gatlGun - General Comments / Suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I must say from #naat experience that indeed the CB12 settings , leading to a nerfed mini (balenced imo)

indeed led to a mjor increase in sniper usage AND dbl enforcers usage, especially amongst "top players", me not being one of them.

I believe that perhaps a setting inbetween would be best but it looks like such a setting will be tested in a near future so gg :thumb:

pug seems lot less attractive with this settings, last time I pld (yesterday) mini was weakned so it altered gameplay. You cant even minigun some1 at balisstic gen down before he can flack it :s

A) Morpheus this isn't the place to single out certain individuals, there were many people who caused a fuss and I won't have IAC admins singling out and taking unecessary shots at people in any area of the league including forums and IRC. So please, play nicely.
B) It seems the vast majority are in favor of ridding ourselves of this gatgun17 - would a server admin kindly do so when they get the chance?
C) Enough complaining already - this is a TRIAL which is meant to help improve the league (although it's obvious some would like to debate whether or not that's the effect) and it's necessary that we try it, test it, and attempt to improve it. Every trial we pug we can better help diagnose problems and create an effective weapon, so be patient and pardon the testing, the more comprehensive feedback you give the sooner it'll be over with and the sooner we come to an effective solution.

like I said, im prepared to load it onto the noob server for some testing in an evening, if people want me to pm me on IRC or post here (might even make a thread to arrange a time)

And I mean we'll actually play maps like ballistic, riverbed etc which are mini based.. get feedback after a few maps.. then change settings and try again - yes i know this will be boring.. but if you're prepared to help, fine ;)

Finally @ timo - yes, the cb12 nolockdown fix doesnt remove it, only reduces.. which is the effect we were looking for.. and tbh i think it is a lot more balanced.. obviously the only way to completely remove lockdown, is to go for the purestats method of editing each player class - which takes a lot of time and effort.. if the reduced lockdown is preferred then this isnt a problem

My main issue with the minigun on the server atm is that it doesnt really fire enough bullets per second

Also, while people are mentioning dual enforcers... why are we still using double enforcers from spawning? - spawn protection deals with the issue fine

why not spawn with single enforcer (maybe with 60 bullets instead of 30.. also this would help with the increased mini firerate as more ammo would be available without the need for more ammo packs) and spawn protection.. there isnt any need for both imo - i've brought this up before.. but no one seemed up for discussing it

A) Morpheus this isn't the place to single out certain individuals, there were many people who caused a fuss and I won't have IAC admins singling out and taking unecessary shots at people in any area of the league including forums and IRC. So please, play nicely.

IAC has nothing to do with it, it is my own free opinion of what i see everyday and how i feel it has become.

you constantly take cheap shots at me, I demand an apology!

smant, complaining is fine, this is a general comments section. On the other hand, simply whining and or bashing on people/admins/server/mod isn't constructive.

Morph of course we live in free countries where one can freely state his opinion, and even worse we're on the internet where one can freely state his "opinion" even if its not really his opinion... Anyway, just to say... flaming me won't stop me from being here or posting here and it won't stop the minigun testing. So if you want to flame me why don't you do everyone a favor and use pm's or whatever.

Now a question for the admins in charge, do you know how long each profile will be tested or is that to be determined depending on the feedback from players?

it isnt a flame im just saying what i think. Thought to keep it all happy il stay quiet, on net or not if i new u in rl and u pld this game and had same attitude id tell u to ur face lol, bein on net means jack shit. bahh i cba il stay stum

First off, smantie your point A and B contradict each other, we cant remove gatlgun and test mini settings at same time, we use gatl to test mini settings so not sure what you are getting at there.

As for profiles, first profile was left on a bit longer than was expected due to minor issues arising, such as message fix which required a new version and people complaining about binds etc. At least now they have been fixed or ppl are aware of workarounds we should be going through the remining profiles more quickly although sometimes im slow in changing it over due to other reasons :D

like I said, im prepared to load it onto the noob server for some testing in an evening, if people want me to pm me on IRC or post here (might even make a thread to arrange a time)

And I mean we'll actually play maps like ballistic, riverbed etc which are mini based.. get feedback after a few maps.. then change settings and try again - yes i know this will be boring.. but if you're prepared to help, fine ;)

Finally @ timo - yes, the cb12 nolockdown fix doesnt remove it, only reduces.. which is the effect we were looking for.. and tbh i think it is a lot more balanced.. obviously the only way to completely remove lockdown, is to go for the purestats method of editing each player class - which takes a lot of time and effort.. if the reduced lockdown is preferred then this isnt a problem

My main issue with the minigun on the server atm is that it doesnt really fire enough bullets per second

Also, while people are mentioning dual enforcers... why are we still using double enforcers from spawning? - spawn protection deals with the issue fine

why not spawn with single enforcer (maybe with 60 bullets instead of 30.. also this would help with the increased mini firerate as more ammo would be available without the need for more ammo packs) and spawn protection.. there isnt any need for both imo - i've brought this up before.. but no one seemed up for discussing it

NOOB SERVER OWNS DO IT

B) It seems the vast majority are in favor of ridding ourselves of this gatgun17 - would a server admin kindly do so when they get the chance?

Just to clarify; it doesn't matter which version is on the server (0.16 through to 0.18) - each contains the core profiles that we're going to be testing.

The version you used on DoG server was simply running the default profile, which will have already been tested on the Pug server.

whatever was running on the pug server a couple of hours ago was awful, the minigun was like a sniper in that it pumps a full clip in 1 second and was extremely strong. i have no prob with it being strong i just dont like that its empty in seconds:P

my comments up to now:

mini test 1 : best up to now I believe

mini test 2: I have mixed comments on this one, at start it had the same feeling as test 1 but somehow a cpl of days later it felt like lockdown was back on :/ but I didn't play with that setting too much to be 100% sure. It looked better then default mini but perhaps a little less fun then mini test 1.

mini test 3: a completly different way of fighting that no one has adapted to yet..... I will not bullshit saying its pure crap, if people got used to it, I guess it could make a better weapon. But right now I do feel that mini ammo runs out far too fast. It's very common now to run out of ammo during a fight just because you're used to a certain time duration in wich you can fire. And the increase in the rate of fire must be kinda huge to be felt like that. (I guess at least 25%) So overall comment for test 3? Right now very annoying, but if we got used to it MIGHT be ok.

Yes html but what about the people who get hit by mini shaking about? Or is it just me that it happens to? Instead of lockdown it seems bullets knock ppl about the place :confused: