Battlefield 2142

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

because they don't give you as much details as this one
It's way easier to track your progress for awards and combat stats.
Just my opinion :P

In the BF2142 Folder there is a file called "Sound_client.zip", I checked it and found the music.. but also voice stuff.
Some soundfiles start with "AUTO_MOOD", it's stuff about incoming grenades, lack of healthpack, etc etc etc... thing is, I've never heard most of em.

Any way I can enable those?

Hmm interesting .... never checked it tbh but i know one thing for sure .... don't mess with those files.
I think PunkBuster is checking them so any crc difference will lead you to the guid or hw ban.

Anyway .... i'll check ir when i'm back home.

Hmm interesting .... never checked it tbh but i know one thing for sure .... don't mess with those files.
I think PunkBuster is checking them so any crc difference will lead you to the guid or hw ban.

Googling results in nothing... Guess nobody found out or cares.

bah, why do EA programmers suck at life, suddenly now I can't play as when loading any map at the same point each time, about 2/3s through it crashes and locks up my whole pc, nothing has done this before!

Checked EA forums amongst others where many people are having the same problem and official reply is... "err .. we're looking into it" fs

Found anything?

bah, why do EA programmers suck at life, suddenly now I can't play as when loading any map at the same point each time, about 2/3s through it crashes and locks up my whole pc, nothing has done this before!

Checked EA forums amongst others where many people are having the same problem and official reply is... "err .. we're looking into it" fs

Nothing here, except for a very rare "sanity check" (no joke) error which appears to mostly happen at Cebere Landing (or something). Doesn't crash/lock my entire computer though, just BF2142.

Periodically try again, tried different servers/maps multiplayer/single, same each time, same point, 2/3s through the game freezes. If I ctrl alt del quick enough it shows as not responding and I can close it, but i thought maybe it needs a bit longer to load that bit so I leave it and those times it crashes the whole pc and alt tab/ctrl alt del etc have no effect.

I wanna play! :(

Change name of the "Battlefield2142" folder in your "My documents". BF will recreate it when you launch the game and join some server for "Optimising shaders ... " thingie.

See if it works :/
If not .... maybe some BurnIn test on your PC would show something?
Drivers problem?
Game reinstall?

Nope, didn't work :(

Will run some tests later.

Wouldn't have though it be a driver problem as it was working for a couple of days with the new patch and then suddenly it just ... stopped, between rounds I think. Will try a reinstall later :(

Aye ... fighting commander :nono:
I was kinda surprised i found you on polish server yesterday :)
I didn't knew you playing there until you came into my crosshair lol. This server is in my favourites and i'm playing there quite often.

One thing bothers me .... how 2 commanders can deploy 3 air strikes in less then 1 minute?
Happened yesterday and i was seriously WTF?!

Last edited:
Aye ... fighting commander :nono:
I was kinda surprised i found you on polish server yesterday :)
I didn't knew you playing there until you came into my crosshair lol. This server is in my favourites and i'm playing there quite often.

One thing bothers me .... how 2 commanders can deploy 3 air strikes in less then 1 minute?
Happened yesterday and i was seriously WTF?!

I wasn't a fighting commander.

First I was indeed fighting yes, but I was just a Squad Leader.
Then I noticed our side didn't have a commander and applied.
Since then I didn't fight unless people (usually just 1 or 2) attacked the homebase, so that was only defensive fighting. Rest was fully redirected squads, supplies, arty.. etc etc, the usual commanding business.