Battlefield 2142

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I dun understand all that crap :sofa:

and i havent had any unlocks in ages! :(

So go up in ranks.. aka get more points, awards can give quite a lot of points and make you rank up quite fast.

In BF, go to BFHQ and click "Awards".

Then check badges (and possibly ribbons) for stuff which is almost full/completed, you prolly miss "IoR" (In On Round) stuff.
Most awards have multiple requirements, something hard/long like hours or a number of heals/supplies etc. And something easier which can be obtained in a single round. First you need to meet the bigger requirements, once you meet those you need to do the IoR stuff.

Go hunt some badges!

I dun understand all that crap :sofa:

and i havent had any unlocks in ages! :(

So go up in ranks.. aka get more points, awards can give quite a lot of points and make you rank up quite fast.

In BF, go to BFHQ and click "Awards".

Then check badges (and possibly ribbons) for stuff which is almost full/completed, you prolly miss "IoR" (In On Round) stuff.
Most awards have multiple requirements, something hard/long like hours or a number of heals/supplies etc. And something easier which can be obtained in a single round. First you need to meet the bigger requirements, once you meet those you need to do the IoR stuff.

Go hunt some badges!

I've checked your stats and the awards n all, here is what you should do:

Play titan on a crowded server, about 48-64 people.
Pick assault kit, make sure you pick the defib + shotgun.
Spawn on the titan and jump down and instantly open the parachute for: Halo Ribbon: 20 points.
When the titan shields go down, stay on your own titan and defend the consoles.
Check if any squads are on defense aswell and join it.
Check the corridors leading to the consoles, put a medic hub where people are close together.
Your primary task will be to heal and revive teammates.
Once you get 8 healing points in a round, you will get the Bronze Medic Excellence Badge: 20 points.
Once you get 10 healing points in a round, you will get the Silver Medic Excellence Badge: 500 points.
Since you will be playing the assault kit, assault time keeps ticking.
If you play the assault kit for 2 more hours and get 20 kills in a round, you will get the Silver Assault Service Badge: 500 points.

At any point in the game, try to get pistol kills for Bronze Pistol Commendation Badge: 20 points. You will also get a Firearm Efficiency Pin: 5 points.

When you have a new unlock to pick, pick the "PK-74 AR-Rocket" for assault. As assaulter equip defib + rockets for pwnage.
With that new unlock, go attack their titan and try to get 8 kills inside it for Bronze Titan Combat Excellence Badge: 20 points.

Keep joining squads as you need 4 more hours as squadmember to be eligible for Meritorious Unit Service Ribbon: 500 points.

Just like with the medic thing on titan defense do the same as support with the ammo hub, get 8 resupplies for Bronze Resupply Service Badge: 20 points.

Also look into engineer n recon stuff since you don't have any bronze with those either.

All the points added up for ribbons n badges: 1605 points. (Not counting kills and such)

With 1605 points you go up atleast 3 ranks, possibly 4.

Last edited:
nice lex, cheers, really appreciate that.

been playing titan, and noones been attacking! all dont by sillos, grr.

we need to get on ts again as a squad and go own some

Another great pile of shit .... 360MB patch just for this:

- Fixed an exploit that would allow commanders to call Orbital and EMP strikes before it had fully recharged.
- The Clark RDX Shotgun can now detonate other nearby explosives.
- EU Assault Rifle recoil and deviation have been slightly reduced.
- Bianchi and Shuko LMGs recoil reduced.
- Clark Shotgun rate of fire increased.
- Added an autosave to kit customisations. After you customise a kit and spawn in with that kit, the customisation will be automatically saved until you change it and spawn in again. Note that you must spawn in with a particular kit for it to be saved.

In 1.25 they totally fucked up support class heavy machine guns which are uber useless now.
At CombatTesting They got great bugs, glitches and exploits database which we reported for EA during patch 1.25 and NS beta tests. They didn't fixed even bloody 10% but made PAC and EU machine guns more equal with damage rate by lowering that one which was higher .... seriously. They 'fixing' totally useless things still leaving all shit like glitches in game. Huge fuck off EA/DICE!

The one and only useful position in this patch is:
- Added an autosave to kit customisations. After you customise a kit and spawn in with that kit, the customisation will be automatically saved until you change it and spawn in again. Note that you must spawn in with a particular kit for it to be saved.

no wai ... the only way to get rid of it after beta tests are over is to reinstall BF.

i'm playing everyday so just poke me on IRC or come to my TS server where i'm always when in BF

w00t played last night for the first time in months.

Got the shit fragged out of me most of the time, and my controls are all over the place.

My rank at the moment is poor, something like Assistant Potato Peeler - but I've had a medic unlock I think. Good post Lex :thumb: Some good ideas on how to progress.

Need to put some serious hours into it. Hrm

w00t played last night for the first time in months.

Got the shit fragged out of me most of the time, and my controls are all over the place.

My rank at the moment is poor, something like Assistant Potato Peeler - but I've had a medic unlock I think. Good post Lex :thumb: Some good ideas on how to progress.

Need to put some serious hours into it. Hrm

I was quite surprised to see you on the server yesterday since I havent seen you before.
Was nice playing with ya, did you understand what was going on? And understood why I've sent some orders (me being Squad Leader)?

btw, did the voip work and did you hear me?
I hope it was working cuz I was giving you some pointers lol

If you need more help/tips/etc you could always ask me and I'm the same goes for Brajan.

1 - i got your dogtag martz :P
2 - our squad was teh best!!!!
3 - was idd fun
4 - was surprised as well

:)