Window in window Team View

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

<----didnt get carried with the fairness issue :lol:

But I still stand my point that this MOD makes the game a Multiple-person PoV shooter instead of strictly first person. Me dont likes that. That my main argument, pretty much an abrreviated statement of what I said above and IMO probably the main issue with actually using the MOD if it (And probably will) gets debugged :talk:

I'd be more than happy to beta test it though ;) :lol:

I'm pretty sure when Phear said it could be turned on and off he meant any1 can do it, but if they don't want to it's turned off. NOT the serveradmin can choose if it's on or off. Well that's teh way I understood it.

Anyway if it's gonna be too buggy or decrease framerates too much or make the window for cheating even bigger it's a bad idea. But if it's just press f7 to display ur teammates amo, health and position it would be cool.

I am impressed :). A similar type of team-m8 view window was 1st introduced by in the 1st Delta Force, and it has to be said, there was no ill will regarding "did it constitute cheating?"

But yes, it was originally coded into the game.

For those of you who used to read the Advanced Assault Forums may remeber I asked Phear if it was possible to have a key which would display where your team-m8's were on the map and if they were close to an objective. This would be 100% better than that. allowing you to simply see where they are.

Would this feature be used to gain advantages during maps, well deffo yes, but to what extend? I don't think very much.

Supposing you are watching a team-m8 and you see where he was killed by a Shock-Whore, will that really stop you from dying, the best it will do is tell you which side of the corridor or room he was at - but a good defender changes his standing location anyways.

Nice work m8 :drool:

Sorry that paragraph was a little unclear, I meant that the server admin could choose wether the feature was enabled/disabled obviously the player can choose wether he wants it or not. I see no harm in developing this it looks like a whole lot of fun.

As for wether it could be included as a standard legaue feature I think that's probably an issue for another time when and if Phear can get it working.

Darkheart

Originally posted by Dogmiester
less useable as an advance scout tool

Thats what i use team view for tho

on some maps i will sometimes watch from a team m8 outside car 1 say on high speed and im on the switch or in the final objective

so i can see as soon as someone is out side or has battled ther way past

the good thing about this is that i dont have to have it full screen i can have it in a little window :)

*NB* Can we keep the discusion on the mod please and not get into a personal slagging match *NB*

Opti

What Darkheart said :D

I'm sure if we can persuade Phear(ofcourse we can :D ), the best way to go about this is to develop it(or rather have it developed... ;) ) and test it out, to see how much it impacts the game... then we can talk about wether it will impact the game negatively or not, personally I think it can only enhance the teamplay, which after all is the essential and most interresting aspect of assault :D

Amazing how sometimes langauges can become transparent ;) I'd guess that was something along the lines of "kiss my hairy arse". No?

Darkheart

lol I was gonna say something like that, I would be VERY surprised if Phear managed to do what Fin asked

WOOOW:eek:

Looks great! pls pls pls Phear develope it and put it into league use:) Some teams cant use BC or RW and this would less that handicap.

Don't listen to the lamers:shout:

I could do what fin asked no problem, you could have a window for each team mate, but hell you'd have no screen left to see where your going yourself :lol: Making the screen position customisable wouldn't be too difficult.

wow if u could change the screen position it would be awesome cos I think 2 teammates wouldn 't be over the top. Although u would need a lot of binds prolly for that to work :/