World of Warcraft

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I thought there would only be a closed EU beta, but theres no information yet about any europian beta's according to the blizzard site.

Raft^ said:
I thought there would only be a closed EU beta, but theres no information yet about any europian beta's according to the blizzard site.
There'll be a beta.. on the EU wow site it actually says that you get a key for the EU Open Beta if you pre-order the game.

anybody got plans for a Guild @ retail version?

I'm gonna be creating one with a friend of mine (Horde)... and kinda looking for ppl :)

Yer Menace but what if u dont pre order it? Cuz i still dunow what happens if u buy it, do u still got to pay monthly then?

ye monthly server fees sounds rather obvious to me, though I dunno the details of wow

Me neither but i would like to know how much it's gunna be per month before i pre order it and find out i can play for just a few months.

Toa$ter said:
ye monthly server fees sounds rather obvious to me, though I dunno the details of wow
I think it's either $12 or $15, so I think we can be sure of a fee that'll be either €10 or €12 in Europe.
DaTeL said:
anybody got plans for a Guild @ retail version?
I'm staying with my Beta guild; "Khadgar's Rage" which is pretty much the toughest PvP guild on the Alliance side in the closed beta, but we might go Horde in retail.. not sure :)

you'll have to pay monthly no mattter how you buy the game

if you pre-order though, you will have guaranteed access to the european open beta (which is free and lasts until the retail version starts)
Furthermore, the collector's edition will contain 2 copies of the game (CD and DVD) and a 10-day-free-pass..... so you can give it to a friend and get him hooked up too :D

btw, concerning the Guild..... I'd like to hook up with u guys in the game (preferrably the eu-open-beta) to see how we go along
some ppl just don't go together... and I only want ppl with a good attiture in my/our guild :D

edit: Menace, u got a movie of ur Onyxia-attempt? were u guys in any of the already-online raids?:D or u didnt even try? :nono:
:)

edit2: payment will be in month-terms as far as I know.... might be shorter in the retail, but deffo not longer
hmm..... I heard there's a month free of playing going with every WoW... dunno if that's still applicible

edit3:
http://en.wow-europe.com/
World of Warcraft European Launch Plans Announced! - 22/11/2004
Blizzard is pleased to announce that World of Warcraft will release in Europe in early 2005. This will follow a final beta test, which is currently scheduled to start in December 2004.

At launch the game will be available in two versions: standard and collector's edition. The suggested retail price for the standard box is 44.99€, and for the collector's edition is 69.99€. Both versions include a free one-month subscription to the game.

After the initial free one-month subscription ends, players will be able to continue playing under one of three different subscription plans. The month-to-month subscription plan will cost 12.99€ per month, the three-month plan will cost 11.99€ per month, and the six-month plan will cost 10.99€ per month. All of the announced European prices include VAT.

For more details about the European launch plans click here to read the press release.

Last edited:
DaTeL said:
edit: Menace, u got a movie of ur Onyxia-attempt? were u guys in any of the already-online raids?:D or u didnt even try? :nono:
I have a movie, but it's not exclusively ours or anything :)
I don't know any guild that'd try to take on Onyxia with just their guild. we have 12 or so lvl 60 players and about 10 on 50+
They (the Alliance) couldn't even take down Onyxia with ~45-50 players at roughly lvl 56-60.. :(
We've raided some towns with our guild before though :)
And we'll probably do another one soon (I hope! :D)

:D

anyways , anybody have a pre-order link? tried amazon but they couldnt deliver to my adress (netherlands)

standard game = €49,99
collectors' = €69,99

however if you're going to need 2 anyway (like me+my brother)..... the collectors' is much better as it contains 2 copies :)

note: those 2 copies from the collectors' will still need you to pay-per-month twice!

note2: (see piccy) boredom strikes..... :D

Attachments

• WoW.jpg
    WoW.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited: