I am with humph tbh

I am well aware that the system is indeed very nice - but that doesn't change the fact that it's grotesquely overpriced and no one in their right mind would buy one.

My "Complete piece of shit" comment was metaphorical.

Anyway, let's see what we actually have here:

Voodoo Renowned Cabling System --- pointless

Voodoo Disaster Recovery System II --- pointless. The sort of person who would buy a machine like this does nothing 'important with it anyway.

Voodoo EDGE Mousing Surface --- Pointless.

Voodoo Koeskin System Binder --- Fancy marketing name for a CD Wallet full of driver disks.

Free VoodooPC T-Shirt --- Well, whoopdie fucking doo.

IS09001:2000 Quality Control Standards --- Well no fucking shit for that price. I should hope so too.

Voodoo MAGA Aluminium Chassis --- Because your case makes such a difference :rolleyes:

Voodoo Illuminated Mask & Airbox --- More poitnless aesthetics. You don't need a pile of fancy looking shit for an air intake.

Eye of the Storm and Electric Veins --- Fancy marketing name for a sheet of perspex and some pretty glowing wires.

ASUS A8R-32 MVP ATi Crossfire Motherboard --- Our first meaningful bit of hardware! A quick googling reveals a retail price in the region of £130

Voodoo Stealth 650 Watt Modular Silent Power Supply --- Do you really need a silent PSU? Even if the answer is yes, then we can add £72 otherwise, a bog-standandard 650 Watt PSU can be snapped up around £20, I kid you not.

AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core --- At [SIZE=-1]£589.95 [/SIZE]this isn't a worth while investment, with far cheaper options available that are almost just as good - but for the sake building a system with the same levels of performance, I'll keep it.

Voodoo OMEN Supercharged Intercooler --- Water cooling kit. You could easily watercool your machine for less than £200, but for the sake of trying to look VoodooPC's pricing look a little less rediculous, I'm willing to double that and spend £400!

Purple Voodoo super coolant --- Also known as coloured water (maybe with some anti-corrosion chemicals thrown in too!)

4 Gig Corsair 3500LL Pro Memory Kit --- Corsair? Traditionally amongst the most expensive RAM Retailers... but oh well. Add £400 of what could easily be done for £200 or less.

500 GiG HGST Sata 7200 RPM
500 GiG HGST Sata 7200 RPM --- Four of these fuckers? Unless you're totally incapable managing your disks, there's no way you could legitimately use up all of this space. £202.95 a piece even though Maxtor offers a drive of identical spec for £161.95.... Also, if we really are going to have FOUR seperate drives in a desktop machine, I would personally NOT have 4 huge things at 7200 RPM, but 2 at 7200 and 2 at 10,000, which would be £256 and £193. Sure, we lose 500 gigs of space, but isn't this system geared towards being a performance gaming machine? It looks more like a file server right now!

OMEN Molded Digital Card Reader --- Oh fuck off. These things cost nothing. £20 tops.

Pioneer Dual Layer 16X DVD+-RW
Pioneer Dual Layer 16X DVD+-RW --- £49 for both.

ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512 SS
ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512 SS --- I'm dead against linking two cards together. There are hundreds of compatibility and stability issues with this, and some games actually play SLOWER with two cards, not to mention a plethora of other problems. Approx £290 a piece.

Logitech Harmony Remote 680 --- Why do you need this? Piss off.

46" Samsung Syncmaster 8ms Gaming LCD --- 46 inch?? Good way to burn off all the additional performance your overpriced graphics cards might have given you. Good way to completely fill your desk too. I wouldn't even want something like that. Scrapped in favour of a 21" LCD. £469.95 I want a monitor to sit on my desk, not a TV screen.

Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro --- Do you really need this? I certainly dont, but it's a good waste of £160. £20 would have done the job for me.

Voodoo SOUL 5.1 Wood Pro Monitor Speakers (Not Paintable) ---Irrelevant

Voodoo OMEN Metal Travel Box with wheels --- Travel box? Like you'd ever dare take something so expensive out of your house! Irrelevant.

Complimentary 1st Class Worldwide Shipping --- Irrelevant

Microsoft Media Center 2005 Kit Including Hauppage NTSC Tuners
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
FUEL Software Essentials v2.0
Logitech DiNovo Media Desktop Bluetooth
Logitech® G7 Laser Cordless Mouse
MOMO Steering Wheel & Pedals
Intelligent LCD Display MX233
1 Year Voodoo Desktop Warranty Policy
Desktop Silver Upgrade Policy --- I think we can safely ignore all of these. They're nothing special. We can pick up a mouse and keyboard from anywhere, and pretty much any mouse will do no wireless shit for me thanks.

Right, so... Lets add up my numbers on this.

Making allowances for a case, software (assuming we're not just going to pirate it all) and other bullshit such as speakers, headsets, whatever, I price this system at NOT A PENNY over £3000.

And that's going all the way, choosing the more expensive options. You could easily build this system for under £2300, and lower still if you were willing to make some compromises.

Now look at those numbers.

£2300.
£3000.

Now look at their numbers.
£12,716

'Nuff said.

What Humph said.

You're already a moron if you buy a high-end system for about E2500 (excluding monitor) every year or so, but buying a E20.000,- system is just retarded. The reason?

Hardware improvements go fast, in two years your ubersystem won't be able to run the latest games at superultramegamega high with 200+ fps anymore (real high-end morons don't settle for less as they can magically spot differences between 70 and 200+ fps) and you'll get a new high-end system for another E2500 because you can't deal with the fact that someone might have a faster PC than you for a third of the price you got it at.

Now, if you get a good mid-ranged system like mine, you'll pay E600,- (excluding monitor) and be able to go with the latest games for at least a year, and then another year or two with some minor overclocks and slightly less settings turned to max. Depending on the latest needs, you might even make some minor upgrades for E200,- tops.

Having said that, I'd sure love to have that PC!

I can get a new car and a drivers license for that price, though.

Gazzy said:
For the gear in the system, you couldnt get it much cheaper if u bought all the components seperately imo

But then, since EmoHumph is so special, im sure hed find a "way".

Emohumph ...... haha, now that is going to be an game nick for me in BF2 when i feel the pressure and need to release some tears.

Foo said:
Emohumph ...... haha, now that is going to be an game nick for me in BF2 when i feel the pressure and need to release some tears.

Mock all you like, but fact is, it took no thought whatsoever to find a 'way' of getting that system cheaper.

Menace said:
What Humph said.

You're already a moron if you buy a high-end system for about E2500 (excluding monitor) every year or so, but buying a E20.000,- system is just retarded. The reason?

Hardware improvements go fast, in two years your ubersystem won't be able to run the latest games at superultramegamega high with 200+ fps anymore (real high-end morons don't settle for less as they can magically spot differences between 70 and 200+ fps) and you'll get a new high-end system for another E2500 because you can't deal with the fact that someone might have a faster PC than you for a third of the price you got it at.

Now, if you get a good mid-ranged system like mine, you'll pay E600,- (excluding monitor) and be able to go with the latest games for at least a year, and then another year or two with some minor overclocks and slightly less settings turned to max. Depending on the latest needs, you might even make some minor upgrades for E200,- tops.

Having said that, I'd sure love to have that PC!

I can get a new car and a drivers license for that price, though.
Indeed, just get a decent motherboard,psu and middlepriced cpu, just check that the cpusockets aren't outdated(like the S939 vs S754)

Gazzy said:
Next time you feel the need to buy a new machine, make sure a friend helps you buy it.

You're not buying that system cheaper, youre buying a similar spec system for less. The fact is there are plenty of people around that will pay a lot extra for that extra 1-2% performance and functions that the system offers especially if they have the cash.

And the fact you dismissed the HD space, remote, XPMCE shows me you totally overlooked the systems use, its not a desktop pc as u have priced up, its more a media system that would be the centre of a living room, hence large screen, MCE remote, HD space for file storage etc.

I could in no way justify a system like that but like someone previously said its a marketing gimmick, it gains them attention and im sure some of those parts will get added to seperate systems.

MeetYourMaker said:
You're not buying that system cheaper, youre buying a similar spec system for less. The fact is there are plenty of people around that will pay a lot extra for that extra 1-2% performance and functions that the system offers especially if they have the cash.

And the fact you dismissed the HD space, remote, XPMCE shows me you totally overlooked the systems use, its not a desktop pc as u have priced up, its more a media system that would be the centre of a living room, hence large screen, MCE remote, HD space for file storage etc.

I could in no way justify a system like that but like someone previously said its a marketing gimmick, it gains them attention and im sure some of those parts will get added to seperate systems.

Thankyou for giving me a decent post to read. :thumb:

You're right, it is a media center, but even so - that remote is hardly expensive and the other hard drives only add an extra 200 or so, so you could STILL build a system of the same spec for a price WELL below what they have marked up.

I made a rather silly mistake in looking at the price of the system, which i didnt realise was actually 20,000 euros :lol:

I agree there is no way anyone in their right mind would bother spending that much money on a PC, ive had the same pc for 3.5 years now (except a couple of components which died) and it does the job!

Still, humph ur a whinging, boring, antagonising waste of time, just my oppinion im afraid, im sure you love me 2 ;) You always seem to try so hard to be "different", for what exactly? :lol:

And Rob1oo1o1o1o1o1oo1o1o1o1o1o1, i seriously mis-read the price and only scanned the components (i just wanted to post sth to have a dig at humpy boy, sorry :P ), regardless, theres only one word i really need to say in response to anything you can ever say, Hull. :bounce:

Gazzy said:
I made a rather silly mistake in looking at the price of the system, which i didnt realise was actually 20,000 euros :lol:

I agree there is no way anyone in their right mind would bother spending that much money on a PC, ive had the same pc for 3.5 years now (except a couple of components which died) and it does the job!

Still, humph ur a whinging, boring, antagonising waste of time, just my oppinion im afraid, im sure you love me 2 ;) You always seem to try so hard to be "different", for what exactly? :lol:

And Rob1oo1o1o1o1o1oo1o1o1o1o1o1, i seriously mis-read the price and only scanned the components (i just wanted to post sth to have a dig at humpy boy, sorry :P ), regardless, theres only one word i really need to say in response to anything you can ever say, Hull. :bounce:

You're lucky the Rep system was removed.